MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 News - EVERYONE PLEASE READ FIRST POST

This thread collects everything we know about 2021 LEGO Star Wars sets:

• If you have news, substantiated rumors (you have a source that you can name or allude to), or other information regarding new 2021 sets, please post it here. THAT'S IT!!!!!  Anything else and you risk facing severe consequences. This is not for posting vague hints and toying with people.  This is not a discussion thread, that can be found here.  This IS your warning!
  • If you have questions about what belongs in this thread, please PM MKJoshA, BEAVeR, Stash2Sixx, or another Moderator. This is for news and news only.
  • If you choose to post fabricated information; you can expect to be banned!  It's not worth the fifteen minutes of internet fame.  This is for news and news only.
  • Do not post watermarked or confidential images; the image will be removed and the member will be dealt with appropriately. These are considered leaks and we have been asked by TLG to comply.  Our Member Guidelines state:
    Sinner said:
    Sinner said:
    Sinner said:
    Sinner said:
    If you find an image of a new LEGO set and it is incredibly blurry or stamped "Confidential", it is a leak-please don't post it here. If you are uncertain, PM a member of the staff for guidance and include a link to the questionable material.

This topic is for 2021 news, not 2022, and not 2020.  We will make a new topic when we feel it is necessary.  If your post was on the boards, and now it's not...there is a good chance it was either hidden or moved.  Off topic posts, placing info in the wrong thread, or a request from LEGO to remove something; these are all possible reasons why something may have disappeared.

Thank you!

blogicon.pngblogicon.pngblogicon.png

Eurobricks Star Wars Forum Spoiler Policy
With regards to upcoming sets and rumors: Read at your own risk. This is a topic about potential items to be released. If you do not want to know, stay out of these forums!!!

With regards to spoiler tags: these are not required and we will not force anyone to use them.  That being said, I'm sure if you did use them, the community would be a much happier place!  Please be respectful of others. If a member used a spoiler tag, their intention was to keep something quiet; it was a courtesy to others. If you choose to comment on the contents of that spoiler tag, please refrain from publicly mentioning what the contents of the spoiler were!!!

With regards to movies or shows: We feel that two weeks from the release date is an ample amount of time for most people to view a movie. Once a movie or episode is released, we the staff, will do all we can to curb the usage of spoilers in any of the topics in the Star Wars forum for two weeks. If you do not see the movie or episode within two weeks, then you read here at your own risk.

This is the policy in the Star Wars forum, going forward. If you did not agree with us in the past, so be it. From this point on, we will not police the threads unless something becomes an issue. We ask that members not mini-mod (directly telling other members how to behave ) in the thread and tell others to use spoiler tags. If something is a problem, please inform the mods by reporting it. Any questions, please ask in the appropriate thread.

75295 Millennium Falcon Microfighter – 101 pieces/€9.99 – 02/21
75296 Microfighter – €9.99
75297 4+ Resistance X-Wing – 92 pieces/€19.99 – 03/21
75298 Tauntaun & AT-AT Microfighter – 213 pieces/€19.99 – 03/21
75299 Mandalorian Set – 276 pieces/€29.99 – 02/21
75300 TIE Fighter – 432 pieces/€39.99 – 02/21
75301 X-wing – 474 pieces/€49.99 – 02/21
75302 Imperial Shuttle – 589 pieces/€79.99 – 03/21
75303 UCS Set – €199.99 – 05/21
75304 Darth Vader Helmet – 721 pieces/€69.99 – 05/21
75305 Scout Trooper Helmet – 567 pieces/€49.99 – 05/21
75306 Imperial Probe Droid – 538 pieces/€69.99 – 05/21
75307 Buildable Statue – 05/21

On 9/15/2020 at 6:47 PM, MKJoshA said:

75295 Millennium Falcon Microfighter – 101 pieces/€9.99 – 02/21
75297 4+ Resistance X-Wing – 92 pieces/€19.99 – 03/21
75299 Mandalorian Set – 276 pieces/€29.99 – 02/21
75300 TIE Fighter – 432 pieces/€39.99 – 02/21
75301 X-wing – 474 pieces/€49.99 – 02/21
75302 Imperial Shuttle – 589 pieces/€79.99 – 03/21

Regular restarts

So, there won't be any sets released in 2021 January. No problem. More time to catch up with the older ones.

Edited by Anak

Summer 2021 Wave

75296 - Darth Vader Meditation Chamber

• Subtheme: ESB / 18+
  • Price: $70 USD
  • Pieces: 663
  • Minifigs: Darth Vader and General Veers

75307 - Advent Calendar

• Subtheme: Seasonal / The Mandalorian
  • Price: $40 USD
  • Pieces: 335
  • Minifigs: The Mandalorian (Christmas), Grogu (Christmas), Stormtrooper, Scout Trooper, Tusken Raider and IG-11

75308 - R2-D2

• Subtheme: UCS
  • Price: $200 USD
  • Pieces: 2,314
  • Minifigs: R2-D2

75309 - Republic Gunship

• Price: $350
  • Pieces: 3,292
  • Minifigs: Mace Windu and Clone Trooper Captain

75310 - Duel on Mandalore

• Subtheme: The Clone Wars
  • Price: $20 USD
  • Pieces: 147
  • Minifigs: Ahsoka Tano and Darth Maul

75311 - Trexler Marauder

• Subtheme: The Mandalorian
  • Price: $40 USD
  • Pieces: 478
  • Minifigs: Stormtroopers (x2), Greef Karga, and Mortar Trooper

75312 - Slave I

• Subtheme: The Mandalorian 
  • Price: $50 USD
  • Pieces: 592
  • Minifigs: The Mandalorian and Boba Fett (Rearmored)

75313 - AT-AT

• Price: $800 USD
  • Pieces: 6,782
  • Minifigs: Luke Skywalker, General Veers, AT-AT Driver (x2), and Snowtrooper (x2) (Note: Minifigures are probably not accurate)

75314 - The Bad Batch Attack Shuttle

• Subtheme: The Bad Batch
  • Price: $100 USD
  • Pieces: 969
  • Minifigs: Echo, Hunter, Tech, Wrecker, Crosshair (Imperial), and GNK Droid

75315 - Moff Gideon's Light Cruiser

• Subtheme: The Mandalorian
  • Price: $160 USD
  • Pieces: 1,336
  • Minifigs: The Mandalorian, Grogu, Cara Dune, Fennec Shand, Moff Gideon, and Dark Trooper

75316 - Mandalorian Fighter

• Subtheme: The Clone Wars
  • Price: $60 USD
  • Pieces: 544
  • Minifigs: Bo-Katan, Gar Saxon, and Mandalorian Loyalist

75319 - Mandalorian Forge

• Subtheme: The Mandalorian?
  • Price: $30
  • Pieces: 258
  • Minifigs: The Armorer, The Mandalorian, and Paz Vizsla

75369 - Unknown

• Subtheme: Unknown
  • Price: Unknown
  • Pieces: Unknown
  • Minifigs: Unknown

40451 - Tatooine Homestead

• Subtheme: ANH / Promotional
  • Price: Free GWP for May the 4th ($85+ USD)
  • Pieces: 271
  • Minifigs: None

40483 - Imperial Star Destroyer (Note: Likely to be a false rumor)

• Subtheme: Promotional
  • Price: Free GWP
  • Pieces: 396
  • Minifigs: Imperial Officer
Edited by avengers777

So... Walmart just dropped 75304 Darth Vader Helmet, 75305 Scout Trooper Helmet, and 75306 Probe Droid on their website...

I can't upload pictures so I'll just link the Brickset pages:

75304: 834 pieces

75305: 471 pieces

75306: 683 pieces

No prices yet, stay tuned for that

Everyone in Australia, I have sad news;

Earlier this week I sent an email to LEGO asking when the 501st battlepack will be back in stock and this is the reply they gave me:

"Hello Alex,

Thanks for emailing us.

I'm afraid due to poor sales in that market Alex we had to retire the #75280 501st Legion™ Clone Troopers and it will not be restocked in the near future. I'm very sorry for the disappointing news. Sometimes if we don't get a response on an item we will take it off to make room for even better stuff.

It is possible if we get enough feedback we will bring it back so I made sure to send your response to our sales team, but for the foreseeable future I recommend third party retailers such as bricklink.com, brickset.com, and even Amazon and see if they can help. If you have any further questions please let us know.

Thank you and have a wonderful day."

So basically this means the 501st battlepack is RETIRED in Australia

Edited by BigA_7

Calling bs on that because I just got 2 from justbricks.com.au two weeks ago that they got directly from LEGO. 

Also, I emailed LEGO last week too and they told me it would be back in stock soon, I will post the email later. Secondly, they most certainly did not have a poor reception to the set. Are they going off of sales figures? Perhaps the sales figures are low because they’re NOT STOCKING US UP. 

Edited by Brikkyy13

Here is the email I sent to LEGO:

Hello, I am wondering why set 75280 is seemingly unavailable in Australia. This set was released in August last year and has been out of stock on the LEGO website since then. In addition, this set has not been available in retail stores since August either, be that a LEGO certified store, or a retailer like K-Mart, Big W and the like. I have been told by these stores that they will not be receiving new stock of this set, yet this set has not been marked for retirement. Furthermore, social mediaposts made by customers in other regions such as the Americas, Europe and Asia indicate that there is an abundance of this set in their stores with international customers being able to buy this set by the hundreds.
I repeat, my question is why is set 75280 not available for purchase in Australia? Please do not tell me that the pandemic has disrupted the supply chain as not only is this clearly not the case in other markets, this is not the first set that has been unavailable in Australia whilebeing abundant in other markets. Lack of stock is an issue the Australian market has been facing since well before the pandemic, with examples including 75150, 75087, 75175, 75262 and most recently 75254 all becoming unavailable in Australia after selling out on their release date. Why is this stock problem a continual issue for the Australian market that has existed well before the pandemic? 
All I want is to be able to buy 2 copies of set 75280, spending less than $100, but it has been 8 months since there has been stock in Australia. There is clearly a demand for this set in this country as it is now being sold on the secondary market for hundreds of dollars. When will it be back in stock on the LEGO website and why are Australian stores telling me they are not receiving stock when other countries' stores have an oversupply of this set?

And here is the response I got:

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I'm sorry to hear it's been taking a little long for you to be able to add the amazing LEGO® 501st Legion™ Clone Troopers (75280) to your collection.

Unfortunately we can't comment on each individual retailers stock levels as we're not in charge of those. However, this particular set has not yet been discontinued so we may receive more of them in our stock, even though we can't confirm a backorder date.

We do have a warehouse in Australia which is responsible for making the sets available in your region, but the supply and demand definitely influence its stock levels.

All I can say is that I'm definitely passing your feedback to the right team here and hopefully they'll see that they should be making more of these so you can add them to your collection.

If you're really in a hurry and would like to have these sets as soon as possible, you could order them using a region where this set is currently available and possibly deliver them to a friend, and they could then reship the set to you privately.

I'm really sorry about this, but I really hope we'll be able to make more so you can get building soon.

After I posted this I saw a comment in a Facebook group indicating that @MandRproductions had a video as to why it was “retired early” here in Aus, so against my better judgment I checked it out. He’s spewing BS as usual, claiming that covid lockdowns are the reason nobody could buy it. Maybe if he did 5 minutes of research he’d know that:

1) the country isn’t on permanent lockdown like he’s making it out to be 

2) the retail stores that sell lego were open during the lockdowns

3) the lockdowns only affected one city at a time and as a whole we have spent more time free to live our lives as normal than we have spent on lockdown because there is no community transmission of the virus 

Edited by Brikkyy13

44 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

After I posted this I saw a comment in a Facebook group indicating that @MandRproductions had a video as to why it was “retired early” here in Aus, so against my better judgment I checked it out. He’s spewing BS as usual, claiming that covid lockdowns are the reason nobody could buy it. Maybe if he did 5 minutes of research he’d know that:

3) the lockdowns only affected one city at a time and as a whole we have spent more time free to live our lives as normal than we have spent on lockdown because there is no community transmission of the virus 

Yeah I commented on the post last night saying I wouldn't believe anything therein.  People sprouting nonsense like @MandRproductions get people like @BigA_7 (not saying he watched the clip) influenced by others when it is really nothing more than an opinion on a geographic region that he has very little knowledge of.

With regards to being in Australia, it was difficult getting any set Lego last year, I was lucky that I got mine in the first release window.  Being in Melbourne (for those of you who don't know, it was the worst hit city in Australia and 4million of us we're locked in/down for 100+ days) I was still able to get my hands on them.

I think the problem was people (myself included) bought several of them, I don't personally trust Lego or retail here to get it right so purchased a few of them.  

15 minutes ago, Darth Malgus said:

I think the problem was people (myself included) bought several of them, I don't personally trust Lego or retail here to get it right so purchased a few of them.  

This is definitely the driving factor, other than low stock. I’ve got 4 myself (2 on release day, 2 more a few weeks back) so I’m definitely part of the problem too, but not to the extent that some people are. All the sets are going to a small group of army builders for sure. I’ve seen posts from people who bought 20+ when they were able to find them, cleaning out whole stores. Also seen posts from people claiming to be friends with store owners/managers who bought the entire shipment and the sets never even made it to the shelf. 

I've seen 75280 on shelves at Myer and EB Games in the last few months, so it's definitely possible to pick up at retail albeit rarer than most sets. As you've said, I suspect army builders have been snapping them up whereas most other sets don't make much sense to buy multiples of which is why they're more visibly available.

I've never seen the 501st battlepack in Melbourne, in person. One of my friends managed to get it at day one at the lego store though. Even when I was in Queensland a few months ago I would search all the stores but I found nothing. I had to end up ordering it from Germany because I gave up looking for it. 

On 4/29/2021 at 10:42 PM, Brikkyy13 said:

I had the lockdown thing wrong, 100%, my bad. (planned to correct that in my next video) however that doesn't change the fact that every Australian commenter has claimed to see them when they came out and never again. In fact the set was decided to retire in November. That's insane, it wasn't "because it wasn't selling well". LEGO is just a stupid company from time to time. 

31 minutes ago, MandRproductions said:

I had the lockdown thing wrong, 100%, my bad. (planned to correct that in my next video) however that doesn't change the fact that every Australian commenter has claimed to see them when they came out and never again. In fact the set was decided to retire in November. That's insane, it wasn't "because it wasn't selling well". LEGO is just a stupid company from time to time. 

how do you know?

Then why is it discontinued so soon?

Im sorry for people. I got the set some time just because I wanted to buy anything. I modded the speeder; never built the walker and mostly wanted the (pretty cool) jet trooper.

If you australians ever visit Germany and have an adress to send stuff to, PM me; I dont really care so much about the figures (got too many figures anyway; mostly I would only keep the blue jetpack; ) and I also have some of the older 501 troppers.

Thank you to everyone who posted in this topic over the past year. I've created a 2022 topic for news if you find anything to contribute.