MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

3 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

Cool stuff, getting Beskar Mando plus the Child in a cheap set is already awesome but the side builds actually look pretty decent, and I still love the new Tusken (at this point I don't know if I can still call it "new" considering it's like 5 years old, but the 2002 Tuskens are still what I think of when I think of the minifig versions, :laugh:) regardless of how many I've collected.  

It is actually new as it debuted this January in UK, it has a different, and significantly less good torso print than the previous one. I genuinely don't know why they haven't included it but it ought to have that cylinder thing on its neck as I said above. It looks a bit generic and incomplete without it. 

Fortuntely I have a couple of those old 2002 tusken torsos kicking about waiting for new heads and legs.

Edit: a quick google tells me it's a moisture trap. So now we know.

Edited by Redroe

On 11/11/2020 at 8:23 PM, Lego-Freak said:

It’s either one of these I guess:

My money’s on the latter, but the former would be funnier :laugh:

Hah, called it :laugh: 

Beskar Mando is a thing of beauty :wub: 

5 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

I don't see a reason why Mando would stop using the Beskar armor.  Unless they gave us Kuiil's farm, every other viable set was from an episode/scene that had him in Beskar armor

Yes, I do foresee a time when Original Mando goes for more on the black market than Beskar Mando.

I have a feeling in my guts that he is going to lose that Beskar armor, though. I feel like there's a big damn showdown coming and he is going to be unmasked and disgraced. Then crawl back up the ramp of the Razor Crest and jam Boba's helmet down on his head. Stand up like the biggest badass in the galaxy. Every fan turns into a squealing puddle. I just have a feeling. 

3 minutes ago, Redroe said:

I have a feeling in my guts that he is going to lose that Beskar armor, though. I feel like there's a big damn showdown coming and he is going to be unmasked and disgraced. Then crawl back up the ramp of the Razor Crest and jam Boba's helmet down on his head. Stand up like the biggest badass in the galaxy. Every fan turns into a squealing puddle. I just have a feeling. 

Fingers crossed that if Din loses his armor they'll let the Razor Crest alone for a while. That poor thing is turning into Star Wars' Destiny's Bounty, they really love wrecking it :laugh_hard:

8 minutes ago, Redroe said:

It is actually new as it debuted this January in UK, it has a different, and significantly less good torso print than the previous one. I genuinely don't know why they haven't included it but it ought to have that cylinder thing on its neck as I said above. It looks a bit generic and incomplete without it.

Its supposed to be a different costume. The 2015 figure is based on their appearance in A New Hope. The 2020 version is from the Prequel Trilogy. :classic:

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Fingers crossed that if Din loses his armor they'll let the Razor Crest alone for a while. That poor thing is turning into Star Wars' Destiny's Bounty, they really love wrecking it :laugh_hard:

I laughed out loud when it pitched off the landing pad and the deckhand just shook his head and went to get his crane. The humour in this season is much dryer.

Well, everything apart from the humour in this particular episode was pretty wet. But you get me. 

Just now, wesker said:

Its supposed to be a different costume. The 2015 figure is based on their appearance in A New Hope. The 2020 version is from the Prequel Trilogy. :classic:

You got me! You eagle eye. It's true. The AotC ones don't have it. Sorry for my lack of faith, Lego. I'll have some spaghetti tentacles with my humble pie. 

Anyway, old one still looks better. Nice to be able to switch them up a bit though.

15 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

That is a great analogy!

That new Mando minifigure is gorgeous! I could’ve sworn I saw arm printing in that leaked image but I didn’t want to get my hopes up. I’m very glad Lego is doing my arm printing for Star Wars figures.

The bike and the cannon look pretty good; the tent and campfire look a little meh. I’m tempted to get multiples of this set anyway though, so maybe I’ll be able to make it a more complete build.

Overall, I’m pretty satisfied!

I was never so happy to be wrong. Arm printing. On a SW figure that NEEDS and deserves it. In a cheap set. This is like an excuse for everything else. And it works :pir-grin:

It's also pretty good the helmet colour and armor fits. I would have prefered darker metal colour - but its very fine and probably more accurate this way.

I do feel the dark tone in the show would only be matched with black jump suit and dark metal grey colours. The light silver and dark brown also have a really nice contrast to each other; finished with the dark red details.

Now I gotta think about getting a helmet since TLG doesnt care - but seriously; this is great; very nice set and arm printing how it should be used.

Im really glad this is not from some exclusive or super expensive set as well.

I think one more tusken raider and I'd be more accepting of its price. But I'll be honest. I'm also going to get it regardless! The fact Din can carry baby yoda :laugh::wub: speeder bike is a nice size/build too. The rest will probably be a parts pack. Might make the 'tent' if you can call it that, for somewhere for the tusken to sit. 

They certainly upped their game with the arm printing though. Wonder what brought that on? 

Cool set - will definitely be getting as long as one of my boys doesn't beg me for it first. Arm printing for first Vader and now the Mando - what's next? Dual-moulded legs as standard?

Nice, the figures look great. Even as a parts pack on its own this is pretty decent - new silver spring shooter missile, plenty of dark tan bits. Meh tent design is meh, but adds plenty of play value so can't really knock its inclusion.

I do find it funny how the box has the 'The Mandalorian' logo, next to a... 'The Child' logo? I guess LEGO knows what sells :laugh:

7 minutes ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

I do find it funny how the box has the 'The Mandalorian' logo, next to a... 'The Child' logo? I guess LEGO knows what sells :laugh:

Didn’t even notice that at first :head_back: I hope the Child finally gets a proper name this season, a hope which is probably shared by marketing departments around the world... “The Child” is just awkward to market

Speaking of funny: It’s pretty ironic that the set we all expected to get revealed last now got unveiled first. They definitely didn’t save the best for last :tongue:

Absolutely love the set,day 1 buy unless scalpers pull 2020 AAT on me. Tent looks cool and didnt expect arm printing on a 30$ set,love the speeder too. Only thing thats missing is jet pack,but i think Pre Vizslas or Mauls Mandalorian one would look perfect on him.

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Can I jump in by complaining about complaining about complaining about complaining?

Yeah well, I'm going to complain about you complaining about complaining about complaining about complaining! Take that!

In an effort to stay on topic, this looks like a nice set. Is it the greatest thing ever, no, but I don't have either the Mando or the Child yet so getting both of them in a relatively cheap set is nice.

Great set! As others have said - baby Yoda in affordable set: tick, Beskar Mando: big tick.

Lego has been on a bit of a Tatooine/Tusken thing lately. I actually like the tent, it reminds me of the Tusken section in KOTOR. Now if instead of the ballista we got a Bastila...

1 hour ago, TeufelHund said:

Cool set - will definitely be getting as long as one of my boys doesn't beg me for it first. Arm printing for first Vader and now the Mando - what's next? Dual-moulded legs as standard?

Arm printing for Vader? Wait wut? Where's this?

5 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

Arm printing for Vader? Wait wut? Where's this?

Death Star Final Duel as well as the Bespin Duel

? That Beskar Mando ?

My other Lego passion is Fantasy type stuff so the ballista is a welcome build. The swoop looks great! The  big gaps in the tent build drive me a little nuts but with everything else this set gets right I'm not complaining too loudly. Also to the price complaints, last years AAT was also a set with 2 highly sought after figs and only 10 pieces more and it was priced 10 dollars more than this set. This is a step in the right direction. A few steps actually. 

6 hours ago, Redroe said:

Yes, I do foresee a time when Original Mando goes for more on the black market than Beskar Mando.

Yeah, the scrap armor mando could go for more eventually, but I think mainly because beskar mando could become pretty common. Same with the child, if lego makes a lot of mando sets they'll be in a fair few of them, and lego'd have to be stupid to not realize how much money they'll make from more mando sets. Not that I mind, amassing mandos with that sweet, sweet arm printing will be great, and I've got plenty of young relatives to give baby yodas to.

6 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I had to google whether or not the destiny's bounty still existed, I had one back when I was younger and I'm surprised they've kept the same ship around for so long.

But yeah they're really beating up the razor crest this season, it's been wrecked three times in as many episodes (crash landing on snow planet, big spider boi attack, crash landing on ocean planet). I'd bet on him crashing above navarro in tonight's episode.

4 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Didn’t even notice that at first :head_back: I hope the Child finally gets a proper name this season, a hope which is probably shared by marketing departments around the world... “The Child” is just awkward to market

Speaking of funny: It’s pretty ironic that the set we all expected to get revealed last now got unveiled first. They definitely didn’t save the best for last :tongue:

I don't think we will. At this point I don't think anyone can think of a name that would fit for him, and everyone calls him "baby yoda" anyway.

But about the set thing. I'm very much trying not to get my hopes up as it could be nothing, but the star wars show, after revealing it, said more was coming monday. They could just be referring to the rest of the sets we know about, of course...but...everything revealed for mando mondays so far has been mandalorian related. Like I said, trying not to get hopes up, it's unlikely star wars sets could make it to an official reveal before leakers even knew a set existed, but.... 

4 hours ago, BigGuy4U said:

Yeah well, I'm going to complain about you complaining about complaining about complaining about complaining! Take that!

In an effort to stay on topic, this looks like a nice set. Is it the greatest thing ever, no, but I don't have either the Mando or the Child yet so getting both of them in a relatively cheap set is nice.

Can I complain about you complaining about complaining about complaining about complaining about complaining, or is that too far?

This does look like a perfect set for lego fans who don't have the other sets (or even casual mandalorian fans who don't normally buy lego) to get the two main characters for cheap. I feel like this could sell pretty fast, maybe not 501st battle pack level (although I feel like that was more so a few people buying absolutely nutty amounts than a ton of different people each buying a few), but still selling out pretty fast. I might get a second copy anyway, to try to make a full tent, fill out the tusken ranks, and of course get another copy of the mandalorian to part out for other mandos.

2 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

But yeah they're really beating up the razor crest this season, it's been wrecked three times in as many episodes (crash landing on snow planet, big spider boi attack, crash landing on ocean planet). I'd bet on him crashing above navarro in tonight's episode.

I hope that Mando crashing his ship becomes the show’s running joke

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

But about the set thing. I'm very much trying not to get my hopes up as it could be nothing, but the star wars show, after revealing it, said more was coming monday. They could just be referring to the rest of the sets we know about, of course...but...everything revealed for mando mondays so far has been mandalorian related. Like I said, trying not to get hopes up, it's unlikely star wars sets could make it to an official reveal before leakers even knew a set existed, but.... 

Didn't that happen with the UCS Y-Wing?  Where nobody knew it existed until it was found on shelves?  

The pessimistic side of me thinks that probably was just referring to more Mandalorian toys being revealed on Monday, not necessarily Lego specifically, but who knows?  

1 hour ago, Kit Figsto said:

Didn't that happen with the UCS Y-Wing?  Where nobody knew it existed until it was found on shelves?  

The pessimistic side of me thinks that probably was just referring to more Mandalorian toys being revealed on Monday, not necessarily Lego specifically, but who knows?  

I don't know about the Y-Wing, but it was true of the Child statue just a few months ago, wasn't it? The first indication we had was somebody in a store in Belgium or somewhere holding the actual set.