MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Two more rumored sets for next year courtesy of Instagram:

75298 Empire Strikes Back Battle Pack ($17.99)
75302 Darth Vader Ship ($69.99)

So if I've got this right for minfigures the X-wing has Luke and Artoo, the Tie has 3 (using the landspeeder figs as placeholders in the preliminary image) and we don't know anything about what figures come with the Lambda?

I Imagine that the Lambda's figs will probably be based on either the Journey to the forest moon of Endor or Palpatine's arrival on the second death star. Though it would be cool if it was based off of rebels or the clone wars (but much more unlikely, especially as one only appears in one episode of each).

Edited by Agent Kallus

Just now, wesker said:

Just double-checked, 75298 is the microfighter 2-pack.

And even if it was a battle pack, $18? Geez!

7 minutes ago, wesker said:

Sounds interesting BUT everyone take this with a big massive ginormous pinch of salt as 75298 is apparently the Tauntaun Microfighter.

Edited by ArrowBricks

11 minutes ago, wesker said:

Hmm... I saw that on instagram just before, but not sure what to make of it.

75298 is the Tauntaun vs. AT-AT Microfighters pack and 75302 is the Imperial Shuttle according to the earlier rumours. if the earlier rumours are correct, I suppose the microfighter pack is a kind-of battle pack, and maybe the Imperial Shuttle comes with Vader?

Assuming the piece count for 75032 is correct at 589 pieces, I doubt it'll be Vader's TIE Advanced. The 2009 Darth Vader's TIE set came with 251 pieces and the 2016 TIE vs. A-wing set came with 702 pieces for two ships, so in a year where LEGO is downsizing their sets and making them cheaper it would be weird if they also included a massive, super detailed TIE Advanced as well.

Unless the new rumours are complete bull, I guess we just wait and see?

Hoping for a snowtrooper battle pack (3 snowtroopers, 1 officer maybe?) to go with the AT-AT released this year (if the Empire Strikes Back battle pack rumor is true).

This seems incredibly suspicious, and I’m not talking about the set number discrepancy. Plus, one of the “leakers” involved has stolen @Falconfan1414’s IG profile picture, probably in an attempt to boost their credibility, so these “leaks” are safe to ignore. Why does this keep happening?!

42 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

This seems incredibly suspicious, and I’m not talking about the set number discrepancy. Plus, one of the “leakers” involved has stolen @Falconfan1414’s IG profile picture, probably in an attempt to boost their credibility, so these “leaks” are safe to ignore. Why does this keep happening?!

I guess some people just don't get enough attention at home :def_shrug:

1 hour ago, wesker said:

I mean, these are correct... From a certain point of view.:yoda: The Tauntaun of course is based on ESB, and the Lambda could be perceived as Vader's ship. I would like it to be an imperial crew rather than the Tyderium though.

12 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

I, for one, am happy about the scaled down ships. Most AFOLs MOC their own Star Wars ships. What we want are figs and enough pieces to MOC. Scaled down models is the perfect way to achieve this.

And it's great for kids, too. They can get an x-wing and a TIE for the cost of last year's x-wing.

9 hours ago, Seasider said:

Vader, a Scout Trooper and a Royal Guard would then potentially link the Helmet collection to ROTJ.

Do we think the UCS will be the clone wars gunship ? Or at this price do we think it’ll be something else? 

You may be on to something. The last wave was based on ESB, maybe they're going by film order and just started with esb for the anniversary. As for the gunship, I doubt they'd make it at only $200, I'd expect it to be the 2HY UCS.

9 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

"If what you say is true, then you will have gained my trust."

Honestly, that sounds like a great idea. The figure selection still worries me, but a decent TIE and X-Wing for such reasonable prices will make up for the seemingly lackluster wave. Imperial Shuttle will only interest me if they include Biker Scouts or Rebel Commandos.

The TIE Fighter sounds like it'll look close to the Rebels design (with an over-sized cockpit and stubby wings), so it'll be interesting to see how they pull it off.

These definitely do sound more like scale-downs than 4+ type sets, which has me excited. I already have these three ships, but if they do pull it off where they still look good I almost hope this becomes the norm, when x-wings get to $90, something's gone wrong.

As for the shuttle, commandos are pretty cheap on bricklink, but biker scouts with the new helmet are definitely not... 

1 hour ago, wesker said:

"Fake news!" :laugh: Those set numbers are taken. That might be a good thing, another battle pack price hike would be seriously annoying.

And when it comes to the battle packs.... "always two there are, no more, no less" :yoda:

Edited by Mandalorianknight

@Mandalorianknight yes the current helmets are branded for the anniversary of Empire, so then doing a further collection based off another film is a good idea. Although I would have done Scout Trooper, Royal Guard and Boushh for Jedi. I’d have done Vader for when the got to ANH which could have gone with an Imperial Gunner and if they work out how to do open face helmets either an Rebel pilot or Rebel Trooper

6 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

At this point it seems like there are the few Instagram/EB leakers that everyone knows about and trusts, and then there's like seven hundred other accounts that claim to be "leakers" but either are clearly just reposting info from other places or make up stuff that could potentially happen and then people believe it, especially when they mix in some reposted stuff that they claim to have broken first.

7 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Just double-checked, 75298 is the microfighter 2-pack.

And even if it was a battle pack, $18? Geez!

7 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

Sounds interesting BUT everyone take this with a big massive ginormous pinch of salt as 75298 is apparently the Tauntaun Microfighter.

6 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

I mean, these are correct... From a certain point of view.:yoda: The Tauntaun of course is based on ESB, and the Lambda could be perceived as Vader's ship. I would like it to be an imperial crew rather than the Tyderium though.

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

"Fake news!" :laugh: Those set numbers are taken. That might be a good thing, another battle pack price hike would be seriously annoying.

And when it comes to the battle packs.... "always two there are, no more, no less" :yoda:

Ugh I really should have double checked the set number first. :facepalm:

Lesson learned for next time. :classic:

1 hour ago, Seasider said:

@Mandalorianknight yes the current helmets are branded for the anniversary of Empire, so then doing a further collection based off another film is a good idea. Although I would have done Scout Trooper, Royal Guard and Boushh for Jedi. I’d have done Vader for when the got to ANH which could have gone with an Imperial Gunner and if they work out how to do open face helmets either an Rebel pilot or Rebel Trooper

I feel like they should design a mannequin-esc blank "face" in black bricks that could be integrated into open faced helmet designs. I like consistency hence my desire for a uniform design for any open helmets. It would vastly expand the potential of this sub theme.

Many have speculated at a royal guard as the third helmet, but I don't see that or the snowtrooper translating well into the current style. That being said they pulled off the TIE Pilots tubes very well so nothing is off the table.

5 hours ago, Seasider said:

The fact that the scout trooper helmet is $20 cheaper than the others makes me strongly believe it will have the flip-top helmet, and that when flipping it open it'll be hollow, hence the lower price. This, if true, implies that they would be able to produce other helmets where the face would be visible. they might still have difficulty with the transparent visor, but they could put trans tiles over yellow plates as the support. Speaking of the rebel pilot helmet, it'd be great if they made that and it came with extra parts/stickers to swap out to get different pilot designs.

3 hours ago, Archer said:

Many have speculated at a royal guard as the third helmet, but I don't see that or the snowtrooper translating well into the current style. That being said they pulled off the TIE Pilots tubes very well so nothing is off the table.

It might take some ingenuity to get royal guard's helmet, but I think they could do it. The snowtrooper could be a problem if they try to use cloth or something.

ERG would be tough, if they get it wrong then it would look terrible and possibly kill the line.  Would be nice to see some Rebel helmets at some point too.

I'll wait for leaked pics before I get too excited or disappointed on 2021 sets.  

I’m not sure if this has been brought up before, but what are the chances the X-Wing minifigs are placeholders too? It just strikes me as odd that they would use placeholders for a set that most likely won’t introduce completely new minifigs anyway, yet use the proper minifigs for another set :wacko: Is this a new strategy to throw us off? Another nail in the leak coffin, if so :grin:

I've been back and forth on bricklinking the TIE Advanced vs A-Wing set for the past couple weaks and the "rumor" that we might get a new TIE Advanced has made me even more conflicted even if the rumor is bs. I really like the last one but but we're overdue for a new one. Plus it would be perfect to tie-in(pun intended) to the Skywalker Saga game. Decisions...

33 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I’m not sure if this has been brought up before, but what are the chances the X-Wing minifigs are placeholders too? It just strikes me as odd that they would use placeholders for a set that most likely won’t introduce completely new minifigs anyway, yet use the proper minifigs for another set :wacko: Is this a new strategy to throw us off? Another nail in the leak coffin, if so :grin:

I feel like the "luke and R2" thing was more so guessing or a silhouette that turns out to be wrong, I highly doubt we'd have 2 figures in a $50 set, anyway.

On 9/15/2020 at 11:21 AM, TeddytheSpoon said:

There seems to be some confusion over these. My understanding was that the buildable statue was of the Probe Droid, which would make more sense than having it in the helmet collection. Stonewars pointed out on Instagram that TLG's press releases for the paper packaging initiative have a Royal Guard bust in the background (which incidentally @ArrowBrickscalled in the Helmets thread *huh*). Nothing confirmed obviously, but it does seem the right sort of size for the helmet collection.

Funny as it is, your conclusion is on point; there are three helmets, not two. While 75304 Darth Vader and 75305 Scout Trooper are the only two that we know of at the moment, the statue is 75306, full stop. The case to me is clear: it wouldn't make any to have a LEGO brand store exclusive statue, but a third helmet would certainly make sense, and it's nearly a mirror of what we saw in Q2 of 2020 with 75274 as a planned exclusive and 75278 as our single statue.

The only possible explanation that would insinuate any scenario with 75306 as a third helmet would be if the 75306 Probe Droid were somehow a helmet... and the PpP makes it clear beyond doubt that it is a buildable statue like 75278 D-O. I'd abhor another one of those at the expense of a good old fashioned April wave, but it looks astutely clear that that is what we are getting. Any alternative is a workaround, considering the mountain of compelling evidence from last year's new strategy, and to be totally frank, this is certainly not something that I've been ignoring possibilities regarding for the last several weeks.

On the topic of the latest rumors: Exactly, @Lego-Freak, and man, those were sad. "Darth Vader Ship" is a winner. 

Regarding the concept of a second collection for RoTJ; of course it's no coincidence that last year was the 40th anniversary of TESB, but a round for the closing episode of the OT is still a possibility. My bet would be on a Skiff Guard if the theme is still Episode VI, but if the whole saga remains open then Grievous or Kylo seem quite plausible.

Edited by Azani
Typos, clarity.

I really want to see what a scaled down Millennium Falcon in line with the new X Wing and TIE Fighter would look like

13 minutes ago, LEGODrongo01 said:

I really want to see what a scaled down Millennium Falcon in line with the new X Wing and TIE Fighter would look like

The current Millenium Falcon is already scaled down considerably more compared to smaller ships. I therefore believes the upcoming 2021 TIE and X-wing will actually scale better with the existing Falcon.

Just now, storskogen said:

The current Millenium Falcon is already scaled down considerably more compared to smaller ships. I therefore believes the upcoming 2021 TIE and X-wing will actually scale better with the existing Falcon.

Yeah I meant more like a simpler design. I think the design of the very first Falcon from 2000, where the top is one sub build that lifts off to access interior, has a lot of potential to be revisited.