MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Just now, ArrowBricks said:

75299 Encounter on Tatooine 276 pcs. 

The Child, Mando and a Tusken Raider are included alongside Mando’s swoop bike and a Tusken ‘tent’. 

Where is this info? The usual fella’s over on Instagram. 

Promobricks

This set is a major disappointed. Beskar Mando is neat but where's Cobb? Where's that molded Bantha everyone wants? This is a pass for me

Love the sound of this! :wub_drool: A cheap way to get the Child plus a new Mando. Even the vehicle choice is great along with the bag for the Child. You can have all the mains in one convenient place. I understand this may irk people who bought all the other Mando sets and expected a new character but I was afraid that general consumers would never be able to get an affordable way to get Baby Yoda.

Edited by Legocity2713

I mean, if Beskar Mando is the only exclusive figure, and given there’s no way they won’t make more Mandalorian sets in the future and inevitably reuse the minifigure, then it sounds to me like this set was just a last-minute ‘we need something to tie in with Season 2’. 
If nothing else it sounds like it’ll be a cheap way to get the two main characters. Cheaper than getting the AT-ST and the big buildable Child, or the Razorcrest.

7 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

Beskar armour mando and the child in a cheap set, and people still complaining? :iamded_lol:

I'd take Cobb Vanth over Beskar Mando any day of the week. This set is a disappointment on multiple fronts for some of us so yes, people can complain 

Wow, this description got me SO excited. 

The only thing I expected and wanted to get from this set was Beskar Mando - and there's also The Child?! Fantastic. 

Tusken Raider and all the builds will make for a nice display piece.

Honestly a bit surprised that the set was based on Ep I.  Minifigure selection is really good, getting The Child in a $30 set is fantastic.

Are you freaking kidding? THAT is what we're getting for $30?? How big is that swoop bike going to be?? Also, a Tusken raider and a "tent". If it was a molded Bantha then I would forgive it but for one new figure, 2 repeats, one of which is essentially a microfigure, a swoop bike and a tent, a campfire, and a ballista, $30 is ridiculous. At most that sounds like a $20 set. There BETTER be more Mandolorian sets coming becuase this is woefully inadequate. *sigh* Beskar Mando better not be a disappointment because that's the only good thing about the set. 

Edited by ToaDraco

I'm also disappointed :sad: Good for people who don't already have a copy of the Child figure, but we've had so many Tusken Raiders lately and Beskar Mando is still just a variant at the end of the day. I agree with @Guyon2002, Cobb Vanth is sorely missing here. So underwhelming

6 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I'm also disappointed :sad: Good for people who don't already have a copy of the Child figure, but we've had so many Tusken Raiders lately and Beskar Mando is still just a variant at the end of the day. I agree with @Guyon2002, Cobb Vanth is sorely missing here. So underwhelming

Ya if this set was Mando with the child on the swoop bike and Cobb Vanth with his Anakin's pod racer bike, that would've been perfect.

Edited by ToaDraco

1 hour ago, ArrowBricks said:

75299 Encounter on Tatooine 276 pcs. 

The Child, BESKAR Mando and a Tusken Raider are included alongside Mando’s swoop bike, a ballista and a Tusken ‘tent’. 

Where is this info? The usual fella’s over on Instagram via Promobricks. 

A ballista to shoot at what? The Mando? Are they not at the same side in this episode?

4 minutes ago, Anak said:

A ballista to shoot at what? The Mando? Are they not at the same side in this episode?

The (imaginary) Krayt dragon 

:laugh:

Edited by Lego-Freak

29 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

Are you freaking kidding? THAT is what we're getting for $30?? How big is that swoop bike going to be?? Also, a Tusken raider and a "tent". If it was a molded Bantha then I would forgive it but for one new figure, 2 repeats, one of which is essentially a microfigure, a swoop bike and a tent, a campfire, and a ballista, $30 is ridiculous. At most that sounds like a $20 set. There BETTER be more Mandolorian sets coming becuase this is woefully inadequate. *sigh* Beskar Mando better not be a disappointment because that's the only good thing about the set. 

Don’t forget the ballista ;) 

6 minutes ago, Anak said:

Maybe we will get a Krayt Dragon with Cobb Vanth’s speeder in the summer...

3 minutes ago, Anak said:

Didnt you see the latest trailer? It indicates more scenes from Tattoine where Mando attends a ralley because the liberal daugher of Jabba wants to make a ban of more than 5 rifles per household.

As a German native speaker I can state that not everything has been translated from promobricks: they also write what can be translated as the set name: "The Mandalorian gun ralley on Tattoine".
Presumably "the child" will have a different print with some ammunition belts and safety googles as the Episode (I believe chapter VI) will be dealing with Mando teaching baby Joda how to shoot. There will also be Rebel pilot helmets with the print: "make Mos Eisley great aegaiiin".  Also the tusken raider will probably the blaster-lobbyist Tusky Mac Bantha who fights for the rights of decent people to own their own Death Star.

38 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

Are you freaking kidding? THAT is what we're getting for $30?? How big is that swoop bike going to be??

Bigger than the typical LEGO speederbike, but smaller than Enfys' swoop speeder thing. 

Cobb Vanth is Boba Fett with red arms and legs, so not getting him doesn't bother me especially, and if the 'tent' is a brick-build along the lines of Yoda's or Obi Wan's hut (we need a hut set every January) then I'll be fairly satisfied. I will curse Lego for their clever marketing in making me buy a Child on ebay for silly money, before revealing one in an entry level set but hey, that's my own daft fault. I never expected to see the Child so readily available so well done to Lego for not cutting out a large portion of their audience.

No bantha, though. Sigh. This is the way.

(I've been building my Razor Crest moc this evening and I've got that sting you get from prizing plates apart after cutting your thumbnail too short. Agonizing).

Interesting news. The set (if the rumor is true) seems ok. Beskar Mando and the Child in a cheaper set is nice. The Tusken tent could be a great addition to the bantha from the micro fighter set. But I will wait for the second half of year and see if more sets are coming with Beskar Mando, which I might like more.
Having almost all the major characters outside the Razor Crest available makes it harder to justify the purchase of this more expensive Set. On the other hand, why collect Mando-Sets without the Crest ??

This is definitely in line with the push to make Lego Star Wars more affordable this wave, so I don't necessary dislike it - it's just a shame this is bound to have zero exclusive minifigures as soon as any other sets come out. Still, it's nice for the fans who don't already have the Child or Mando to get them in a cheap set, and I don't even know if LEGO would have been allowed to include Cobb Vanth due to spoilers.

Disappointed at the lack of Cobb Vanth, but its nice we're finally getting a Tusken Raider camp.