MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Aww, that tauntaun looks cute. I already have all those 3 ships, so I'm not sure if I'll buy these new, smaller versions. On the other hand, you can't have enough TIE fighters, right?

9 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

There are a lot of possibilities most of them fall down if we only get 3 figures cause 1-2 have to be pilot/s,do we know the number of figures included?

We do not. As it's an $80 set I would expect 4-5 figures, but on the other hand, we don't know how these downsizings in price will impact figure count. It could be that it's just 2 imperial pilots and vader, or it could be like 7 figures.

8 hours ago, Redroe said:

If it's from series 2 no other version of Mando makes any sense.  (Future versions notwithstanding).

Might it possibly be a genuine Solo falcon with a genuine Solo er, Solo. But they have just used existing model for prelim pictures?

Well, technically, s2 mando has a slight difference, I think part of his leg armor is slightly different. :tongue:

Of course it's a super minor detail, so if it is a season 2 set it'll be the beskar-clad mando we all want.

26 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Well, technically, s2 mando has a slight difference, I think part of his leg armor is slightly different. :tongue:

Well, I doubt we'd get arm printing but there is the Mudhorn signet he received in the finale. And I imagine that ( though it could it obviously be removed) jetpack would come with a season 2 Mando. Though these things are there in season 1, for the majority of season 1 he doesn't have them and unless he wrecks them or loses them I'm guessing he'll keep both throughout season 2, especially the signet as jetpacks do break.

There is a lot of wish-listing going on here. Keep it to substantiated rumors please.

21 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

We do not. As it's an $80 set I would expect 4-5 figures, but on the other hand, we don't know how these downsizings in price will impact figure count. It could be that it's just 2 imperial pilots and vader, or it could be like 7 figures.

Oh okay,thanks. Lot of potential.

On 10/8/2020 at 12:13 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

Of course it's a super minor detail, so if it is a season 2 set it'll be the beskar-clad mando we all want.

I’m hoping for 4-5, but I’m not holding my breath. The Soulless One being $80 had 3 minifigs and the Night Buzzard was $70 and also had 3 minifigs, so I’m keeping my expectations in check. I really don’t like this new trend of less figures, but it is what is. Just hoping for something new like an Endor Luke.

1 hour ago, RODDY said:

I’m hoping for 4-5, but I’m not holding my breath. The Soulless One being $80 had 3 minifigs and the Night Buzzard was $70 and also had 3 minifigs, so I’m keeping my expectations in check. I really don’t like this new trend of less figures, but it is what is. Just hoping for something new like an Endor Luke.

I was about to argue that $70-80 sets usually have 4-6 figures, but....not in 2020, you're right. My point was more so that these sets are somewhat of a new thing with the lower cost and downsize. It's possible that they're able to achieve the lower cost in part with less figures and the lambda will only have 2-3, or it's possible that they've realized they'll sell more sets if they stop pricing them so poorly (like you said, $80 for a $50-60 set with only 3 figures....no one will buy that) and the lambda will have 4-6.

Regardless of how large and expensive a set is the amount of figures in non-D2C Star Wars sets has been getting ridiculously low in the last few years. It's not like it'll cost much for LEGO to jack that number up a bit in most cases, the Razor Crest for example could've easily had 2 Scout troopers and 1 or 2 more Snowtroopers in this years AT-AT would've been nice as well :shrug_oh_well:

On 10/7/2020 at 12:50 PM, Paul11283652 said:

So trying to analyse the X-wing design a bit. It looks like most of the parts removed were to do with the complexity of the engines in 75218. This area looks better as the previous engines were a bit too big and did not extend from the front of the wings. The overall size is similar as looks about 2-3 studs shorter in the nose and 2 studs less across the wings. The change that looks concerning is the removal of the hinges so the fuselage no longer tapers to the nose. It looks to be 4 studs wide, then 3 studs before the new nose. The rear of the engines look a bit too high, 75218 had the same problem, but might be longer. The wing folding mechanism is unclear but hopefully not just clickhinges. Apart from the fact they extend out from instead of sit on top of the wings, the cannons look good.

If the price ends up being $70-80 in Australia it would be acceptable but I fear it will be $100. 

The hinges are still there. Just by the nose under the red sloped brick. I think the fuselage not being properly aligned is due to the image being an unfinished CG render and not because the build has been changed.

Hopefully the stickers on the wings aren't final. Don't really like that the markings have been rotated 90 degrees.

On 10/8/2020 at 5:13 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

Occured to me that (on my rewatch of the series this month to get hyped for series 2) this set could be Kuill's Blurgg sledge. In which case they could screw us over by giving us original Mando again! Hobson's choice... Kuill or Beskar Mando.... you can't have both....

9 minutes ago, Redroe said:

Occured to me that (on my rewatch of the series this month to get hyped for series 2) this set could be Kuill's Blurgg sledge. In which case they could screw us over by giving us original Mando again! Hobson's choice... Kuill or Beskar Mando.... you can't have both....

If it was a season 1 set I don't see why they would've hidden it, hopefully its season 2 which was why actual preliminary images of the sets weren't in the catalogue. 

3 hours ago, LEGOscum said:

I wish the Nebulon was released worldwide! But I wouldn't be surprised if this ended up being another Lego.com/Amazon exclusive in US or North America like the Bespin Duel.

38 minutes ago, storskogen said:

I wish the Nebulon was released worldwide! But I wouldn't be surprised if this ended up being another Lego.com/Amazon exclusive in US or North America like the Bespin Duel.

Have you looked at ebay prices for bespin duel? Eyewatering.

16 minutes ago, Redroe said:

Have you looked at ebay prices for bespin duel? Eyewatering.

I don‘t really get why though... Unlike previous convention exclusive sets, there‘s nothing unique to this set apart from the packaging. Sure, the figs are kinda rare at the moment, but this is about to change for the Luke minifig at least :shrug_oh_well: It‘s even weirder when comparing it to the other two former convention exclusives (Wonder Woman & Toad). These two sets go for very reasonable prices, so why can‘t the Bespin one? :wacko: The aftermarket can be odd at times

Edited by Lego-Freak

10 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I don‘t really get why though... Unlike previous convention exclusive sets, there‘s nothing unique to this set apart from the packaging. Sure, the figs are kinda rare at the moment, but this is about to change for the Luke minifig at least :shrug_oh_well: It‘s even weirder when comparing it to the other two former convention exclusives (Wonder Woman & Toad). These two sets go for very reasonable prices, so why can‘t the Bespin one? :wacko: The aftermarket can be odd at times

Scalpers is why. They know some people will pay through the nose for it and keep it in the box for years to come. I don't know if I detest them or admire them, I for one wouldn't have the strength of will to keep a lego set boxed for any lengrh of time. 

14 minutes ago, Redroe said:

Scalpers is why.

Sure, scalpers come up with a semi-random price and if there are people willing to buy at that particular price, it sets a precedent, which then informs the market value. What I don‘t get is why they set it as high as they did when there‘s nothing exclusive about the set. Or to put it differently: why people are treating it as if it were an actual SDCC exclusive with unique prints (rather than a somewhat normal set sold on s@h for a limited time in the US) and paying that much for it :wacko:

I‘ve been tempted multiple times to buy convention exclusives, and I did on a couple of occassions (both Unkitties, the Collector, and Barb), but this sort of behaviour should not be rewarded IMO :hmpf_bad: 

The offworld jawas are going to be making an appearance in the Holiday Special. I wonder if this is a hint for the Mandalorian set, 75299 :look:

Off-World Jawas.png

52 minutes ago, avengers777 said:

The offworld jawas are going to be making an appearance in the Holiday Special. I wonder if this is a hint for the Mandalorian set, 75299 :look:

The holiday special has also hinted other figures, including TROS rose, and there are no TROS sets next wave that we know of. Especially since these jawas just have the normal jawa prints with DBG parts and red eyes, I'm guessing they're just for the special.

2 hours ago, avengers777 said:

Off-World Jawas.png

Kuill's blurrg sled, I'm calling it now. Mando-with-mud. We inch gradually closer to Beskar.

By the way what is it about these offworld Jawas? Why are they red eyed and wear grey? And drive a sandcrawler on a planet not-Tatooine, when lore has it that the sandcrawlers are mining vehicles left on Tatooine? Coincidence? And Navarro is "lousy" with them too. The red eyed ones. They are apparently the Star Wars version of cockroaches.

Edited by Redroe
I can't spell Qu... Kuill.

I certainly hope the Mando set will be more interesting than that. It‘s the only set in the entire wave with new minifig potential so they hopefully don‘t cheap out like that :tongue:

1 hour ago, Redroe said:

And drive a sandcrawler on a planet not-Tatooine

I always assumed that there were mining operations in many places using the same crawlers for similar environments. When the official mining operations wind down the Jawas move in and take over (or buy?) the abandoned old crawlers and set up mobile scavenging/trading systems.

There are only 2 good arguments for mandalorian set(unless its from season 2)
1. If we take a look at all the figures and vehicles HASBRO revealed at New York toy fair at the end of February of this year we can see we got all vehicles in LEGO form this year and rest of them are leaked for next year except Mandalorian speeder with Mando and The child. My second point is 

Spoiler

that the poster for mandalorian season 2 is revealed and its mandalorian and the child on that same speeder. https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2020/10/the-mandalorian-gets-a-new-season-2-poster/

2. Kuill and a Blurrg and Kuills hut. Argument for that is that they didnt include Kuill in the Razor Crest plus we dont have a hut set for the next year.
Argument for both is that this year we got barc speeder and a hut in 30$ sets,you can also throw offworld jawa in both of those sets,set can also be both of those 2 sets combined

Something involving Kulil would make sense (S1 spoiler)

because as with previous TV shows, it seems unlikely that they revisit something that isn't a "flagship" vehicle or location once it's no longer a major part of the series, so I don't see them going randomly back to S1 in a year or two, so unless they pull a Fast and Furious and/or Emperor Palpatine and decided "Just kidding!  Kulil didn't actually die!" which seems very unrealistic, I don't know when else we could get him.

But that still doesn't explain why it wasn't in the catalog.  I guess it could just be coincidence, but it also seems like it wouldn't be as secretive as the other stuff if it was from Season 1.  

Edited by Kit Figsto