Bob

Mystery on the Excelsior - Chapter Two

6 hours ago, Hinckley said:

"If he's not dead, we're just poking around his room. He seemed like a pretty grump fellow, so I'm sure he won't appreciate this if he's alive and discovers it."

"If he's not dead, he's a prime suspect and off somewhere he doesn't belong. If he has a problem with any of this, he can have a word with me. Keep searching."

15 minutes ago, Trekkie99 said:

"OI EZRA!!! WHERE ARE YA YA WANKER?! DERE"S BEEN A F*CKING MURDER!! BET YA CUT YER HANDS ON THE TEA POT DIDN"T YA MATE?"

"You're loud and obnoxious. I might like you. Carry on."

"Anyone looked under the bed? If not, I will."

"Hmm, there's not much left to search, depending on what's found with the current actions"

Charlotte slides her hands carefully under the pillows on the bed and over the bedsheets to check for anything hidden.

"If we're thinking of moving on any time soon then I'd like to check the curiously empty room just opposite this one (1h). I'm astounded that Blue Star didn't sell, or utilise, all its rooms on a long journey such as this, so I'd like to see what, or who, is inside."

1 hour ago, Pandora said:

Charlotte slides her hands carefully under the pillows on the bed and over the bedsheets to check for anything hidden.

"OI CAREFUL!!! Probably a gun under there! Why didn't I think to check there though? That was my joke and I just lost a possible opportunity to look cool. Sh*t."

23 hours ago, Trekkie99 said:

"So what's this guy read? Manga?"

I'd like to read out loud the names of the books, as well as any noteworthy titles downloaded on his e-reader

His e-reader is full of fictional and nonfiction books, mostly about historical related subjects. There is a book written by Oliver in there, though. There doesn’t seem to be any hidden files or non-book related items on the reader though.

21 hours ago, Tariq j said:

Interesting, so Ezra appears to have left the room. I presume before the power outage? 

I'd like to check Ezra's United Earth passport for any clues. Stamps from different planets. Maybe previous places he has been. 

Ezra’s current address is listed as living in San Francisco. He is 45 years old. He has been to the Mars colony twice, but besides that his passport pages are empty. There’s nothing else of interest in the passport besides that though. 

21 hours ago, jimmynick said:

I’d like to grab a piece of paper, either one close at hand or one from the very back of the notepad. Then I would like to lay it on top of these pressure marks and take a rubbing with the pencil I keep in my jacket pocket.

This is not successful - the pressure marks are only just visible with Dr. Frost’s keen eyes. 

20 hours ago, Hinckley said:

"Was not or is not? Is he dead?"

I'd like to flip up the mattress to see if there's anything underneath it.

Or just hold it up to the light.

"If he's not dead, we're just poking around his room. He seemed like a pretty grump fellow, so I'm sure he won't appreciate this if he's alive and discovers it."

Was, is, same difference. Underneath the mattress there’s a tiny booklet that looks like an old-fashioned day timer. 

17 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

“Agreed, while his absence is unsettling, this is no crime scene and I must ask that you all respect the privacy of Mr. Parry. The question does remain however, as to his whereabouts.”

Arthur tries you recall if either Peck or Parry had anything brought into the storage hold.

You’d have to look that information up. Several passengers did bring excess luggage with them though that’s in the storage bay. 

13 hours ago, Shadows said:

"If he's not dead, he's a prime suspect and off somewhere he doesn't belong. If he has a problem with any of this, he can have a word with me. Keep searching."

"You're loud and obnoxious. I might like you. Carry on."

"Anyone looked under the bed? If not, I will."

Like the last room, the bed is bolted to the floor and it’s not possible to check underneath it. 

2 hours ago, Pandora said:

"Hmm, there's not much left to search, depending on what's found with the current actions"

"If we're thinking of moving on any time soon then I'd like to check the curiously empty room just opposite this one (1h). I'm astounded that Blue Star didn't sell, or utilise, all its rooms on a long journey such as this, so I'd like to see what, or who, is inside."

You can’t see or feel anything of note underneath the bedding. 

15 minutes ago, Bob said:

Was, is, same difference. Underneath the mattress there’s a tiny booklet that looks like an old-fashioned day timer.

Whatever a day timer is, I'd like to read it.

7 hours ago, Pandora said:

"I'm not sure how he would have gained access without a key, unless he stowed himself during the blackout. It's not uncustomary for us to hold a room in the case of foreign dignitary or other last minute guest wanting to join. We can certainly check the room though."

49 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

unless he stowed himself during the blackout.

"Bingo. We established that doors open when the power goes out, so this is a very real possibility."

Emily curses under her breath at her failure to tease information from the notepad. "@Fugazi Doctor Wotsit, maybe you'll have better luck."

On 9/16/2020 at 6:17 PM, Bob said:

It seems they're losing lottery tickets and the race is also one that's been lost.

On 9/19/2020 at 2:48 PM, jimmynick said:

Emily POKE the tablet/computer thingy on the desk, hoping she can get in without a password. If she is prompted for a password, she chooses to enter 'EZ24'

On 9/20/2020 at 5:19 AM, Bob said:

The paper is a series of numbers. It would appear to be a banking sort code. 

Out of curiosity, I enter the lotto numbers, the dates of the race, and the code as datapad passwords.

Hopefully this can be one action...

6 hours ago, Hinckley said:

Whatever a day timer is, I'd like to read it.

It's a sort of daily planner with calendars. It seems to be mostly empty, with a few key dates circled, including yesterday's date when everyone boarded, today's date, a date for three days from now, and the date for when the ship arrives on Alpha Centauri. 

22 minutes ago, Lind Whisperer said:

Out of curiosity, I enter the lotto numbers, the dates of the race, and the code as datapad passwords.

Hopefully this can be one action...

None of these work.

It's getting late in the day after a full day of investigating. We'll be returning to the lounge to discuss today's proceedings and also pick somewhere to go for the next chapter. 

15 minutes ago, Bob said:

.It's getting late in the day after a full day of investigating. We'll be returning to the lounge to discuss today's proceedings and also pick somewhere to go for the next chapter. 

"If anyone wants to return to the lounge we can get drinks and dinner going, hopefully Mr. Parry turns up soon. We should also think about doing something about Mr. Peck before he starts to smell."

51 minutes ago, Bob said:

It's a sort of daily planner with calendars. It seems to be mostly empty, with a few key dates circled, including yesterday's date when everyone boarded, today's date, a date for three days from now, and the date for when the ship arrives on Alpha Centauri.

Is there anything written on these days that are circled?

26 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

"We'll probably be passing a star which Ezra plans to implode to create a shockwave which will steer a mysterious space ribbon thingie, which takes you to happy land if it crashes into you, in the direction of a planet we'll be visiting as well so he can get off there and get back to his happy land." 

2 hours ago, Bob said:

It's getting late in the day after a full day of investigating. We'll be returning to the lounge to discuss today's proceedings and also pick somewhere to go for the next chapter. 

"I don't know what I'm drinking, but make mine a double."

"Also, put out a ship-wide alert to arrest Ezra on sight. Wherever he is and whatever he's doing, he doesn't belong there."

Can I have a look at the notepad before we go? Just in case I manage to decipher any of those markings.

On 9/18/2020 at 5:44 PM, Bob said:

AEkTCC1.png

Room Key:
1a: Jack Mallory
1b: Sophie Young
1c: Charlie Seymour
1d: Oliver Hudson
1e: Alfie Peck
1f: Logan Frost
1g: Ezra Parry
1h: vacant

2a: Charlotte Sawyer
2b: George and Emily Dawson

Let's search the kitchen!

10 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"If anyone wants to return to the lounge we can get drinks and dinner going, hopefully Mr. Parry turns up soon. We should also think about doing something about Mr. Peck before he starts to smell."

"I can make room for his body in the kitchen's walk in freezer."

11 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Yes please. I think I need a good drink and a sit down after all this investigating. 

"I suppose I am happy to return to the lounge for the time being since it seems we have explored as much as we can in Ezra's room." Emily glances at her watch, shocked that the time coordinate is only 17. "Bit early, though, don't you think?"

She pauses, looking inward, wondering whether to share. "I actually had a bit of a daydream about Ezra. We found him dead, leaning against the wall in an alcove, probably in Engineering or something, dressed like the Easter Bunny!" A shiver runs up Emily's spine. "Brrrrrrrr!"

Emily takes the datapad and puts it in her purse. She wants to have it on hand when they find Ezra, and in the meantime would like to try Alfie's fingerprints on it.

7 hours ago, Hinckley said:

"Maybe we'll find some scooby-snacks in the kitchen while we're at it, to help us solve this mystery! I know I dreamed about Engineering but a dream's a dream and we have to get everywhere at some point. Kitchen is fine by me."

15 hours ago, Hinckley said:

Strangely no. There’s space for notes, but nothing written besides the circled dates. It’s also odd that Ezra is using an old-fashioned day timer instead of a modern day tablet or virtual planner for such a thing.

12 hours ago, Fugazi said:

Can I have a look at the notepad before we go? Just in case I manage to decipher any of those markings.

The markings are very faint, but they appear to be numbers. You can’t make out which ones. 

4 hours ago, jimmynick said:

Emily takes the datapad and puts it in her purse. She wants to have it on hand when they find Ezra, and in the meantime would like to try Alfie's fingerprints on it.

As Alfie’s body is being taken to the walk-in freezer, Emily tries his fingerprint on the tablet. She’s unsuccessful and so puts it in her purse. 

There’s been a suggestion to check the kitchens. If there’s no other suggestions, the chapter will end and the new one will begin to search them. If there’s other suggestions, I’ll give us about eight hours to make them and then we’ll hold our vote. 

6 hours ago, Kristel said:

"I can make room for his body in the kitchen's walk in freezer."

13 hours ago, Hinckley said:

"Seems convenient enough, thank you Chef."

Arthur helps to move the body and investigate the kitchen.

3 hours ago, Bob said:

There’s been a suggestion to check the kitchens. If there’s no other suggestions, the chapter will end and the new one will begin to search them. If there’s other suggestions, I’ll give us about eight hours to make them and then we’ll hold our vote. 

1 hour ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Seems convenient enough, thank you Chef."

Arthur helps to move the body and investigate the kitchen.

7 hours ago, Bob said:

"Didn't we search the kitchen earlier before going to look for Alfie? Maybe not, but I thought we did and it was 'a messy kitchen' or something like that because of the shakeup.  Anyway, that seems fine to me if we haven't already done it."

If anyone has any private actions they'd like to do, you may PM them to me. Some people have been taking full advantage of private actions. As long as it's nothing ridiculous, I'll see if it can happen.

I'd like to help move Alfie's corpse to the freezer so I can check under his sheets and mattress. @Bob