MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

4 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

I'm a fan of the new "affordable-scale" models, especially the X-Wing.  That will be a day-one buy for me.  I still maintain that the 2013 UCS X-Wing was a massive disappointment, and since I unfortunately no longer have my 2018 version (long story...) this new one is a no-brainer.  I just hope it's available January 1 in this country.  :ugh:

Yeah the new X-Wing is great. I'm really appreciating the scaled down look the more I see it. I wouldn't mind seeing the ST version eventually redone at this scale as that one could really use a downsize.

Still curious how the wing mechanism is going to work this time. Would be great if they found a way to do it without relying on the use of rubber bands. Hopefully they can also correct the markings on the wings in the final product.

35 minutes ago, wesker said:

Yeah the new X-Wing is great. I'm really appreciating the scaled down look the more I see it. I wouldn't mind seeing the ST version eventually redone at this scale as that one could really use a downsize.

Still curious how the wing mechanism is going to work this time. Would be great if they found a way to do it without relying on the use of rubber bands. Hopefully they can also correct the markings on the wings in the final product.

If you're looking for a downsize, there's a 4+ version coming :laugh:.

I would get this one, but I've got the 2018 one and the 1999 one and 3 red squadron x-wings seems like overkill.

6 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

I'm a fan of the new "affordable-scale" models, especially the X-Wing.  That will be a day-one buy for me.

I'm definitely looking forward to it also. Partially because I don't have the 2018 X-Wing but also the more I see the more recent X-Wings next to say the 2017 Y-Wing, the X-Wings look enormous. Or maybe the Y-Wing is just too small. :shrug_oh_well:

13 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I would get this one, but I've got the 2018 one and the 1999 one and 3 red squadron x-wings seems like overkill.

I was thinking of picking this up and swapping it to blue or phoenix squadron given its a bit easier on the wallet. Unless there are any printed details in there it shouldn't be too hard to colour swap parts, and realistically any OT x-wing is going to be from red squadron.

1 hour ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

I was thinking of picking this up and swapping it to blue or phoenix squadron given its a bit easier on the wallet. Unless there are any printed details in there it shouldn't be too hard to colour swap parts, and realistically any OT x-wing is going to be from red squadron.

I just meant overkill for me to have that many, of course any OT x-wing they release will be red squadron and 1 every 3 years or so makes sense to me.

Although that's not a bad idea, it'd be pretty cool to see it converted to starbird or vanguard squadron. As for printed parts, the only thing I can think of is the red five marking tile, which wouldn't really impact the design if you removed it. There might also be some on the fuselage but again, nothing you couldn't replace with unprinted tiles without sacrificing much of the look.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

3 hours ago, Asajki said:

Looking forward to them! Hoping the 4+ Resistance x wing comes with a new pilot helmet ?

Why? The Resistance helmets are excellent.

I'm not getting my hopes up for the Resistance pilot being anyone other than Poe or Snap. 4+ sets just seem like the type to only stick with the safe minifigure choices.

Hopefully Luke's X-Wing will at least include an additional pilot like in previous years. Red Leader would be nice as we've never gotten him before but I would also be okay with another Biggs with a printed visor this time since the dual molded helmets have been dropped.

7 hours ago, wesker said:

I'm not getting my hopes up for the Resistance pilot being anyone other than Poe or Snap. 4+ sets just seem like the type to only stick with the safe minifigure choices.

Agreed. So far, none of the 4+ sets included any new (or even uncommon) minifigs :shrug_confused: It‘s probably just Poe, BB-8 and a FO Stormie

7 hours ago, wesker said:

Red Leader would be nice as we've never gotten him before [...]

That‘s also what I‘m hoping for :classic: Kind of sad that this might be the only new minifig in the entire lackluster wave (minus the Mando set maybe, but we‘ll see about that).

50 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Agreed. So far, none of the 4+ sets included any new (or even uncommon) minifigs :shrug_confused: It‘s probably just Poe, BB-8 and a FO Stormie

The Rebel Fleet Trooper reappeared in the 4+ TIE Fighter after not being in any sets for a good 6 years, I'd say that counts as uncommon :wink:

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

The Rebel Fleet Trooper reappeared in the 4+ TIE Fighter after not being in any sets for a good 6 years, I'd say that counts as uncommon :wink:

Depends on how you define ‚uncommon‘ :tongue: The same minifig also appeared in the Tantive IV and the 2019 Advent Calendar :shrug_oh_well:

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Depends on how you define ‚uncommon‘ :tongue: The same minifig also appeared in the Tantive IV and the 2019 Advent Calendar :shrug_oh_well:

True but those 2 sets came out after the 4+ TIE Fighter. Looking back it didn't end up being that uncommon but when it came out it definetely was :grin:

8 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

That‘s also what I‘m hoping for :classic: Kind of sad that this might be the only new minifig in the entire lackluster wave (minus the Mando set maybe, but we‘ll see about that).

It's the blue/grey x-wing, so either it'll be a new pilot, snap, or poe in his jacket, which we've only had once before (and while the jacket torso is pretty common on finn, the undershirt is very different). 

I could see them throwing a new or uncommon figure into each of the affordable scale sets to make them more desirable. The thing is, we don't know what impact the changed size and price will have on figures. The x-wing might only come with luke and artoo, it might have 4 figures (which would be pretty good for a $50 starfighter). The lambda could just have the pilots and vader or something, or it could have like 7 figures. 

7 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

True but those 2 sets came out after the 4+ TIE Fighter. Looking back it didn't end up being that uncommon but when it came out it definetely was :grin:

Yeah, when it came out it was the only way to get that figure.

That said, I think it's most likely we get Poe (Jacket), BB-8, and a first order flametrooper.

18 hours ago, Paul11283652 said:

Why? The Resistance helmets are excellent.

17 hours ago, Makin Bacon said:

I think he just meant a new print

Yeah I do 

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

That said, I think it's most likely we get Poe (Jacket), BB-8, and a first order flametrooper.

So basically the same ones as in the 2016 X-Wing, minus Lor San Tekka :shrug_oh_well: Sounds about right. 

Speaking of minifigs: I wonder when the factory leaks will finally start. I’m itching for some juicy news! So far we’ve had one each for Marvel, Harry Potter, and Ninjago, but nada for Star Wars. Or maybe there simply is nothing to leak with all the expected repeats :tongue:

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

So basically the same ones as in the 2016 X-Wing, minus Lor San Tekka :shrug_oh_well: Sounds about right. 

Speaking of minifigs: I wonder when the factory leaks will finally start. I’m itching for some juicy news! So far we’ve had one each for Marvel, Harry Potter, and Ninjago, but nada for Star Wars. Or maybe there simply is nothing to leak with all the expected repeats :tongue:

I mean for $20, it wouldn't be bad.

I'm sure factory leaks will start soon. However, instagram is hiding all recent posts on all hashtags now, so I won't be able to see them :damn:.

Episode 1 of season 2 was a solid 10/10 for me, one of the best episodes in the entire series so far. Really hope LEGO finds a way to give us one or two sets based on this episode in the future! :excited:

Can‘t wait to watch it in an hour or so :excited: It feels so good to be able to watch new episodes at the same time as everyone else. Last year’s situation was so painful, especially since the two biggest spoilers of S1 were immediately all over the internet :distressed:

Edit: The buildable Child figure is now available and so is the Carbonite Han key chain, two days early :thumbup: 

Edited by Lego-Freak

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Episode 1 of season 2 was a solid 10/10 for me, one of the best episodes in the entire series so far. Really hope LEGO finds a way to give us one or two sets based on this episode in the future! :excited:

Agreed. 

Spoiler

Although the sets I could see happening are buildings and the ‘antagonist.’ I wouldn’t think the hero vehicle 75299 will from this episode.

Man oh man am I insanely hyped after watching episode 1 of season 2!! I'm so happy to see one of my all-time favorite Star Wars characters make a comeback! Also, I really hope the "hero vehicle" set we're getting comes from this episode because there's definitely a cool vehicle in this that would fit the price point and would be amazing, especially with the figures that could be included! 

6 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

Also, I really hope the "hero vehicle" set we're getting comes from this episode because there's definitely a cool vehicle in this that would fit the price point and would be amazing, especially with the figures that could be included! 

If that set is what I think you're suggesting I'd buy it for sure. 

Spoiler

Mando's speeder and Vanth's Anakin's-podracer speeder with figures of Mando (beskar armor), The Child, Cobb Vanth and maybe a Tusken to add a bit more value

1 hour ago, ToaDraco said:

Also, I really hope the "hero vehicle" set we're getting comes from this episode [...]

The new code name is „hero transport“ though, so I think it has to be something else (my money‘s on the ITT). :shrug_oh_well:

The new episode was amazing, what a way to kick off the season! :wub: Might even be my favourite so far

Thank you guys for keeping things spoiler free. Try to wait a few days to allow everyone a chance to watch the episode before talking about details.

Solid start to Mando S2, lots of really cool moments. To be honest I think we'll be doing the "what if that's the vehicle from 75299??" thing every episode. :laugh:

Spoiler

The two speeders would definitely be great though. The episode was full of them but the pod-speeder is such a cool easter egg!