MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

11 hours ago, Makin Bacon said:

you would buy a UCS jar jar bust but a Jedi Bob minifig is enough for you to poopoo the gunship?

I dont mind jedi bob,i dont want yellow head one.

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

For a long-time collector like me, this is easily the lamest wave yet. No battle packs, all rehashes with just one set that includes something that can be called „new“, probably just one new character (and a pretty boring one at that), and not a single new mould anywhere. What is this?!

100 % agree.

11 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I really don't get the people saying that Cobb Vanth not being included isn't an issue because you can make him yourself. You can make almost every character yourself, that doesn't mean we don't need an official one.

Cobb is easy to make in purist lego form,he doesnt require any new prints or molds,he is literally wearing boba armor and has red arms and scarf even if lego made official it would be 97% same of the one you make. We cant just go around and make purist Boss Nass,we dont have helmet for Bo Katan,there is no Gar Saxon or minister Almec armor or helmets,we cant make purist Kaminoan,Mas Amedda,Wat Tambor,Quarrens,San Hill,Dexter Jettster,Mother Talzin,galactic marines,Passel Argente,clone cadets,mando Armorer,Rune Haako,Mythrol,bad batch etc. All these figures made by us wouldnt be 3% of what lego can make. We dont even have Dryden Vos who was main villain of entire movie,Kuiil who is more important than Cobb and had a spot in 4 episodes,Paz Vizla who not only has his hot wheel car he also has kenner,hasbro,funko and hot toys figures and is smashing in sales. And lastly if tent and ballista end up being cool lot of people will buy multiple and they will get more out of it by getting tusken raiders than Cobb,it also makes no sense to have a tusken tent as building and no tusken raiders.

At least the summer wave will be better... Right? RIGHT? 

...it‘s going to be a Snowspeeder, A-Wing, Y-Wing and Star Destroyer, isn‘t it :tongue: 

Seriously though, I‘m not that cynical usually, but after the last wave, which was surprisingly diverse, this is just a huge letdown. Why have they suddenly forgotten that SW is so much more than just the OT :laugh_hard:

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

...it‘s going to be a Snowspeeder, A-Wing, Y-Wing and Star Destroyer, isn‘t it :tongue: 

Seriously though, I‘m not that cynical usually, but after the last wave, which was surprisingly diverse, this is just a huge letdown. Why have they suddenly forgotten that SW is so much more than just the OT :laugh_hard:

... I'd be OK with an A-wing and Y-wing to be fair :look:

The new sizing of sets is great but I do hope the size of the wave isn't a sign of things to come. With smaller and cheaper sets, I would expect at least the same amount of sets, if not more. Hopefully future waves are a bit bit bigger and more diverse and this is just testing the waters.

Edited by TeddytheSpoon

Beskar Mando and the Child in a cheap set is something most people were asking for (and prioritized before other characters), especially for all those who didn’t buy the Razor Crest. I think it was a good move. At this point, I believe TLG (which has been prudent with the prevoius wave) has acknowledged the success of the Mandalorian. As such, more sets will be probably released in 2021 after everyone will have watched Season 2. The lack of an early release of new sets with new vehicles and new characters now might also be imposed to avoid spoilers.

Encounter At Tatooine sounds great!
Glad to hear we will indeed get a Beskar Mando, and in quite an affordable set.
Kiiiinda sucks I recently bought the Razor Crest which I did about 75% for The Child, but oh well...

Regards,
Mitch

Edited by CF Mitch

18 hours ago, Fuppylodders said:

Beskar armour mando and the child in a cheap set, and people still complaining? :iamded_lol:

At this point I'm pretty sure it's impossible for Lego to make a set or minifig and not have at least one person on this forum complain about it. Somehow the release of Beskar Mando is enough for people to go from "I can't believe they made two sets with the Mando and none of them are wearing the beskar armor!" to "I can't believe Beskar Mando is the only new figure in this set, he's just a variant anyway". Sometimes the negativity on here really gets on my nerves, though I have to admit it's nowhere near as bad in the Star Wars threads as it is in the Superheroes ones.

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I've been waiting years for another system scale Imperial Star Destroyer, that would be fine with me... (Agreed on the diversity front though, give me more PT and Clone Wars :moar:)

8 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

True, but why does the whole wave have to be nothing but repeats? :tongue: The theme has always been full of redesigns, that‘s not a new trend, but I‘ve never complained before because there were either enough new vehicles to counterbalance them or at the very least some interesting minifigs. This wave has nothing of the sorts

3/4 of the system scale sets and 1/3 the microfighters are remakes, true, but here's why. The system sets are doing a new thing this year where they somewhat reduce the size to make it much cheaper, which I think is great. For their new approach it makes sense that they'd go with the two most iconic star wars vehicles ever (and the shuttle was due for a remake anyway). For figures, there are at minimum two completely new figures, beskar mando and Dodanna, and another one that's got a new print (death star droid). Plus, there's potential for more (I'd guess black jacket han from ESB in the falcon, and maybe new prints for the tusken and pilots).

5 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

I dont mind jedi bob,i dont want yellow head one.

Cobb is easy to make in purist lego form,he doesnt require any new prints or molds,he is literally wearing boba armor and has red arms and scarf even if lego made official it would be 97% same of the one you make. We cant just go around and make purist *snipped for space, but it was other characters, including some which have much less screen time and some that are easy to make customs of, along with some that are glaring omissions.*

And lastly if tent and ballista end up being cool lot of people will buy multiple and they will get more out of it by getting tusken raiders than Cobb,it also makes no sense to have a tusken tent as building and no tusken raiders.

So first off, not helping your point there. if the skin tone of a figure from a likely multi-hundred dollar set is what makes you not buy it, re-examine how much you wanted the set in the first place.

I completely get why cobb isn't in the set and I'm fine with him not showing up, but he is not easy to custom. The relative lack of armor scoring on the armor is fine, but the torso under boba's armor is light grey instead of dark red, and he looks really weird once you put on red arms, like he's wearing a gray tank top over a red sweater. Plus, none of the other characters make any sense to be in this set, and no one's saying he would replace the tusken (who I'm glad is in the set but they're like $3 each on bricklink they're not exactly rare). People would be wanting him in addition to the tusken, and 3 figures plus the child isn't unreasonable for a $30 set. Again, I'm super happy with the set as-is and due to potential spoilers if it had leaked earlier it makes sense cobb isn't there, but he's not easy to make in purist form.

Don't worry about the armorer and paz at least, lego knows mandalorians sell like hotcakes, they'll show up eventually.

1 hour ago, BigGuy4U said:

At this point I'm pretty sure it's impossible for Lego to make a set or minifig and not have at least one person on this forum complain about it. Somehow the release of Beskar Mando is enough for people to go from "I can't believe they made two sets with the Mando and none of them are wearing the beskar armor!" to "I can't believe Beskar Mando is the only new figure in this set, he's just a variant anyway". Sometimes the negativity on here really gets on my nerves, though I have to admit it's nowhere near as bad in the Star Wars threads as it is in the Superheroes ones.

That's why I stopped looking at the superheroes thread (well, that and the MCU's big run ended). Saying a nice thing about a set there is a death sentence.

It's a bit better here, but still odd that "$30 set with beskar mando and the child" is now some bad set because it doesn't include a character that most people didn't know was even going to show up until 2 weeks ago. Cobb's in my top 5 favorite star wars characters, but c'mon. Give lego some time.

1 hour ago, BigGuy4U said:

I've been waiting years for another system scale Imperial Star Destroyer, that would be fine with me... (Agreed on the diversity front though, give me more PT and Clone Wars :moar:)

The 2014 ISD was very nice, I still have mine displayed and it pairs very well with the First Order SD of the same scale 

45 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

That's why I stopped looking at the superheroes thread (well, that and the MCU's big run ended). Saying a nice thing about a set there is a death sentence.

In that theme we at least get sets that aren’t rehashes and some new moulds too. That’s more than can be said for the 1HY SW wave :tongue:

Beskar Mando is great and all, but being the (only) highlight of the entire wave sours it for me. Every Mando set released after this one will include that version so it won’t be anything special for long. I won’t be surprised if the exact same minifig shows up in a 2HY set as well.

I was among the defenders of the last wave, but this one’s on its own :head_back:

Edit: The Mando set leaked :classic: Looks decent. To me it feels like the smallest entry in a whole wave of Mando sets, instead, it’s the only one...*sigh*

Edited by Lego-Freak

Um well. 

The bike looks good and the ballista looks... ok. Like a runner up for those LotR battle packs they always meant to make. But the tent looks.... nowt like a tent. Especially the tusken ones. 

Oh well. Some nice parts to come out of it. Are those a new 2x2 curved plate on the front of the bike?

Well... I don't think we can tell much from this picture, but I think it looks great - at least in terms of being an amazing display piece. I hope we get a high quality look at it soon enough. 

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

11 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

That set looks quite neat, I'll probably get it just to have the main Mando to fit with the Battle Pack. Does anyone know what piece Baby Yoda fits inside? 

It’s either one of these I guess:

37822.png

Lego Minifigure, Backpack Open

My money’s on the latter, but the former would be funnier :laugh:

4 hours ago, CF Mitch said:

Encounter At Tatooine sounds great!
Glad to hear we will indeed get a Beskar Mando, and in quite an affordable set.
Kiiiinda sucks I recently bought the Razor Crest which I did about 75% for The Child, but oh well...

Regards,
Mitch

Ooh but the razor crest is such a nice looking ship! 

5 hours ago, storskogen said:

Beskar Mando and the Child in a cheap set is something most people were asking for (and prioritized before other characters), especially for all those who didn’t buy the Razor Crest. I think it was a good move. At this point, I believe TLG (which has been prudent with the prevoius wave) has acknowledged the success of the Mandalorian. As such, more sets will be probably released in 2021 after everyone will have watched Season 2. The lack of an early release of new sets with new vehicles and new characters now might also be imposed to avoid spoilers.

They did the same thing last year, we got one set for Force Friday and a small battle pack in January.  This set is arguably better than the AT-ST, because it's a new build, whereas the other one was basically just the Rogue One AT-ST with different colors and the leg design changed slightly.  Not saying it wasn't a really good set, because the design is fantastic, but it wasn't anything that new.  

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

3/4 of the system scale sets and 1/3 the microfighters are remakes, true, but here's why. The system sets are doing a new thing this year where they somewhat reduce the size to make it much cheaper, which I think is great. For their new approach it makes sense that they'd go with the two most iconic star wars vehicles ever (and the shuttle was due for a remake anyway). For figures, there are at minimum two completely new figures, beskar mando and Dodanna, and another one that's got a new print (death star droid). Plus, there's potential for more (I'd guess black jacket han from ESB in the falcon, and maybe new prints for the tusken and pilots)

Don't forget, possibly Leia which could either be Celebration Leia (which almost assuredly would be a new figure since they're not going to re-use a figure from like eight years ago) or the Leia that was previously exclusive to the Tantive IV, which is almost as good as a new figure, since that was a $200, somewhat rare set.  

49 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

so people over IG write theres a new helmet visible - I cannot even make out if Mando is on the bike or not due to picture quality :pir_laugh2:

Yeah I saw that too, I was like "wuut" :laugh:

Frankly I kind of doubt it?  I mean, this has been the same Mandalorian helmet mold for like 10 years now and I don't really know how they'd improve upon it?  They can't really make the cheeks any more pronounced, otherwise the helmet would look too big.

I was already on board but from what we can see I like the look of it. 

Kind of hard to tell but the speeder doesn't look too oversized so that's a plus. 

I like the Child's little carrier. All those ebayers selling a Mando/child/carrier combo are going to have to lower their prices now! 

5 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

Frankly I kind of doubt it?  I mean, this has been the same Mandalorian helmet mold for like 10 years now and I don't really know how they'd improve upon it?  They can't really make the cheeks any more pronounced, otherwise the helmet would look too big.

Two ways... a new colour or a new print. I doubt it's a new mould. A new print is definitely required to capture the mohawk. I think the pearl dark grey looks fine as it is.

They have a bit of a record of making new, larger helmets recently however. Rarely for the better.

I can barely make anything out, but it looks about how I imagined from what little I can see.

Edited by The Stud

Not a bad looking set but I'm not sure I can justify purchasing it as the only parts I'd be interested in are the figs and maybe the swoop, the ballista and camp seem like a waste of parts to me personally - don't see much reason to have a ballista without a krayt dragon to shoot at, though a lego version of that would have to be huge. I hope beskar Mando won't be as expensive on Bricklink as the 332nd Trooper still is, given both are highly demanded figures in similarly priced sets

54 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

it's a new color, but I think the mold is the same.

1 hour ago, Kit Figsto said:

They did the same thing last year, we got one set for Force Friday and a small battle pack in January.  This set is arguably better than the AT-ST, because it's a new build, whereas the other one was basically just the Rogue One AT-ST with different colors and the leg design changed slightly.  Not saying it wasn't a really good set, because the design is fantastic, but it wasn't anything that new.  

Don't forget, possibly Leia which could either be Celebration Leia (which almost assuredly would be a new figure since they're not going to re-use a figure from like eight years ago) or the Leia that was previously exclusive to the Tantive IV, which is almost as good as a new figure, since that was a $200, somewhat rare set.  

I agree on both that set is better than the AT-ST raider and that leia could be a new variant or re-use of a rare one.

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

It’s either one of these I guess:

My money’s on the latter, but the former would be funnier :laugh:

Yeah, it's the latter. That one's also good to put around IG-11's neck to re-create the speeder scene from episode 8.

Set looks fine. The swoop, from what I can make out, looks fine. Maybe a little oversized but not that bad, and the design is good too. The ballista also seems a bit oversized though I'm not sure, I'll have to re-watch the episode. The "tent" is not a tent, which isn't really lego's fault, as I don't think that was meant to be a tent in the first place. The best part about this set is the figure selection, though. It's hard to make out detailing but beskar mando is at least using silver and not that dark gray they used earlier, so that's great. Baby yoda is probably the exact same as the other set, which is perfectly fine. The tusken miiiiight have a new torso print, but don't qoute me on that, I can barely see it.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

tusken miiiiight have a new torso print, but don't qoute me on that, I can barely see it.

I can barely see it either but I am 90% sure its the standard "current" one as seen in the two sets from this year's winter wave. Which is a shame as I think it looks incomplete without the rusty metal thing on its neck. Not sure if all tuskens had it though... need to rewatch the episode (and ANH... and AOTC)

The heck is going on with that tent though? I can't imagine what else from the episode its supposed to be. And if is meant to be the tent, well.... the designer must have come off a big weekend. 

It looks like there might just be one of the 6x6 quarter dish pieces for the base of it, though, so that's neat.

Edited by Redroe