MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

3 minutes ago, Bardan_Jusik said:

Also with the Mandalorian set picture being blacked out I think the chances of it being from season 2 just rose considerably. If there's no beskar Mando though I might cry.

I wish I could think that positively! 

Refer back to this comment if I’m wrong but there is no way a Beskar Mandalorian is included in such a cheap set.

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I think only these two are rumoured to be included :sceptic: Quite sad when you think that even the 4+ one had three minifigs. In general, the minifigs will undoubtedly be the least interesting aspect of these sets. Depending on the minifigs included in the Mando set, we could end up with the first wave in ages that doesn't introduce a single new character. When was the last time that happened? :facepalm:

It's crazy how things have changed.  I remember the 3rd X-Wing they ever put out (the 2005 version that was on shelves for like 5 years) had something like 6-7 figures and was the same price as this one.  Luke, R2, Chewbacca, Han, Leia, and I believe another Rebel pilot and maybe another astromech droid? 

I think minifigures are more accurate today but man, I miss the era of 3-4 figures being common even in a $20 set.

1 hour ago, Redroe said:

I can't tell. Which version do you call brown jacket Han? I can't think of a brown jacket other than his Hoth one.

Tauntaun looks cute and funny. I really like these microfighter beasties. Sadly they've probably run out of viable ones now. But a Boga and Wheel Bike microfighter dual pack would be an absolute gift.

As @Bardan_Jusik said, probably the Solo one, though why they would put that with the OT Falcon is anyone's guess (a Kessel Run Falcon would've made a nice change for the MFs). Since it looks like the figure has his open white shirt on it I assumed it wasn't Hoth Han, but then again these are supposed to be prelims, so who knows.

Agreed on the MF beasties, it gives the line something really unique which it was crying out for. I need to pick up the Bantha one soon before it gets retired for good.

The Han figure looks preliminary to me. Its just the Ant-Man/Peter Parker head slapped on the Force Awakens torso.

So trying to analyse the X-wing design a bit. It looks like most of the parts removed were to do with the complexity of the engines in 75218. This area looks better as the previous engines were a bit too big and did not extend from the front of the wings. The overall size is similar as looks about 2-3 studs shorter in the nose and 2 studs less across the wings. The change that looks concerning is the removal of the hinges so the fuselage no longer tapers to the nose. It looks to be 4 studs wide, then 3 studs before the new nose. The rear of the engines look a bit too high, 75218 had the same problem, but might be longer. The wing folding mechanism is unclear but hopefully not just clickhinges. Apart from the fact they extend out from instead of sit on top of the wings, the cannons look good.

If the price ends up being $70-80 in Australia it would be acceptable but I fear it will be $100. 

2 hours ago, wesker said:

The Han figure looks preliminary to me. Its just the Ant-Man/Peter Parker head slapped on the Force Awakens torso.

I saw this too, I hope it's preliminary. Maybe it means a new head print and new torso print?

None of the figures in any other sets are shown (not even side builds, as I'm sure at least the 4+ set has a side build). Hoping we get some good figure selections, as while these are nice models and at a good price, I can't see people picking them up if they've got the previous versions. Granted, it's been awhile since the last lambda.

All the ships look good, especially the X-Wing. The folding mechanism could be a rotating tab, or perhaps a side to side slider. Either would be better than the front to back slider and close off that space behind the cockpit better. I'm not sold on the nose design, looks a bit bulbous compared to the rest of the ship, will wait until the full view of the model is revealed. I like that the spring loaded shooters are only on the bottom wings - I know they are de rigueur on all LSW ships but it's always better when they aren't as prominent.

Like others, I'm not liking those ball joints on the TIE, not sure why hinge pieces weren't used there, maybe the spacing is too small? If the tow ball is necessary this would have been the perfect opportunity to produce that part in light bley instead. One side effect of this cheaper TIE is it should make those printed cockpit and insignia pieces cheaper and easier to find on BL, definitely a plus for Interceptor and Bomber builders!

For the shuttle, that build under the cockpit looks odd, but with the white lip on the front of it, I wonder if it's some type of ramp that can be pushed up into the underside of the cockpit. And that central fin looks incredibly tall but does scale well with the side wings, maybe the photo dimensions have been stretched.

40 minutes ago, Paul11283652 said:

If the price ends up being $70-80 in Australia it would be acceptable but I fear it will be $100. 

$50 usd is now about $70 aud, so probably around $80 rrp, hopefully not more than $90!

I wonder if this X-wing might be the first official set to feature true center-pivot wings.  Probably not, but at least in the potato quality bootleg preliminary image I don't see the usual hardware of wing jacks and rubber bands that go with the four-pivot design, and the actuator tab on top does look like maybe it moves from side to side instead of front to back like the wing jack lever on 75218 and 75273. I like how the laser guns have sections with three distinct thicknesses; that's an accurate detail we haven't seen since 9493 in 2012. The droid also sits higher relative to the cockpit than in any previous model, which is more accurate.  The engines extend ahead of the wing leading edges, unlike on 75218, and unlike 9493 it looks like they probably have no gap between them when closed.  The back end of the wedges by the engines is stepped, which is an accurate detail we haven't had before, and it's nice to see the first new nose cone design since 2004. There's a lot to like here, but I'm wary about the nose and fuselage overall.  I hope they're not just square blocks.  The way the nose is built without taper for nearly the whole length reminds me of one of the oldest X-wing MOCs I've ever seen on the web, circa 1993. The aft fuselage looks as blocky as X-wing MOCs circa 2003. ... Ok, that's all I can get out of that picture.  Time to wait for official images!

On the X-wing, they sacrificed detail but not size, so the proportions look right.  On the TIE Fighter, they sacrificed size but not detail, so it looks chibified.  I'll probably get a copy to go with the X-wing, but at first glance I don't like it.

The Imperial Shuttle looks pretty good except for the big assembly underneath the cockpit shell.  I'll wait for more pictures on that one before passing judgment.

The 4+ Resistance X-wing is a yawn. I hoped it would be more different than the T-65 but it's a pass.  The microfighters are cute as usual but I probably won't get them, since I haven't bought any others in that line.

Going off topic now just to record all my comments on the leaks in one post ...

Creator giraffe: cute! More pictures, please!

Creator lion, motorcycle, robot: yawn.

City road system: Cool! More pictures, please!

City jet transport: Interesting to see a Cityfied take on a fifth generation jet fighter, most closely reminding me of the Sukhoi PAK FA or the Northrop YF-23, but too simple and ungainly to interest me.  It's City, so that's ok.

The rest of City: Nice tractor, the rest isn't for me.

Ninjago, Minecraft: Yawn.

Sesame Street: I wouldn't have considered buying the fan model, but I love the way they've brought it down to a smaller build at a more accessible price point that is still recognizable and fun.  I can never bring myself to buy a Modular Building, but this looks like a lot more fun than one of those. More pictures, please!

Colosseum: Yawn. If I was a savvy traveler I could probably go see the real thing for close to RRP.

Marvel Super Heroes: Yawn.

Harry Potter classroom books: What a great idea! They look colorful and big and substantial, like a real classroom and a fun build. More pictures, please! Definitely interested in these.

Edited by icm

What is up with the Han Solo in the microfighter??? Antman's face with TFA jacket?? Sure it might be preliminary but still strange when they already have the pieces??

57 minutes ago, MaximillianRebo said:

All the ships look good, especially the X-Wing. The folding mechanism could be a rotating tab, or perhaps a side to side slider. Either would be better than the front to back slider and close off that space behind the cockpit better. I'm not sold on the nose design, looks a bit bulbous compared to the rest of the ship, will wait until the full view of the model is revealed. I like that the spring loaded shooters are only on the bottom wings - I know they are de rigueur on all LSW ships but it's always better when they aren't as prominent....

For the shuttle, that build under the cockpit looks odd, but with the white lip on the front of it, I wonder if it's some type of ramp that can be pushed up into the underside of the cockpit. And that central fin looks incredibly tall but does scale well with the side wings, maybe the photo dimensions have been stretched.

$50 usd is now about $70 aud, so probably around $80 rrp, hopefully not more than $90!

The shuttle cockpit design is the same as 75221 where it hinges up. Probably not enough space for more than one minifigs but more accurate than 75094.

Its going to be weird having the new X-wing on shelves at $80 with Grevious’ starfighter and the Night Buzzard next to it at $120. Probably even Paasana Speeder boxes as well.

I have tried the wing design from 75273 with the gears from 75102 when I was modding the latter and it doesn’t work. The small gear lacks enough friction to overcome the rubber bands. They could be reverting to the 75102 design with all the bands at the back.

As a collector, I can't get anything out of the new TIE Fighter (proportions don't fit), nor the new X-Wing (too square and boxy and the lasers just look modest). Certainly a good step to market playsets aimed at children again, but for me both models are a NoGo.

Edited by NerdYoda

The X wing looks surprisingly good :thumbup:. I’m glad they’ve taken that approach to the set. The Shuttle looks good too. Not sure what’s going under the cockpit but looks as though it can be removed if need be. 

I am not OT fan and i rarely buy OT sets but i love this Imperial Shuttle,unless figures are God awful i will be buying it,was also eyeing Shuttle Tydirium from 2015 for a while. One of the most beautiful star wars vehicles and i am a sucker for shuttles even though i was very sceptical when these set lists were leaked about LEGO being able to make that ship for only 80$ . I assume this thing under the cockpit is a ramp? Would be cool if its removable,okay if its not too. Hopefully it comes with royal guard or endor crew.
Dont care about other sets apart from Mandalorian which is probably season 2 set cause its better protected than other pictures.
All in all very disappointed with January/March wave,guess my Death Watch army will expand with almost nothing else to buy.

1 hour ago, Tariq j said:

The X wing looks surprisingly good :thumbup:. I’m glad they’ve taken that approach to the set. The Shuttle looks good too. Not sure what’s going under the cockpit but looks as though it can be removed if need be. 

The part you’re referring to is the cockpit itself. The upper part looks to be hinged upwards like on 75221.

There's an image (in German) circulating now on the usual place referencing to the new Mandalorian set, but I believe there's no hint to which set will be released. We'll see whether they will manage to prevent leaks before the release of season 2.

1 hour ago, storskogen said:

There's an image (in German) circulating now on the usual place referencing to the new Mandalorian set, but I believe there's no hint to which set will be released. We'll see whether they will manage to prevent leaks before the release of season 2.

I've seen a similar one pertaining to the helmets. My German isn't great but I can't see any more clues as to what they would be.

Luke and the AT-AT pilot have stud shooters in the microfighter two-pack. Personally I'm fine with that since luke still has his lightsaber and it seems to be in place of stud shooters strapped on to the AT-AT 

14 hours ago, icm said:

Going off topic now just to record all my comments on the leaks in one post ...

Please don't go off topic.

14 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

Hopefully it comes with royal guard or endor crew.

Either Vader with Moff Jerjerrod and some stormtroopers or the Emperor with royal guards would be good figure selections and set it apart from the Shuttle Tydirium model.

7 hours ago, Ragana9289 said:

Why didn't LEGO restart "Droid Tri-Fighter" or "Tie Defender" ?

I'm not exactly sure what you mean. If you're asking why we didn't get a remake of those sets, it's because we had a tri-fighter what, 6 years ago?, which isn't that long ago compared to many other ships. For the defender, the original set was based on legends, which they no longer do, and the new version is from rebels, which lego seems hesitant to make more sets of especially now that it's ended it's run.

11 minutes ago, MaximillianRebo said:

Either Vader with Moff Jerjerrod and some stormtroopers or the Emperor with royal guards would be good figure selections and set it apart from the Shuttle Tydirium model.

I'm hoping for some new figures (endor luke), but both those would be great and all of the new sets (sans the micro falcon of course) are good enough builds that the figures don't have to be amazing to make it a great set. Which is how it should be IMO.

5 hours ago, MaximillianRebo said:

There are a lot of possibilities most of them fall down if we only get 3 figures cause 1-2 have to be pilot/s,do we know the number of figures included?

On 10/6/2020 at 10:47 PM, ArrowBricks said:

I wish I could think that positively! 

Refer back to this comment if I’m wrong but there is no way a Beskar Mandalorian is included in such a cheap set.

If it's from series 2 no other version of Mando makes any sense.  (Future versions notwithstanding).

On 10/7/2020 at 4:20 AM, TeeNuggetTa said:

What is up with the Han Solo in the microfighter??? Antman's face with TFA jacket?? Sure it might be preliminary but still strange when they already have the pieces??

Might it possibly be a genuine Solo falcon with a genuine Solo er, Solo. But they have just used existing model for prelim pictures?