MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

13 hours ago, TheScaryDoor said:

Lego announced the Marvel Sets for February 2021 today. I guess we will see in the next days the new Star Wars Sets as well for February. Which means a better look for the new Mando-Set.

If they continue with the licensed (non-minidoll) themes before starting to reveal the in-house ones, the only ones left are DC, SW, and Minecraft. The DC sets are scheduled for May, so we won’t see them for a while, leaving SW and Minecraft. I think SW has a decent chance to be next, but I’m honestly more excited about the latter :tongue:

Supposedly the Mandalorian set may get a reveal on the next Mando Monday, so I can't imagine the rest of the Star Wars set reveals will be more than a couple weeks away now.

A little late to the party, but that Mando set looks decent! Really enjoyed the Tatooine speeder bike montages in S2E1. Not too big a fan of Lego choosing to include a ballista here, but I’m curious to see high-res images regardless. Beskar Mando will be nice to have, and I really hope we get an actual face underneath the helmet this time round.

Overall, I can see this set and possibly the Tydirium being my only SW purchases for the first half of 2021. Feeling optimistic that the summer wave will contain some more interesting offerings.

Oh my, new Beskar Mando has arm printing in new set! That's really great to see! The build of set are fine, but everyone is clearly getting this set for that amazing Beskar Nado figure. Can't wait to get this set!

I am actually surprised that the Mando fig turned out so well. Pretty much the best it could possibly be without new molds.

For a set with such an amazing fig, the Child, and some really neat builds, I actually think it's a pretty fair price. At least a better value for me than many recent SW sets.

These are the kind of sets I like to see. 

In a perfect world this would be a ~$15 set with Mando, The Child and the speeder bike. Sadly it's a $30 set with some extra builds that are pretty garbage :hmpf_bad: 

I honestly don't even care that some of you will complain about me complaining, this set is pretty damn meh and definetely not worth it's price. 

10 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Baby Yoda sits in a baby carrier :laugh_hard:

Hey, yeah, they reused that part from the people pack! Finally! And the best part is, you can actually take it off the speeder and make Din wear it!

Also, OMG Din has arm printing! That’s amazing. Have we ever got arm printing in a non-movie set this small? Man, they have to be gearing up to use this figure in a lot of sets if they’re willing to give him arm printing.

Also happy to see that the helmet is indeed silver, not gunmetal. And the build is great! The campsite is bigger and more detailed than I expected, the bike is gorgeous, and the ballista . . eh, there had to be a play feature somewhere. And it doesn’t look bad or anything either. 

Definitely buying this set!

between mando and Vader, I'm really appreciating the arm printing Lego has been giving us as of late. I'm not going to start expecting it, but it is nice on figures where it feels necessary.

The cynical side of me is now worried, however, about the people who will complain that lego won't release an army builder set full of arm printed clone troopers.

Oh my, this set is absolutely fantastic. 

I love the builds, they seem really unique and like something that hasn't been done in Lego (not in that style at least).

Beskar Mando tho... might be one of my favourite minifigures of all time. He looks absolutely incredible, like come on, he even got arm printing.

Day one buy for me :wub:

My only real nitpick is the lack of a jetpack for mando, but not a deal breaker by any means.

23 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

In a perfect world this would be a ~$15 set with Mando, The Child and the speeder bike. Sadly it's a $30 set with some extra builds that are pretty garbage :hmpf_bad: 

I honestly don't even care that some of you will complain about me complaining, this set is pretty damn meh and definetely not worth it's price. 

You like complaining about everything, dont you? Legit everything to the point you are complaining about this lol

anyways, This set is fantastic. Nice builds and a cheap way to get baby yoda and beskar mando with arm printing.

Edited by HalfBloodPrince

Just now, HalfBloodPrince said:

You like complaining about everything, dont you?

The Marvel stuff warrants it most of the time.

This set however is very good and exciting.

Just now, HalfBloodPrince said:

You like complaining about everything, dont you?

Complaining about complaining? What's next complaining about complaining about complaining, I guess that's what I'm doing.

Mando looks good, it's not a perfect set but what is?

I do hope we get some more Rogue one sets soon, for the most beloved of the Disney movies it hasn't had many sets since its first wave. 

11 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

You like complaining about everything, dont you? Legit everything to the point you are complaining about this lol

If I don't like something I'll say that and vice versa, I don't praise things I don't like just because it's from a certain theme. This thread is titled 'discussion' for a reason you know.

20 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Oh my, this set is absolutely fantastic. 

I love the builds, they seem really unique and like something that hasn't been done in Lego (not in that style at least).

Beskar Mando tho... might be one of my favourite minifigures of all time. He looks absolutely incredible, like come on, he even got arm printing.

He's, quite literally, shining. I think he might be one of, if not the best minifigure ever made.

13 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Complaining about complaining? What's next complaining about complaining about complaining, I guess that's what I'm doing.

Mando looks good, it's not a perfect set but what is?

I do hope we get some more Rogue one sets soon, for the most beloved of the Disney movies it hasn't had many sets since its first wave. 

Can I jump in by complaining about complaining about complaining about complaining? 

Unfortunately, much like some of us were saying about rebels earlier, despite being very popular among star wars fans, I don't think it was as popular among children. Again kinda like rebels, I could see getting a new, better version of the main ship (The U-wing), but not much else, besides battlepack-type sets with the shore and death troopers, or vehicles that were in the OT too with a rogue one figure or two thrown in.

Oh my, this is an amazing set (Though Bespin Duel is still better :tongue:). The speeder bike is actually a pretty good size, and looks great. Baby yoda is adorable still and I like his little carrier. The mando figure is one of the best figures ever made, I think, and I'm so glad he's got a silver helmet. The tusken stuff is great for filling out the set to the price point, the ballista looks nice, more tusken raiders are always nice to have, and the tent is...a nice part pack? That's my only legitimate gripe about the set, it's got massive gaps on the "covered" side, and really just looks awful. But it's just a side build and will be a nice part pack. I also have a very minor nitpick: the bayonet on his rifle should be metallic or gray, not black (which is super easy to switch out and also super minor).

I do find it funny that the picture they took of the build set, Din's rifle is built wrong so he's holding the barrel and the scope points straight down. 

Definite buy for me. All three builds look great and the arm printing on the Mandalorian is a pleasant surprise.

Hopefully we don't have to wait too long for the rest of the Star Wars sets to be officially revealed.

It's a nice little set and I'm happy with how well the Beskar Mando turned out. The speeder bike looks good and the ballista looks much better then it has any right to. The camp is a fine little build. I really hope they do at least one more set for this episode to build out the scene with Cobb Vanth in weathered Boba armor, his speeder and a molded Bantha. I wonder if LEGO would marble sand green and silver like they used to do for Bionicle and a couple other themes with dark green and silver. I think that could work for weathered Boba armor. Or more likely they'd print sand green on silver parts.

Edited by ToaDraco

17 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

If I don't like something I'll say that and vice versa, I don't praise things I don't like just because it's from a certain theme. This thread is titled 'discussion' for a reason you know.

Yeah but you complain about everything, even good stuff like the Harry Potter stuff, the summer marvel wave, and now this, So how about you stop being negative

Edited by HalfBloodPrince

oh neat they remade lego set 7113 with the huts and a different speeder for mando

but seriously it looks nice, mando has nice arm printing and the ballista is pretty well built. probably worth getting more than one copy of the hut to finish the circle and line em up with an angsty anakin to chop through

Arm printing!! Yey!

No helmet printing! Boo! 

Great little bike! Yey!

Awful tent! Boo!

Ballista looks naff! Meh.

Good parts in the ballista and the tent! Yey!

Why no metal thing round the Tusken's neck? Meh.

Silver spring shooters! :moar: my Uruk Hai are roaring in glee.

Ok. I give this three out of five. Probably the best TLG could do with the info they were allowed to have. Baby Yoda in the carrier is enough to forgive many sins. 

But no mohawk printing. Lego, seriously. Seriously.

ps. On this complaining about.... etc... be nice guys? As I say. 3 out of 5. Does what it needs to do. Could do much better. Will buy, but will wait for sale.

Edited by Redroe

Cool stuff, getting Beskar Mando plus the Child in a cheap set is already awesome but the side builds actually look pretty decent, and I still love the new Tusken (at this point I don't know if I can still call it "new" considering it's like 5 years old, but the 2002 Tuskens are still what I think of when I think of the minifig versions, :laugh:) regardless of how many I've collected.  

Also, I wonder if this means that the original Mando figure will become a bit rarer, since historically they haven't ever gone back in time when making sets based on a Star Wars TV show (as in, once a character changed appearance or a vehicle was no longer in use, like the Twilight or Sabine's armor/hair changing, LEGO never remade the old ships or went back to old versions of the figure), and I don't see a reason why Mando would stop using the Beskar armor.  Unless they gave us Kuiil's farm, every other viable set was from an episode/scene that had him in Beskar armor.

Edited by Kit Figsto