MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

9 hours ago, storskogen said:

I think they have done an excellent job with printing this time. I also like the depth given by the helmet printing.

Huh what? Is there helmet printing? As in mohawk printing? I can't find this hi res image just blurry ones on insta.

23 minutes ago, Redroe said:

Huh what? Is there helmet printing? As in mohawk printing? I can't find this hi res image just blurry ones on insta.

There's no mohawk printing. It looks like the Jango helmet without any of the blue.

Im in love with the new Mando set, the printing is one of the best if not the best I've ever seen for a main character on such a offordable price set. 

But just to nitpick, now that the torso, arms and legs are so well done I feel the helmet is the worst part :laugh:  would like some more shape on the head above the eyes like the 501st clones from 2020 to match perfectly this picture.

Anyway gonna buy this set on day one, hopefully in time of the season finale

8bGiMfL6vH8juYX2dWpb4R.jpg

50 minutes ago, Redroe said:

I meant the printing (I suppose) on the cheeks with different grey tones which have the purpose of providing depth. Otherwise a new mould would have been needed to that purpose. 

26 minutes ago, StarLord said:

Anyway gonna buy this set on day one, hopefully in time of the season finale

The season finale airs on December 18th and the new set will release on January 1st so that's not gonna happen. 

19 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The season finale airs on December 18th and the new set will release on January 1st so that's not gonna happen. 

I think the set will be just released in February. 

3 minutes ago, TheScaryDoor said:

I think the set will be just released in February. 

The main winter wave releases in february, this one's for january.

2 hours ago, storskogen said:

I meant the printing (I suppose) on the cheeks with different grey tones which have the purpose of providing depth. Otherwise a new mould would have been needed to that purpose. 

You sure the "old" mando the cheeks are printed? Doesnt look so, if it is, is very well done

125501816_855720618501136_5793207687277065787_n.jpg

26 minutes ago, StarLord said:

You sure the "old" mando the cheeks are printed? Doesnt look so, if it is, is very well done

It's the same Mandalorian helmet mold that's been in use for a while, it's definitely printed.

49 minutes ago, StarLord said:

125501816_855720618501136_5793207687277065787_n.jpg

I've got the figure, can confirm they are printed.  I don't think a new mold would really work for the Mandalorian helmet.  The helmet is really snug around a figure's head, so they can't make the cheek indentation actually a thing without making the helmet larger, which would just look really weird in LEGO form.  It's one of those things that's limited by the medium - obvious a real person's head isn't a cylinder, so the helmet can fit the contours of a person's face.  That's not really feasible in LEGO form since, well, there aren't any contours.

22 minutes ago, BigGuy4U said:

It's the same Mandalorian helmet mold that's been in use for a while, it's definitely printed.

I believe he was saying the cheeks aren't printed, which if so, is absolutely correct. The only printed element is the visor.

The helmet is exactly the same as the other Mando one except it's pearl silver.

Edit: I stand corrected, under light they are indeed printed. Crazy that I never noticed.

Edited by nintendude64

6 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Yes but how often do the January sets turn up in December? I had this year’s X-Wing and TIE before Christmas 2019 and I’m pretty sure they were January 2020 releases. 

5 hours ago, StarLord said:

I have mando, a boba, a sabine, and plenty of mauldalorians and loyalists. They're printed.

12 minutes ago, ch3ck_mat3 said:

Hurry up Lego, show us the good stuff already :)

That beskar mando arm printing isn't the "good stuff"? :laugh:

5 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Yes but how often do the January sets turn up in December? I had this year’s X-Wing and TIE before Christmas 2019 and I’m pretty sure they were January 2020 releases. 

Yeah, I know here in the US, Kohl's retailers would put stuff out in late December.  I found the Mando battlepack like a few days after Christmas, but I'm pretty sure they had it out prior to that.  Toys R Us used to be notorious for it too, which was always really great, but sadly TRU is no more in the USA.

I also found Obi-Wan's Hut at Target in like early-December but finding sets at the largest retailers is very unusual in my experience, and I know often you can't actually buy the sets because they haven't been put into the system or are street-dated for later.  

2 hours ago, bluedog1111 said:

Is the death star being sold out meaning retired forever? If so are their any new ones we have rumors of coming soon?

PLease not another DS, I didn't even get this one as it felt very little changed between this and the last one.  Unless its a DS2 with sections I don't think there is the need and there really were only 2 iconic scenes:

1) Emperor's arrival

2) Throne Room.

On 11/22/2020 at 12:21 PM, Brikkyy13 said:

The X-wing, Tie, Sith battlepack and microfighters were officially released the day TROS was in cinemas. I had a big issue trying to get the X-wing including considering driving through a bushfire area after K-mart cancelled my orders twice on 18th December.  From what I remember the Mando battlepack didn’t arrive in shops until mid January so that is probably what what will happen this year with 75299.

4 hours ago, bluedog1111 said:

Is the death star being sold out meaning retired forever? If so are their any new ones we have rumors of coming soon?

It's on the EOL list for 2020 so it'll definetely retire this year but wether or not there's still more stock coming as of this moment we don't know. I'd say yes but that's just a guess. 

On 11/22/2020 at 3:37 AM, Mandalorianknight said:

I have mando, a boba, a sabine, and plenty of mauldalorians and loyalists. They're printed.

That beskar mando arm printing isn't the "good stuff"? :laugh:

Gotta stick my oar in here. All the mandalorians I have do have cheek printing generally in a highlight colour to the rest of the helmet but thr OG Mando does not. It looks like it does under some lights, but it defo isn't printed.