MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

33 minutes ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

I don't know about the Y-Wing, but it was true of the Child statue just a few months ago, wasn't it? The first indication we had was somebody in a store in Belgium or somewhere holding the actual set.

Pretty sure we knew about that set beforehand as well.

I really like that set. The speeder looks a solid build. Plus it feels like an absolute bargain for the Mando with arm printing and the child in a cheap set.

Beskar Mando is absolutely perfect!
The speeder looks very nice as well.
The Tusken tent is interesting but the catapult is... well, y'know. Will probably turn it into something else.

Definitely gonna get this set :sweet: 

Regards,
Mitch

Aside from the Outlander TIE and the ITT there wasn't really much in the new episode that LEGO could turn into a set. But my god was this episode amazing :wub_drool: Spoilers below: 

Spoiler

I loved seeing Greef and Cara again, Mythrol didn't have much of an impact but it's cool to see such a minor character return. The action scenes in this episode were really well done and I loved the little references like the mention of Kessel and the Maelstrom in Nevarro's school. And ofc The Child was adorable as always! 

But the main thing people will be talking about the coming week are the major reveals/hints this episode had: 
- Where those early Palpatine clones in that Imperial Facility? 
- How screwed is Mando now that Gideon has a Destroyer? 
- What where those black silhouettes in the last scene? Shadowtroopers?

Definetely one of my favorite episodes of the series, this season just keeps on giving! Super excited for what next week will bring!

Edited by Guyon2002

8 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I hope that Mando crashing his ship becomes the show’s running joke

Yes!

Another running joke needs to be that he keeps running into Filoni's x-wing pilot every season, to increase our chances of getting a Dave Filoni figure.

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Aside from the Outlander TIE and the ITT there wasn't really much in the new episode that LEGO could turn into a set. But my god was this episode amazing :wub_drool: Spoilers below: 

Reveal hidden contents

I loved seeing Greef and Cara again, Mythrol didn't have much of an impact but it's cool to see such a minor character return. The action scenes in this episode were really well done and I loved the little references like the mention of Kessel and the Maelstrom in Nevarro's school. And ofc The Child was adorable as always! 

But the main thing people will be talking about the coming week are the major reveals/hints this episode had: 
- Where those early Palpatine clones in that Imperial Facility? 
- How screwed is Mando now that Gideon has a Destroyer? 
- What where those black silhouettes in the last scene? Shadowtroopers?

Definetely one of my favorite episodes of the series, this season just keeps on giving! Super excited for what next week will bring!

Spoiler

Baby yoda helping with the wiring is absolutely adorable, too.

Technically, it's an arquitens I think, but still, he's in trouble. Actually, an arquitens with Gideon, beskar mando, and some of the new troopers would be a good set.

I think they're some death trooper-like augmented troops or clones or something, they seem sciency. 

Another great episode. I am so here for a Trapper Wolf minifig, I was hopeful they'd throw one in the the X-wing set but that was just wishful thinking really.

5 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Hide contents

Baby yoda helping with the wiring is absolutely adorable, too.

Technically, it's an arquitens I think, but still, he's in trouble. Actually, an arquitens with Gideon, beskar mando, and some of the new troopers would be a good set.

I think they're some death trooper-like augmented troops or clones or something, they seem sciency. 

Spoiler

An Arquitens would be a great set, especially if it pops up for the season finale. Who knows, maybe Bo would be there as well to have a go at Gideon.

It seems like this series is dipping into legends a fair bit - IIRC the Empire did loads of experimentation with cloning in that, which is what led to a Palpatine clone. Weren't the Shadow Troopers also experimental stormtrooper clones?

On mobile, can’t spoiler tag, but I agree that that would be a good set. Seeing that really makes me want LEGO to do an all out Mando wave and that could be the biggest set of the lot. 

Much like Clone Wars and Rebels, The Mandalorian just keeps getting better as time goes on. When I first watched Rebels I thought that Filoni did a great job of laying the groundwork in earlier episodes for a balls-to-the-wall season finale. This is just solidifying that. He really knows how to play the long game. Yes, I know the show is written by Favreau but it really feels like Filoni is calling the shots here. 

Okay, I just gotta ask.
To the people who discuss the latest episode of The Mandalorian, and not in relation to possible LEGO sets:

You do know there is a topic for the series in the Culture & Multimedia subforum, yes?
 You can find it over here:

Regards,
Mitch

Edited by CF Mitch
Added link

30 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

On mobile, can’t spoiler tag, but I agree that that would be a good set.

Put your text in-between !spoiler! and !/spoiler!, just use square brackets instead of exclamation marks :wink:

This episode provided plenty of set opportunities, let‘s hope they take advantage of that next summer :purrr:

Edited by Lego-Freak

11 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Can I complain about you complaining about complaining about complaining about complaining about complaining, or is that too far?

You can, but then I'll have to complain about you complaining about complaining about complaining about complaining about complaining about complaining, of course.

7 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

I don't know about the Y-Wing, but it was true of the Child statue just a few months ago, wasn't it? The first indication we had was somebody in a store in Belgium or somewhere holding the actual set.

I'm fairly certain we already knew about the Child statue, but no images ever leaked of it. The image of the set in the store was the first time we saw it.

6 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

Another great episode. I am so here for a Trapper Wolf minifig, I was hopeful they'd throw one in the the X-wing set but that was just wishful thinking really.

Hide contents

An Arquitens would be a great set, especially if it pops up for the season finale. Who knows, maybe Bo would be there as well to have a go at Gideon.

It seems like this series is dipping into legends a fair bit - IIRC the Empire did loads of experimentation with cloning in that, which is what led to a Palpatine clone. Weren't the Shadow Troopers also experimental stormtrooper clones?

If/when we get a wave with actual numbers of mando sets, he's got to show up. 

Spoiler

I agree the arquitens would be a great set, especially with the figures they could throw in.

5 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

On mobile, can’t spoiler tag, but I agree that that would be a good set. Seeing that really makes me want LEGO to do an all out Mando wave and that could be the biggest set of the lot. 

Much like Clone Wars and Rebels, The Mandalorian just keeps getting better as time goes on. When I first watched Rebels I thought that Filoni did a great job of laying the groundwork in earlier episodes for a balls-to-the-wall season finale. This is just solidifying that. He really knows how to play the long game. Yes, I know the show is written by Favreau but it really feels like Filoni is calling the shots here. 

Yeah, I've been rewatching rebels and while I always liked the show, I never realized how much stuff they set up for later episodes and how much continuity there is. 

I agree it would be an amazing set.

4 hours ago, BigGuy4U said:

You can, but then I'll have to complain about you complaining about complaining about complaining about complaining about complaining about complaining, of course.

I'm fairly certain we already knew about the Child statue, but no images ever leaked of it. The image of the set in the store was the first time we saw it.

Alright you've beaten me there, I'm not going to bother counting all the complanings :laugh:.

I think you're right, which means there probably aren't surprise mando sets coming as leakers haven't said any other sets at all are coming. usually when something leaks like that we at least know that there is another set coming at that time. Maybe the sandspeeder or kylo and sith trooper brickheadz?

7 hours ago, CF Mitch said:

Okay, I just gotta ask.
To the people who discuss the latest episode of The Mandalorian, and not in relation to possible LEGO sets:

You do know there is a topic for the series in the Culture & Multimedia subforum, yes?
 You can find it over here:

Regards,
Mitch

Thanks. ?

6 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Put your text in-between !spoiler! and !/spoiler!, just use square brackets instead of exclamation marks :wink:

This episode provided plenty of set opportunities, let‘s hope they take advantage of that next summer :purrr:

Ok let's give this a

go. 

Oh my giddy aunt, it works. This is what I tried a few pages back but I got the slash going the wrong way. 

Anyway. Are we finally seeing how Palpatine came back? As Poe said: "somehow Palpatine returned." Worst line of all 9 films and that's including "i don't like sand". 

I got chills when I saw that Artiquens class cruiser. That would be a fantastic set. As indeed would the ITT and the TIE Outlander. 

This is what I wanted from Mando season 2. Some escalation and expansion. Loved the Resistance theme when Cara got the medallion. Superb. If they pull it off, it might even make me feel better about the sequels. Trust Star Wars to have to tell their stories backwards.

Edited by Redroe

Spoiler

I think its about time we've had an Arquitens with their numerous appearances in Rebels, TCW, and now the Mandalorian. I'm fairly certain those were Dark Troopers at the end as well, which we've never had in Lego.

regarding earlier conversations about the notable mandalorian set candidates all needing the mandalorian himself in them

Spoiler

an ITT with Greef, Cara, the Mythrol, and a couple of scout troopers would fit the bill perfectly

what would fit the bill perfectly is if all this Mandalorian wishlisting and random film discussion which has no relevance to any actual rumours were in the appropriate thread instead of this one... [/spoiler] 

1 hour ago, Redroe said:

Hide contents

Anyway. Are we finally seeing how Palpatine came back? As Poe said: "somehow Palpatine returned." Worst line of all 9 films and that's including "i don't like sand". 

I got chills when I saw that Artiquens class cruiser. That would be a fantastic set. As indeed would the ITT and the TIE Outlander. 

This is what I wanted from Mando season 2. Some escalation and expansion. Loved the Resistance theme when Cara got the medallion. Superb. If they pull it off, it might even make me feel better about the sequels. Trust Star Wars to have to tell their stories backwards.

Maybe they'll tie the utterly disappointing return of Palpatine into the artificial Force stuff, but I think it's actually supposed to be leading to Darth Vader wannabe Moff Gideon trying to give himself force powers so he can be more like Darth Vader. Maybe it'll disfigure him so he needs a helmet too, completing the look (leading to more marketable variants of the character, which we all know Star Wars loves to do).

Am I the only one who thought Pilot Appa from Kim's Space Convenience was super manipulative in that scene? Asking about Alderaan felt like a tactic to try and guilt her into joining the New Republic. I hope they follow up on that, the New Republic's insidious nature, and don't have everyone join up with them. On the other hand, I'm not a fan of the actress or her performance as the character and would be fine if she accepted the New Republic's offer and never appeared again.

As for sets, I agree that there are several you could easily make for this episode but we are SO overdue for a TIE Outlander, and yet there's no way we're getting it for a while since they just released a regular TIE. 

3 hours ago, Makin Bacon said:

regarding earlier conversations about the notable mandalorian set candidates all needing the mandalorian himself in them

Reveal hidden contents

an ITT with Greef, Cara, the Mythrol, and a couple of scout troopers would fit the bill perfectly

This was legitimately what I thought the set would be. Suffice it to say I am happy we got beskar mando, though I hope we get that set soon too.

1 hour ago, ood0 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Maybe they'll tie the utterly disappointing return of Palpatine into the artificial Force stuff, but I think it's actually supposed to be leading to Darth Vader wannabe Moff Gideon trying to give himself force powers so he can be more like Darth Vader. Maybe it'll disfigure him so he needs a helmet too, completing the look (leading to more marketable variants of the character, which we all know Star Wars loves to do).

Am I the only one who thought Pilot Appa from Kim's Space Convenience was super manipulative in that scene? Asking about Alderaan felt like a tactic to try and guilt her into joining the New Republic. I hope they follow up on that, the New Republic's insidious nature, and don't have everyone join up with them. On the other hand, I'm not a fan of the actress or her performance as the character and would be fine if she accepted the New Republic's offer and never appeared again.

As for sets, I agree that there are several you could easily make for this episode but we are SO overdue for a TIE Outlander, and yet there's no way we're getting it for a while since they just released a regular TIE. 

As for the bits on the episode itself:

Spoiler

I disagree about Cara herself, the actress is really great IMO and I think she's been doing a very good job in the show, but I do agree about the new republic, to an extent. I'm not sure that Carson meant it to be manipulative, but it definately had that effect, which I think is a purposeful thing by the directors to make the new republic be almost antagonists in this season. if the republic and empire are after the mando, it creates an interesting dynamic. That said, I think the rebel logo thingie they left her could be used to call them in to help fight gideon at the end of the season, so maybe I'm wrong.

as for possible sets:

Spoiler

The arquitens is almost a given to be a set eventually, it's got a star destroyer feel but could be done somewhat cheaper, it already has multiple good interior areas despite having about a minute of screen time, and the figures would be absolutely bonkers. I also think you're right that it might be awhile before the next outlander seeing as they're making a new imperial tie in january and the outlander is just an imperial tie with hinged wings. The transport would be a good set too, same with a small location set of the imperial base.

Spoiler free version: There are a good amount of mando sets that could be made for this episode alone.

With Cara, I just don't think the delivery of a lot of her lines is very convincing, it sounds like she's a first year drama student reading the script for the first time. I cringed through the entire scene where she was talking to the fire ferret. Also, while I like the integration of wrestling stuff into her fight scenes, they go so overboard with it that it's just silly. When she hoisted that alien criminal up onto her back, used him as a human(oid) shield and then flipped him over a table I was laughing uncontrollably at how ridiculous that entire scenario was.

On an unrelated note I'm kinda bummed that the Armorer didn't show up in the episode. She's a great character we still have so much to find out about, and I'd take any excuse to get her as a minifigure. Hope she appears again before the season is over.

1 hour ago, Bardan_Jusik said:

There's a new high res picture up of Beskar Mando. He does in fact have the mudhorn signet printed on his right pauldron.

I think they have done an excellent job with printing this time. I also like the depth given by the helmet printing.

7 hours ago, ood0 said:

Reveal hidden contents

With Cara, I just don't think the delivery of a lot of her lines is very convincing, it sounds like she's a first year drama student reading the script for the first time. I cringed through the entire scene where she was talking to the fire ferret. Also, while I like the integration of wrestling stuff into her fight scenes, they go so overboard with it that it's just silly. When she hoisted that alien criminal up onto her back, used him as a human(oid) shield and then flipped him over a table I was laughing uncontrollably at how ridiculous that entire scenario was.

On an unrelated note I'm kinda bummed that the Armorer didn't show up in the episode. She's a great character we still have so much to find out about, and I'd take any excuse to get her as a minifigure. Hope she appears again before the season is over.

Spoiler

We'll definetely see the Armorer again in the future but I don't think she will be friendly, more like a semi-villain. After Bo made Mando question his beliefs in last weeks episode they purposely showed him tilting his helmet upwards to drink (this probably always happened off-screen but I feel like they purposely showed it this time around). Maybe Mando will come to question the creed so much that he and the Armorer end up on opposite sides? 

3 hours ago, Bardan_Jusik said:

There's a new high res picture up of Beskar Mando. He does in fact have the mudhorn signet printed on his right pauldron.

That's awesome :wub:

I really want to see the official reveal of the new “affordable-scale” X-Wing and TIE :excited:

Hopefully Monday morning!

1 hour ago, RogueTwo said:

I really want to see the official reveal of the new “affordable-scale” X-Wing and TIE :excited:

There‘s not much left that hasn‘t been revealed yet besides the majority of the SW wave (mainly half of the Ninjago sets, Minecraft, and CMF S21), so I‘d say the chances are pretty good :classic: Fingers crossed Dodonna won‘t be the only new character, against all odds :tongue:

13 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

This was legitimately what I thought the set would be. Suffice it to say I am happy we got beskar mando, though I hope we get that set soon too.

I am certain we will get Imperial Troop Transport/Trexler Marauder ,the way Greef shouts the name of the vehicle indicates that it will be made into toy and Hasbro already had one for previous season of Mandalorian.

5 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

We'll definetely see the Armorer again in the future but I don't think she will be friendly, more like a semi-villain. After Bo made Mando question his beliefs in last weeks episode they purposely showed him tilting his helmet upwards to drink (this probably always happened off-screen but I feel like they purposely showed it this time around). Maybe Mando will come to question the creed so much that he and the Armorer end up on opposite sides? 

Spoiler

I thought that would happen this episode, but instead the armorer is just...gone? Obviously not dead, they wouldn't kill her offscreen and not even mention it, but she seems to have escaped somewhere with the beskar. I assume he'll most likely run into her again and they'll fight about what "the way" truly is.

No matter what her character turns out to be, though, we need a figure. a small forge set with her, a stormtrooper or two, and maybe the mando would be pretty cool.

3 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

Yes, it'll be great to see them in images that are actually high quality and have confirmation of the figures and any side builds.