MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Being the grumpy bugger that I usually am about spoilers, I'm about to watch it in a few hours... I gotta say, thanks for being respectful/mindful :thumbup:. I'm usually the first to complain, so I want to make a change, be positive, and also say thanks :) 

10 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Episode 1 of season 2 was a solid 10/10 for me, one of the best episodes in the entire series so far. Really hope LEGO finds a way to give us one or two sets based on this episode in the future! :excited:

I think it was the best episode so far by quite a lot. I can think of a few sets for it:

Spoiler

Speeder bikes ($24.99): Mando and Cobb Vanth's speeders, comes with mando, Cobb Vanth, and the child.

Tusken battle pack ($14.99): 4x tusken raiders (2 different designs) and a buildible bantha, maybe a campfire build if there's enough space left over.

Unfortunately I think the Krayt dragon won't work as a set, and there's no real way to throw in boba fett yet. I do think Vanth is likely, because (just speculation based on the trailer but I'll do this anyway)

Spoiler

There's a shot of the mando riding into the desert with boba's armor, but it's not in the episode. I think he'll do a similar thing with Vanth that he did with Cara and Kuill, gathering them for the finale, and that he's giving Cobb his armor back for it. If he's got a larger role, then his figure is almost guaranteed.

Cobb's speeder just lends itself so well to a smaller set, and I really think a Tusken Raider BP could be likely as well.

8 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

If that set is what I think you're suggesting I'd buy it for sure. 

Reveal hidden contents

Mando's speeder and Vanth's Anakin's-podracer speeder with figures of Mando (beskar armor), The Child, Cobb Vanth and maybe a Tusken to add a bit more value

That would be a really cool set, but doesn't fit the whole "transport" thing.

5 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

Solid start to Mando S2, lots of really cool moments. To be honest I think we'll be doing the "what if that's the vehicle from 75299??" thing every episode. :laugh:

Hide contents

The two speeders would definitely be great though. The episode was full of them but the pod-speeder is such a cool easter egg!

75299 is clearly a GNK droid wearing a mandalorian helmet. (If anyone is somehow unable to figure this out, that's not a mando S2 spoiler.) :laugh:

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Episode was great.
I think the hero vehicle is 

Spoiler

2 speeders with Marshal,Mandalorian in Beskar and The Child with possibility of villager,sand people or jawa being included. Would be also cool to get single molded Bantha in the future set and/or maybe in that one. Set would be similar to 30$ set from solo movie 75215: Cloud-Rider Swoop Bikes.

Spoiler

From watching the episode, likely the set will include Beskar Mando, fake Boba, a tusken and the two speeders. And of course a partly molded, partly brick built dragon and the child and Boba Fett and Moff Gideon and 6 death troopers and an MTT and starkiller base and the planet of naboo and Ashoka Tanos cousin in law's barber with her scissors-lightsaber.

For real, I just hope for a good Beskar Mando but as likely no arm printing and no new helmet I dont know so much.. I just hope they renew the helmet somehow! slight prints could be better already. Please TLG dont make me order stuff from 3rd party costumers.

Edited by MKJoshA
Please use spoilers for Mando discussion

13 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

The new code name is „hero transport“ though, so I think it has to be something else (my money‘s on the ITT). :shrug_oh_well:

I'd rather have an ITT with Moff Gideon and some Imperial troops than one with Mando and his mates.

A set with the two speeders in S2E1, their riders and hopefully the Child and/or a Tusken would be great.

Edited by TeufelHund

On 10/23/2020 at 12:52 AM, Brikkyy13 said:

This is literally the only reason for why the Jawas are grey in The Mandalorian. It’s also why the Millennium Falcon was white in Solo and why the stormtroopers were red in Episode 9. In Disney’s eyes, Star Wars is about making money first (mostly from toys), and everything else second. Sad but true, the mandalorian really is the first Disney era project to put story telling first. The fact that John Favreau had to fight to keep baby yoda off the shelves until this year is proof. 

Star Wars has been about toy money since Kenner hit it big in 1978 with their line.  This is not something you can pin on Disney. lol.

We're one episode into the new season. It's a bit early to start speculating on what the Mandalorian set will be. Keep in mind, the first Mandalorian set was based on a scene from episode 4. There's no reason to assume the mysterious 2021 set has to be from episode 1.

Personally, I don't think there was anything in episode 1 that would make a great set. Cobb's speeder is okay, but I hope Lego has something more interesting in the works. 

Hadn't the Mandalorian in Beskar armor minifig already been leaked, last week? Or was that a fake? :blush:
I actually kinda hope it is a fake, 'cause even though it looked significantly different from the current Mandalorian minifig, it the beskar looked too dark on it, in my opinion.

I agree on the sentiments of what the possible Mandalorian Hero Vehicle will be, and I really hope it contains that other guy's as well :wub: 

Regards,
Mitch

Edited by CF Mitch

2 hours ago, CF Mitch said:

Hadn't the Mandalorian in Beskar armor minifig already been leaked, last week? Or was that a fake? :blush:
I actually kinda hope it is a fake, 'cause even though it looked significantly different from the current Mandalorian minifig, it the beskar looked too dark on it, in my opinion.

I agree on the sentiments of what the possible Mandalorian Hero Vehicle will be, and I really hope it contains that other guy's as well :wub: 

Regards,
Mitch

That was a fake. :classic:

22 hours ago, wooten said:

Star Wars has been about toy money since Kenner hit it big in 1978 with their line.  This is not something you can pin on Disney. lol.

Myself and others have already addressed this argument when I first made the comment a few pages back. 

Its really depressing to watch all these new items and merchandise for Mando Mondays and then realizing we will only get a small 30$ set and all these other companies are going all out. And i really hope LEGO doesnt cheap out and make same mando from At-St Raider and Razor Crest for that set too. As we already said Star Wars is about toy money and i am really confident that Mando will get new armor or color of armor and other upgrades as his character progresses so not getting beskar armor would be just terrible.

1 hour ago, PreVizsla said:

Its really depressing to watch all these new items and merchandise for Mando Mondays and then realizing we will only get a small 30$ set and all these other companies are going all out. And i really hope LEGO doesnt cheap out and make same mando from At-St Raider and Razor Crest for that set too. As we already said Star Wars is about toy money and i am really confident that Mando will get new armor or color of armor and other upgrades as his character progresses so not getting beskar armor would be just terrible.

Yes, I completely agree. I already have the Razor Crest, AT-ST Raider & Mandalorian Battle Pack (75267), so I'm very disappointed at such a small Mandalorian set for 2021.

I'm hoping that it will be something very cool though, such as a new type of starfighter for Ahsoka. It would also need to include a Beskar armoured Din Djarin minifig. :classic:

22 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

That was a fake. :classic:

Thank God, haha!
Now here's hoping the Mandalorian that comes with the new set will have a shiny-looking beskar armor :tongue: 

Regards,
Mitch

On 10/30/2020 at 4:32 PM, PreVizsla said:

Episode was great.
I think the hero vehicle is 

Reveal hidden contents

2 speeders with Marshal,Mandalorian in Beskar and The Child with possibility of villager,sand people or jawa being included. Would be also cool to get single molded Bantha in the future set and/or maybe in that one. Set would be similar to 30$ set from solo movie 75215: Cloud-Rider Swoop Bikes.

I wish it was, but if it is a "hero transport", I think the ITT the heroes take over in the trailer is more likely.

On 10/31/2020 at 6:58 AM, CF Mitch said:

Yeah they literally just took the current figure and photoshopped the color to dark gray. Didn't even change the design and kept the bandoliar in, too.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I wish it was, but if it is a "hero transport", I think the ITT the heroes take over in the trailer is more likely.

Yeah they literally just took the current figure and photoshopped the color to dark gray. Didn't even change the design and kept the bandoliar in, too.

Oh dear, I think the part count is a bit low for that vehicle. I'm new to SWL so I could well be wrong.

At least we should get a Mythrol minifig with that set.

59 minutes ago, Sarah_H7744 said:

Oh dear, I think the part count is a bit low for that vehicle. I'm new to SWL so I could well be wrong.

We already got 1 in 75078 ITT battle pack and it had only 141 pieces of which 28 were figures and stud shooters. I am pretty sure they can do it with double amount of pieces. It can be so many other things too considering Mando rides in sandcrawler and ITT during trailer,speeder is on poster and its maybe something that we didnt see at all and it will be some nieche thing in a filler episode like AT-ST raider was.

On 10/30/2020 at 10:57 AM, Guyon2002 said:

If that set is what I think you're suggesting I'd buy it for sure. 

Hide contents

Mando's speeder and Vanth's Anakin's-podracer speeder with figures of Mando (beskar armor), The Child, Cobb Vanth and maybe a Tusken to add a bit more value

that would be an insta buy for me, give it a new Bantha mold which is long overdue and ill buy it multiple times

3 hours ago, Sarah_H7744 said:

At least we should get a Mythrol minifig with that set.

As @PreVizsla says, we had a sorry excuse for an imperial troop transport in a 2015 battle pack. It could probably be done at 276 pieces, but it won't be all that big and probably will only have room for 1-2 figures inside. 
I do hope we get a mythrol in it, maybe with a new head mold? Greef has a new outfit in the posters too, but as long as we get a new beskar mando I'll be happy.

2 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

We already got 1 in 75078 ITT battle pack and it had only 141 pieces of which 28 were figures and stud shooters. I am pretty sure they can do it with double amount of pieces. It can be so many other things too considering Mando rides in sandcrawler and ITT during trailer,speeder is on poster and its maybe something that we didnt see at all and it will be some nieche thing in a filler episode like AT-ST raider was.

As much as I wish it would happen, I think the ITT is locked in unless there's another hero transport that can be done at $30. Mando's speeder isn't really a "transport" so to speak, and the sandcrawler could definitely not be done at $30.

42 minutes ago, STARHAWK said:

that would be an insta buy for me, give it a new Bantha mold which is long overdue and ill buy it multiple times

or a brick-built bantha. Tusken raider battle pack when?

I'm sorry at first if this is not the best thread to post this great news!

Please let me know if there is a better place to post this news.

SDCC Exclusive set Nebulon-B Frigate is available now at US LEGOLAND Discovery Center for $40.

Black Widow and Harry Potter MBM are also available.

If you like, you can check out this video for more details too.

The Legoland Discovery Center in Atlanta reportedly had 10 copies and sold out in about an hour this morning. No idea whether that’s representative of the rest of the country. But the set is supposedly going to be available online later this month, although nobody seems to know the specific date.

1 hour ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

The Legoland Discovery Center in Atlanta reportedly had 10 copies and sold out in about an hour this morning. No idea whether that’s representative of the rest of the country. But the set is supposedly going to be available online later this month, although nobody seems to know the specific date.

Great to know that, educated!

6 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

As @PreVizsla says, we had a sorry excuse for an imperial troop transport in a 2015 battle pack. It could probably be done at 276 pieces, but it won't be all that big and probably will only have room for 1-2 figures inside. 
I do hope we get a mythrol in it, maybe with a new head mold? Greef has a new outfit in the posters too, but as long as we get a new beskar mando I'll be happy.

As much as I wish it would happen, I think the ITT is locked in unless there's another hero transport that can be done at $30. Mando's speeder isn't really a "transport" so to speak, and the sandcrawler could definitely not be done at $30.

or a brick-built bantha. Tusken raider battle pack when?

Brickbuild at a small model has always its limitations. I cant imagine a better rancor with brickbuild than we received in Jabbas Palace. And this set would get the most out of 30eur with 2 mando armors, Baby Yoda and a Bantha with a Tusken - easy multiple buys - but im afraid that they cant think that way anymore.

BTW it still can be that V-35 (or similar model) which was used by the people of Mos Pelgo to get to the Krayt Dragon lair - it was only seen in the distance.

If its the ITT, then i hope for a proper Cara with new hair piece and arm print tatoo and correct skin tone.

9 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

From what we've seen, I reckon it'll be either the ITT or the boat thing from the trailer. I think I'd prefer the boat, since a) it's something a bit different and b) I'm not sure an extra 100 or so pieces would be enough to elevate the ITT to a decent build. Either would be good though.

53 minutes ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

From what we've seen, I reckon it'll be either the ITT or the boat thing from the trailer. I think I'd prefer the boat, since a) it's something a bit different and b) I'm not sure an extra 100 or so pieces would be enough to elevate the ITT to a decent build. Either would be good though.

If the piece count is hardly enough for a decent ITT in your estimation, how in the world would it be enough for that boat? :tongue: