MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Luckily enough for me I've seen it but c'mon people, spoiler tags exist for a reason.

10 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

As much as I wish it would happen, I think the ITT is locked in unless there's another hero transport that can be done at $30. Mando's speeder isn't really a "transport" so to speak, and the sandcrawler could definitely not be done at $30.

I don't know, I mean you could say that a speeder transports it's rider and Lego set codenames aren't always the most logical things. And not to be pedantic but a sand crawler could be done for 30 but I'm not so sure that it should.

That said, I'd quite like an ITT so I wouldn't complain if that was what we end up getting, though I do think I'd prefer a slightly larger one that how big I'd imagine one at this part count and price range, then again the rogue one hovertank was around that price range and that was a great set.

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

If the piece count is hardly enough for a decent ITT in your estimation, how in the world would it be enough for that boat? :tongue:

In essence, I think the boat would effectively be the ITT without a roof. Its shape could be more easily achieved with large plates or panels, whereas the ITT would require more pieces to have the roof and an interior, as well as the troop compartments on the side. It's pure speculation of course - I'd be happy to be proved wrong!

Didn't someone say that the "transport" isn't necessarily indicative of anything, since we've also seen a code name that was just "hero vehicle" or something?  Like, I agree that an ITT makes sense at that price point, especially since they seem to be prioritizing accessible pricing on this wave, but I don't know if we're necessarily limited to just that.  

And FWIW, I don't think that anything from Episode 9 really screamed "$30 set" to me.  Even if they did the pair of speeders, that's like a $20 set maximum, I know that they've been jacking up the prices but there's no way you can justifiably make that a $30 set.

9 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

Didn't someone say that the "transport" isn't necessarily indicative of anything, since we've also seen a code name that was just "hero vehicle" or something?  Like, I agree that an ITT makes sense at that price point, especially since they seem to be prioritizing accessible pricing on this wave, but I don't know if we're necessarily limited to just that.  

Hide contents

And FWIW, I don't think that anything from Episode 9 really screamed "$30 set" to me.  Even if they did the pair of speeders, that's like a $20 set maximum, I know that they've been jacking up the prices but there's no way you can justifiably make that a $30 set.

The Solo set with Enfys would beg to differ

So there’s a leaked Christmas keychain with a ‘Christmas sweater Stormtrooper’ and . . it’s weird? Have they ever done a keychain like that with an exclusive print? Could that be coming in a future set? I can’t imagine what besides an Advent Calendar would have a Christmas figure like that (do want one though.)

@Fenghuang0296: Wasn’t there an exclusive Batman keychain like that once? Can’t really remember :sceptic:

Speaking of leaks: A somewhat new 2021 minifig has leaked, namely a black protocol droid similar to the one included in the 2016 Death Star set, just with more colourful wirings visible :shrug_oh_well: Not too exciting, but with this wave we probably have to count our blessings minifig-wise :tongue:

11 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

From what we've seen, I reckon it'll be either the ITT or the boat thing from the trailer. I think I'd prefer the boat, since a) it's something a bit different and b) I'm not sure an extra 100 or so pieces would be enough to elevate the ITT to a decent build. Either would be good though.

For me I'm gonna go with the ITT just for the figures, as I really want a new Cara and/or S2 Greef, and while the ITT probably won't be done justice this small (I made one I thought was pretty small and it was still like 400 parts), the boat doesn't seem that interesting.

14 hours ago, STARHAWK said:

Brickbuild at a small model has always its limitations. I cant imagine a better rancor with brickbuild than we received in Jabbas Palace.

Spoiler

And this set would get the most out of 30eur with 2 mando armors, Baby Yoda and a Bantha with a Tusken - easy multiple buys - but im afraid that they cant think that way anymore.

BTW it still can be that V-35 (or similar model) which was used by the people of Mos Pelgo to get to the Krayt Dragon lair - it was only seen in the distance.

If its the ITT, then i hope for a proper Cara with new hair piece and arm print tatoo and correct skin tone.

I agree that the rancor wouldn't work as well brick-built, but that's a much more complex and humanoid shape. A bantha could work pretty well brick-built, I'll probably do a moc of one soon. The microfighter one was pretty good, anyway.

(also make sure to use spoilers when talking about more spoilery things, it's only been like a day and there are definitely some plot spoilers there :hmpf_bad:)

Ironically Cara's hair is different this season based on the funko pop and some images, and I think the S1 hairpiece actually works now. I agree we need the correct skin tone though, and an arm print tatoo would be nice. The current cara figure really failed in terms of looking like Gina Carano, even if the skin tone was right the print looks too old and doesn't really resemble her.

11 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

@Fenghuang0296: Wasn’t there an exclusive Batman keychain like that once? Can’t really remember :sceptic:

Speaking of leaks: A somewhat new 2021 minifig has leaked, namely a black protocol droid similar to the one included in the 2016 Death Star set, just with more colourful wirings visible :shrug_oh_well: Not too exciting, but with this wave we probably have to count our blessings minifig-wise :tongue:

Where is this? Instagram won't show recent # posts for me :damn:

I'm guessing it'd be in the TIE. Like you say, not the most exciting thing, but at least it's a new figure. At any rate, I can use it to represent AP-5.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Yeah, Kiss Kiss Tuxedo Batman for The Lego Batman Movie back in 2017. Never released in minifig form as far as I'm aware.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Where is this? Instagram won't show recent # posts for me :damn:

The same is true for me but I am able to see them if I look up the usual tag at https://www.picuki.com/.

2 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

So there’s a leaked Christmas keychain with a ‘Christmas sweater Stormtrooper’ and . . it’s weird? Have they ever done a keychain like that with an exclusive print? Could that be coming in a future set? I can’t imagine what besides an Advent Calendar would have a Christmas figure like that (do want one though.)

Are these recent or even legit? The Stormtrooper and Vader helmets look to be the old molds.

46 minutes ago, lomis said:

Are these recent or even legit? The Stormtrooper and Vader helmets look to be the old molds.

Is it those key lights?  Because I do actually remember seeing a pic of those in like August, I think they were apparently real.  

I was able to find the protocol droid, looks pretty good!  Nothing too crazy, but it's a new figure and hopefully a cheaper way to get a Death Star Droid.  Could also probably be used for Zero from The Mandalorian or AP-5 like @Mandalorianknight suggested.  If the TIE does have 3 figures as leaks suggested, that makes sense, unless either it's in the Mando set and we haven't seen this droid yet, or maybe in the Imperial Shuttle?  The TIE would probably make the most sense to me, as they could include some sort of docking ladder and have the droid as part of the service crew, since I doubt they use a figure slot from the Mandalorian set up on a droid, and I feel like the shuttle lends itself to having more named characters as well (Either a la Imperial Inspection, or with the Tyderium crew).

Edited by Kit Figsto

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

(also make sure to use spoilers when talking about more spoilery things, it's only been like a day and there are definitely some plot spoilers there :hmpf_bad:)

The first few days after release are a must but especially considering Lucasfilm themselves is posting 'spoilers' as of today and people have had the entire weekend to watch it we should be good now 

Aside from the colored wires it looks identical to the 2016 version. Not the most exciting figure but at least its more affordable this time for anyone who missed out on the last.

1 hour ago, Kit Figsto said:

I feel like the shuttle lends itself to having more named characters as well (Either a la Imperial Inspection, or with the Tyderium crew).

With Vader and Palpatine still available in the Final Duel set I'm kind of hoping the shuttle comes with the Tyderium crew, especially if it includes Endor Luke this time.

3 hours ago, wesker said:

Aside from the colored wires it looks identical to the 2016 version. Not the most exciting figure but at least its more affordable this time for anyone who missed out on the last.

With Vader and Palpatine still available in the Final Duel set I'm kind of hoping the shuttle comes with the Tyderium crew, especially if it includes Endor Luke this time.

This is a tough one for me. On the one hand, vader, palpatine, and the royal guards are all available in the same set right now (and most people have them already anyway), and the tyderium crew is much harder to find.

On the other hand, something about that crew being included just feels so right. Imperial inspection is one of those sets I'd stare at in the visual dictionary as a kid, it was a great design for the time, had side builds that enhanced playability by so much, and a generous figure count with a large amount of basic troops and officers that really made it feel like an empire. it just feels right for the first shuttle in this new style to be the same as the famous imperial inspection set. And hey, we don't know how the figure count will be affected by the new price and haven't seen the side builds, so maybe it could have a similar figure count and side builds to the old set.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Do folks think 75303 will be the UCS Republic Gunship, or something new?  Or, perhaps more concretely, is there any evidence that 75303 might be the Gunship?

1 hour ago, RogueTwo said:

Do folks think 75303 will be the UCS Republic Gunship, or something new?  Or, perhaps more concretely, is there any evidence that 75303 might be the Gunship?

Nothing official, and no credible rumours on what 75303 will be that I have seen.  That it will be the Spring UCS set seems pretty certain according to the regular sources, but nothing beyond that.

Of course, I stand to be corrected.

Cheers :)

While not as big as the episode that kicked off Season 2 the second episode was still awesome in it's own right! As far as LEGO goes there's not really anything setworthy though, the only thing that would make sense as a set is something I highly doubt will sell well (what I'm referring to is obvious once you've seen the episode :wink: ). 

Includes mandalorian spoilers.

Spoiler

Filler episode,there are a lot of The Child scenes for memes and gifs but nothing really happened,story is where it was in season 1,still enjoyed it but when we have only 8 episodes and we need to wait week for it its kinda disappointing . We still see the speeder from first episode and from poster of season 2 which some people me included thought will be in the set,but it gets destroyed. Nothing else really to make set out of that has anything to do with vehicle of any kind.

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

While not as big as the episode that kicked off Season 2 the second episode was still awesome in it's own right! As far as LEGO goes there's not really anything setworthy though, the only thing that would make sense as a set is something I highly doubt will sell well (what I'm referring to is obvious once you've seen the episode :wink: ). 

SPOILER

Spoiler

I'd take a ruined Razor Crest as "hero transport" for 30 bucks ^^

Spoiler

Neat episode, solid if unspectacular. The X-wings did make me wonder if there's a possibility they could throw in a figure from this episode as a small tie-in - the idea of a Dave Filoni figure is quite funny to me, especially as he was supposedly reluctant to have those little cameos.

As for the weekly Mando transport debate - they could easily have the speeder, some bandits and the trap they set at the beginning of the episode in a $30 set. That said I think they'll go for something a bit more meaningful to the story. The search goes on...

9 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Spoiler

A UCS doctor mandible?

It's a good episode, I find it funny that it was directed by Peyton Reed given the other major thing he directed.

absolutely nothing in this one that could be a set though, as much as I'd like

Spoiler

those terrifying Krykna spiders or something

side note: baby yoda murdering children is played for laughs?!?!?! (just kidding, it was hilarious)

40 minutes ago, Renown said:

"Then man your ships, and may the Force be with you." 

Well, I certainly like what happened LAST time you dropped an ANH quote in the thread without any context, so I can only imagine what this means...

That was General Dodonna's line if I remember right, but I have no idea what this could be referring to.  The spring UCS usually isn't playset-based, and that would seem odd after we just got a $350 MBS Cantina, so I'm definitely intrigued as to what could be coming...

10 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

Well, I certainly like what happened LAST time you dropped an ANH quote in the thread without any context, so I can only imagine what this means...

That was General Dodonna's line if I remember right, but I have no idea what this could be referring to.  The spring UCS usually isn't playset-based, and that would seem odd after we just got a $350 MBS Cantina, so I'm definitely intrigued as to what could be coming...

UCS DS is EOL. Almost sounds we get another one. I hope for a major overhaul with new parts and techniques.

37 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

It was indeed Dodonna. My first thought was the Masasi Temple but I don't want to get my hopes up, I would so dearly love for that to be made. I'd be surprised if they released another Death Star so soon after retiring the playset one, but then again... I really wouldn't.

Edited by TeddytheSpoon

3 hours ago, Renown said:

"Then man your ships, and may the Force be with you." 

Honestly if literally any part of this scene shows up in a set i'll be happy.

2 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

We might be overthinking this. Last one was a ponda baba qoute, and soon after he and dr evazan leaked. My guess is Dodanna might be in the x-wing.