MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

2 hours ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

UCS DS is EOL. Almost sounds we get another one. I hope for a major overhaul with new parts and techniques.

Good call.  That makes a lot more sense than the Yavin base, which was my initial thinking (albeit wishful...).  I think if we did get an MBS Yavin, it'd probably be fall of 2022, since they seem to have a 2 year cycle on the MBS stuff.  The only other thing I thought of was maybe something similar in style to the 2006 DS II?  Honestly, I'm not sure though, part of the appeal of that one was that i thad the unfinished section, if it was DS I, it's basically just a giant ball, and I almost think people would rather have the playset version instead, as it'd be about the same size but have functionality.

36 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Honestly if literally any part of this scene shows up in a set i'll be happy.

We might be overthinking this. Last one was a ponda baba qoute, and soon after he and dr evazan leaked. My guess is Dodanna might be in the x-wing.

That was one thing I thought of too, but I had also thought that it was only Luke and R2-D2, so I guess we'll just have to see.  The DS re-re-release makes sense too, since that's been kind of a staple and is clearly something that sells well enough, considering he's been on the shelf for almost 13 years now.  

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

We might be overthinking this. Last one was a ponda baba qoute, and soon after he and dr evazan leaked. My guess is Dodanna might be in the x-wing.

This sounds like the most sensible option, actually. It would be cool to get him, I don't think he's had a figure yet has he?

Any news on new Mandalorian season 2 sets? I'm saving myself for a Mando in the full new armour. Otherwise the Razor Crest is so beautiful that I might loose for it

2 hours ago, StarLord said:

Any news on new Mandalorian season 2 sets? I'm saving myself for a Mando in the full new armour. Otherwise the Razor Crest is so beautiful that I might loose for it

We're getting one $30 set in February, but it's unclear if it's based on season 1 or season 2.

23 minutes ago, BigGuy4U said:

We're getting one $30 set in February, but it's unclear if it's based on season 1 or season 2.

I would assume season 2 though since in a previous catalogue it was hidden, if it was from season 1 they probs would've shown it off with the other sets. 

4 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

That was one thing I thought of too, but I had also thought that it was only Luke and R2-D2, so I guess we'll just have to see.  The DS re-re-release makes sense too, since that's been kind of a staple and is clearly something that sells well enough, considering he's been on the shelf for almost 13 years now.  

Death star re-release is possible, but I feel like the fall UCS this year has got to be the gunship, and the may one is usually like $200, so I can't see it coming that soon, hence why I think it's an x-wing figure.

3 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

This sounds like the most sensible option, actually. It would be cool to get him, I don't think he's had a figure yet has he?

he hasn't, which is why I think it might be him.

2 hours ago, StarLord said:

New set is probably from season 2 and is a "hero vehicle/transport"

Throwing Jan in the X-Wing would be a good way to draw out the collectors who already have the ship. Let’s see where this goes. 

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Death star re-release is possible, but I feel like the fall UCS this year has got to be the gunship, and the may one is usually like $200, so I can't see it coming that soon, hence why I think it's an x-wing figure.

he hasn't, which is why I think it might be him.

New set is probably from season 2 and is a "hero vehicle/transport"

$200 gunship, $500 DS sounds reasonable to me.

6 hours ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

$200 gunship, $500 DS sounds reasonable to me.

It's possible, I'm just not sold on LEGO turning out the gunship by may, and being able to keep a fan-vote UCS set at only $200.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It's possible, I'm just not sold on LEGO turning out the gunship by may, and being able to keep a fan-vote UCS set at only $200.

$200 gunship would probably be closer to the "minifig scale with higher level of detail" that most people seem to want/expect. I'm not trying to get anyone's hopes up, just speculating

12 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Throwing Jan in the X-Wing would be a good way to draw out the collectors who already have the ship. Let’s see where this goes. 

There’s a video in German breaking down the minifigs in the TIE and X Wing sets.  From the video they show Luke, R2, Leia and Jan with the X Wing and a Pilot, Stormtrooper and DS Droid in the TIE set.

32 minutes ago, Makin Bacon said:

$200 gunship would probably be closer to the "minifig scale with higher level of detail" that most people seem to want/expect. I'm not trying to get anyone's hopes up, just speculating

Yes, that's my concern. I'm thinking of buying a used 75021 Gunship, but don't know the best website to do that.

2 hours ago, Sarah_H7744 said:

Yes, that's my concern. I'm thinking of buying a used 75021 Gunship, but don't know the best website to do that.

I would wait till UCS set gets revealed ,but if you dont want to wait I prefer and recommend Bricklink always. If you filter to european union sellers and paying through paypal you have pretty good options with cheapest one being 235 euros/280 $/212 pounds from Germany. Just make sure you read description cause some sellers dont sell minifig or have bad/missing parts.

2 hours ago, Makin Bacon said:

I personally expect 200$-250$ set with at least 3 figures and hopefully none of them is yellow head jedi Bob. Probably pilot,regular clone and 1 cool figure like cody phase 2 or captain rex. (i know vehicle is based on episode 2,but lot of us voted for those 2 figures)

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It's possible, I'm just not sold on LEGO turning out the gunship by may

Well they did came up with the child and razor crest pretty fast.

2 hours ago, azanderk said:

There’s a video in German breaking down the minifigs in the TIE and X Wing sets.  From the video they show Luke, R2, Leia and Jan with the X Wing and a Pilot, Stormtrooper and DS Droid in the TIE set.

Cool.  TIE figures seemed to be what was expected after that DS Droid leak, if Jan is indeed included in the X-Wing that's a great move on LEGO's part, and gives us a fig that a lot of people have wanted for a while now.

3 hours ago, Makin Bacon said:

That's why I don't think it's that. I'm sure it'll be larger than minifigure scale.

3 hours ago, azanderk said:

Figures seem legit. 3 in a $40 set and 4 in a $50 aren't bad, but much better than 3 in an $80 or whatever the last tie and x-wing were. The death star droid leaked online too, so that checks out, and of course @Renown's qoute would imply dodanna.

3 hours ago, azanderk said:

Very interesting. Maybe I need to buy the two sets after all :-). And I wonder how many minifigs the imperial shuttle will include.

2 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

Cool.  TIE figures seemed to be what was expected after that DS Droid leak, if Jan is indeed included in the X-Wing that's a great move on LEGO's part, and gives us a fig that a lot of people have wanted for a while now.

Any news on whether Leia might in that case be in her Yavin celebration gear? The first version of her in that gear is crazy money on the aftermarket and a new version would go well with my medal-wearing Luke and Han.

Edited by Redroe

34 minutes ago, Redroe said:

Any news on whether Leia might in that case be in her Yavin celebration gear? The first version of her in that gear is crazy money on the aftermarket and a new version would go well with my medal-wearing Luke and Han.

A new celebration Leia would be great, but I bet they'll include the Leia with her new skirt piece. The Tantive is retiring this year so it would get them more use out of that minifigure. They probably know enough AFOLS would buy the X-Wing just for Dodanna.

General Dodonna? Ok, I'll take back what I said about this wave probably not having anything of interest in its minifig department :blush: I hope for some other neat surprises like that!

5 hours ago, Sarah_H7744 said:

The 7676 gunships is still really nice and worth a consideration. I have both the 7676 and the 75201 (and a moc based on the 7163). Sure, it's not as solidly built as 75021, nor does it have a handle, but it's definitely just as good detail wise and a fair chunk cheaper too. 

If TLG were to do a typical minifig sized RGS now, I'd imagine it being around the £140 mark/same price as the system scale atat. I'm struggling to see how they're going to make a ucs one for an extra £40 or so... I just can't see it. 

Edited by Fuppylodders

General Dodonna coming with the X-Wing is a pleasant surprise. Always great to get another Leia as well. An update of the celebration version would be good but I'd be happy with a re-release of the classic version as well.

The TIE Fighter line up is to be expected but I have no complaints. Its a good selection of characters for anyone wanting to buy multiples of these. Still I wouldn't mind if they got rid of the black hip joint for the Stormtrooper. It makes the current figures look outdated next to the First Order and Clone Troopers.

With Luke, Han and Leia all appearing in the X-Wing and Microfighter sets, I'm guessing its safe to assume the Shuttle will definitely be Imperial themed then?

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

A new celebration Leia would be great, but I bet they'll include the Leia with her new skirt piece. The Tantive is retiring this year so it would get them more use out of that minifigure. They probably know enough AFOLS would buy the X-Wing just for Dodanna.

I selfishly hope they include a different Leia than the Tantive version, but with their recent recycling of the battle-worn Anakin and Obi-Won, I think we will see a recycle.

1 hour ago, Fuppylodders said:

The 7676 gunships is still really nice and worth a consideration. I have both the 7676 and the 75201 (and a moc based on the 7163). Sure, it's not as solidly built as 75021, nor does it have a handle, but it's definitely just as good detail wise and a fair chunk cheaper too. 

If TLG were to do a typical minifig sized RGS now, I'd imagine it being around the £140 mark/same price as the system scale atat. I'm struggling to see how they're going to make a ucs one for an extra £40 or so... I just can't see it. 

Did you design the MOC Gunship yourself?
I'm relatively new to Star Wars Lego & I've been looking at the MOCS on here, also YouTube. 

4 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

I would wait till UCS set gets revealed ,but if you dont want to wait I prefer and recommend Bricklink always. If you filter to european union sellers and paying through paypal you have pretty good options with cheapest one being 235 euros/280 $/212 pounds from Germany. Just make sure you read description cause some sellers dont sell minifig or have bad/missing parts.

I think I can wait, the Republic Gunship has become my "Must have" set.

Thanks for the advice with Bricklink, I appreciate it. :classic:

1 hour ago, wesker said:

The TIE Fighter line up is to be expected but I have no complaints. Its a good selection of characters for anyone wanting to buy multiples of these.

It is also good for those who start with Lego Star Wars, or come back to it after a long time. It is pretty much what you want from an Imperial Tie. Perhaps another crewman would be nice... 

I for one hope the Tie pilot is special, e.g. Squadron's based, but that seems unlikely. Also, a new Imperial Tie pilot helmet mould would be cool, but again unlikely, to say the least.