This is my very own Mini-Scale Death Star II Hangar Bay 272 Diorama MOC built of LEGO bricks: 

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJwZTU2ZCIsImtleSI6Im9fMWVo

More in-depth and movie-accurate shots of the build:

And yes, detailed step-by-step Building Instructions are available --> Instructions for the Hangar Bay

As you can probably tell by now, I do really love designing in mini-scale, which means that my builds are sized to an official LEGO® nano-scale minifig. Moreover, I love the Imperial architecture and the Galactic Empire in general :vader: ...

Before I originally had the idea to design some Star Wars ships in mini-scale (Imperial Shuttle, Millennium Falcon, X-Wing, Y-Wing, A-Wing, TIE Fighter, TIE Advanced and TIE Interceptor :wink: are already finished: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the-creatorr/), I already made a rough concept of the iconic Executive Hangar Bay 272 where Palpatine arrived in ROTJ. Such an iconic and menacing sequence in the movie! 

Now it's time to talk about some specs of this build: 

This giant display piece represents Emperor Palpatine‘s Arrival at the Death Star II from 1983‘s „Return of the Jedi“. As you can propably tell by looking at the model, it took me quite a while to design this build, especially recreating all those little details like the back wall texture. 

The black tiled front with my TCRR-logo makes for a more premium look. I'm very proud on the fact that the stripes of blue lights on the lower part of the back walls will glow if you illuminate the backside of the Hangar Bay

The Hangar contains 5403 pieces, the Imperial Shuttle 533. Measurements of the Hangar: 44,5 cm (w) / 58 cm (l) / 26,5 cm (h)

On top, the Hangar Bay is designed to accommodate my Mini-Scale Imperial Shuttle, about which I already made a topic here on eurobricks: 

What do you guys think of this build ? default_default_classic.gif I really tried to get this build to be as accurate as it possibly can ^^.

Edited by TheCreatorr

This is very well done!  It really does that scene justice.  I would like to see a similar build of the Death Star hangar from ANH with your Falcon.

This looks really good. I like the way you've done the wings on the shuttle. It doesn't have the annoying visible gears that you see on the UCS shuttle.

Edited by Csaba

On 9/15/2020 at 6:23 PM, sandtrooper said:

This is very well done!  It really does that scene justice.  I would like to see a similar build of the Death Star hangar from ANH with your Falcon.

Thanks, really appreciate it! 

In fact, I already finished designing the DS Hangar Bay 327 from ANH with my Falcon inside :wink:, but still have to make rendering pics of the build... so stay tuned for that one!

On 9/16/2020 at 1:44 PM, Csaba said:

This looks really good. I like the way you've done the wings on the shuttle. It doesn't have the annoying visible gears that you see on the UCS shuttle.

Thank you! The wing mechanism was literally the most important part for me to design, and definetly the hardest as well. It took me quite a while to come up with this final design, cause u should be able to fold the wings easily and smoothly and on top of that they had to be pretty sturdy. 

Edited by TheCreatorr