NOD

[MOC] PARAISO - MOC 21322 Barracuda Ship

50341898432_30ca5a85e2_b.jpgP01 by Philippe, auf Flickr

Cannons: 16

Swivel gun: 10

Crew: 40

50341736976_42cb91da2d_b.jpgP02 by Philippe, auf Flickr

I have extended by 2 Ship Middles and 1 stud wider left and right. The decks can be removed.

50341056838_4335122650_b.jpgP03 by Philippe, auf Flickr

I changed the slopes on the side walls to brown, which makes the ship look darker and more frightening.

50341056668_14dc066d9e_b.jpgP04 by Philippe, auf Flickr

So that the ship does not look stupid, I extended the quarterdeck and the forecastle. I made the quarterdeck a little lower compared to the original. Under the forecastle is storage space.

50341056593_592aa7fc45_b.jpgP05 by Philippe, auf Flickr

In addition, I wanted to raise the side walls on deck and have space for the boats. If the loading hatch is used, the boats have to be removed.

50341056423_29f8443f15_b.jpgP06 by Philippe, auf Flickr

I also made a companion hatch on the lower deck. It only has a ladder, because a staircase would have taken up a lot of space for the canon to be used.

50341736171_1bb16b9449_b.jpgP07 by Philippe, auf Flickr

So that it fits to the ship I changed the position of the masts. The ship was roughly divided into 3 thirds. In between came the masts. The masts had to continue below deck between the cannons so as not to restrict operation.

50341056173_5102480610_b.jpgP08 by Philippe, auf Flickr

On the deck I installed Swivel gun.

50341897282_75f2ccc555_b.jpgP09 by Philippe, auf Flickr

50341055863_971f1b6350_b.jpgP09A by Philippe, auf Flickr

The captain's cabin is now larger. There is space for a large, comfortable bed. It also has a table for meetings or eating.

50341735571_5fd9fedd9e_b.jpgP10 by Philippe, auf Flickr

50341735496_f0f702aa3d_b.jpgP10A by Philippe, auf Flickr

There is room for 16 cannons on the cannon deck. The masts are located between the cannons, this guarantees handling.

50341735301_ed9b93d732_b.jpgP11 by Philippe, auf Flickr

Because the crew is large, I also needed a good caboose with a big grill.

50341055513_3afa6e1e4a_b.jpgP12 by Philippe, auf Flickr

This is the sleeping place of the Navigator, Sailing Master, Quartermaster and Master Gunner.

50341055438_6df15255ed_b.jpgP13 by Philippe, auf Flickr

Next to the steering wheel has a compass, hourglass and the ship's bell.

50341055253_87b8d81493_b.jpgP14 by Philippe, auf Flickr

It took me a long time for the bow. I tried different variations. This looked the best.

50341734911_e4186dc3bb_b.jpgP15 by Philippe, auf Flickr

50341896397_ffb1f5029a_b.jpgP16 by Philippe, auf Flickr

50341054993_a8c2f26301_b.jpgP17 by Philippe, auf Flickr

50341896112_6ba0e9f966_b.jpgP18 by Philippe, auf Flickr

50341054758_b796713c2b_b.jpgP19 by Philippe, auf Flickr

50341734416_5c0f8340cb_b.jpgP20 by Philippe, auf Flickr

50341895787_c51204170d_b.jpgP21 by Philippe, auf Flickr

Link to the pirate crew:

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/176622-post-your-pirate-crew-pirate-figbarfs/&page=5&tab=comments#comment-3265667

Great build! Looks a lot better than the original.

Edited by JintaiZ

@NOD

Hello, I'm your first opinion from brethren of the Brick Seas, and I say this is gorgeous. I saw you had fears it was too similar to the barracuda, but this is a fantastic unique vessel. The sails and every aspect are spot on. Well done! 

Edit: for your next ship of this size, I'd recommend adding a third mast.  Moving the first one a bit forward onto the forecastle would make it better too. Thanks, I understand you can't do this now, as you've rigged it. 

Great built with rigging and sails, I like how you lengthen the forecastle and quarterdeck. One suggestion I have would be having side openings on those two areas, currently they are big black walls. 

Another colour scheme could be Nelson Chequers. 

14 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

Great build!

Thank you.

11 hours ago, Count Vroskri said:

@NOD

Hello, I'm your first opinion from brethren of the Brick Seas, and I say this is gorgeous. I saw you had fears it was too similar to the barracuda, but this is a fantastic unique vessel. The sails and every aspect are spot on. Well done! 

Edit: for your next ship of this size, I'd recommend adding a third mast.  Moving the first one a bit forward onto the forecastle would make it better too. Thanks, I understand you can't do this now, as you've rigged it. 

Thank you, the next ship will have 3 masts. My rigging on the mast is not good, I'll have to do that differently on the next ship.

6 hours ago, Wurger49 said:

Great built with rigging and sails, I like how you lengthen the forecastle and quarterdeck. One suggestion I have would be having side openings on those two areas, currently they are big black walls. 

Another colour scheme could be Nelson Chequers. 

Thank you. Side openings looks better, but the big black walls are more realistic. I could have put additional cannons there. But that would have had other disadvantages. There are many options for the color scheme.

At the figurehead a 2x3 plate is missing. This changes the angle. I plugged it in the wrong way when it fell off. Because the photo shoot, editing and selection took 6 hours, everyone will understand that I won't do it again.

Edited by NOD

3 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Thank you for sharing!

But is this ship called "PARAISO" or "P01"?

The name of the ship is PARAISO. It's the same name as the album name on Flickr. P01 - P21 are the names and order of the photos. So I can orient myself better and faster when I write a text about a photo at Eurobricks.

Great modification of the original! Very nice enlargements all around. Especially the rigging and sails do make a great enhancement.

23 hours ago, Fraunces said:

Great modification of the original! Very nice enlargements all around. Especially the rigging and sails do make a great enhancement.

Thank you.

3 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

Astonishing build, well done!

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Professor Thaum said:

A nice ship !

Are those shrouds custom made ?

Thank you. This is from Corel Model Ship the Sail Set Frigate Berlin. I adapted the masts to the sails.

1 hour ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

Nice!

I like the front.

I want to MOD the front of my Imperial Flagship into something like yours.

Can you add some more photos of the front?

Thank you. I found 2 photos that might help you.

50352368031_a9bcbc6010_b.jpgP22 by Philippe, auf Flickr

50352526297_d2bbae4642_b.jpgP23 by Philippe, auf Flickr

Thanks!

I also like the fact that you made the interior easily accessible, 10210 Imperial Flagship!

The piece that you used for mast rigging, is it official LEGO part?

Edited by Brickander Brickumnus

9 hours ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

Thanks!

I also like the fact that you made the interior easily accessible, 10210 Imperial Flagship!

The piece that you used for mast rigging, is it official LEGO part?

For the shrouds for climbing I used a mesh grid made of PE that I could cut with scissors.

Material thickness 1mm

Mesh size 10mm x 10mm

A really nice Ship NOD! I really like how you managed to built it for maximum Playability. :pir-huzzah2: Really good inspiration for a Barracuda Edit. How fortunate i have a 21322 myself. :pir-sweet:

Edited by CaptainPolluxofOrion

This is an incredible build, great inspiration since I'm looking to revamp or make a whole new ship out of the Barracuda. 

10 minutes ago, Jake77 said:

This is an incredible build

Yes, it is! I think I missed this one when you first posted it, @NOD! Impressive work!

This vessel is really a nice MOC !

You chaged enough of the original BSB to claim it a MOC IMO !

I like how you added lenght and width without being out of proportions !

Great job all over !

11 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Indeed! Have we frontpaged this one?

Not yet. I'm on it but would like to wait. FP has a main entry for a game right now. I'd like to wait a total 24 hours before posting a Pirates FP.

That is a fantastic redesign and build!

My Barracuda Bay set is still laid up until I am done having my fun with the 3in1 Pirate set (which might still be a while longer). Your mix of Lego -ship pieces and real rope rigging and sails is something I am still torn about. For now I am using the Lego pieces for 'playability'. I like hoe easy it is to place figures in the plastic rigging, but it does not look that great. At some point I might decide to go back to rope and handkerchief sails like the old days... 

I've posted in this before... But it's still brilliant. 

Congrats on your fourth frontpage! 

20 hours ago, Faladrin said:

Not yet. I'm on it but would like to wait. FP has a main entry for a game right now. I'd like to wait a total 24 hours before posting a Pirates FP.

And now you're in Frontpage !

Thank you everyone, I'm very happy!:pir-classic:

Edited by NOD