Bob

Mystery on the Excelsior - Chapter Two

37 minutes ago, Fugazi said:

Him. I meant him. He's a he, is he?

"The name 'Ezra' tends to be used for men."

Emily screws up her face and reminds herself not to SMASH.

Now that Gabriella has pushed the door open, I would like to enter the room and see if Ezra is inside.

4 hours ago, Hinckley said:

I would like to push the unlocked door open :hmpf:

K2HPmsO.jpg

This is what you see. Like the last room, there's a bathroom and a closet on either side of the room. Both of those doors are shut. You do not see Ezra anywhere. 

Seymour enter the room. 

"Good lord, what's happened in here? I'd like to check the inside the drawers for any evidence"

4 hours ago, Fugazi said:

Him. I meant him. He's a he, is he?

Yes. I think so. Though Colin is a he. At least I think he is or she :oh:

Emily makes a shocked face *oh2* at the lack of Ezra in the stateroom. "No wonder I didn't get that martini I wanted if he's just upped sticks!"

Emily POKE the tablet/computer thingy on the desk, hoping she can get in without a password. If she is prompted for a password, she chooses to enter 'EZ24'

I'd like to open the bathroom door and enter to see if Ezra is in there, as well as see what else might be in there

"Oi someone check da closet egh?"

4 minutes ago, Trekkie99 said:

"I'll pop open the closet."

I would like to inspect the fallen floor lamp. Looking for anything out of the ordinary. Fingerprints, blood?

On 9/18/2020 at 11:01 PM, Kristel said:

Thinks to himself that food from a replicator would be like eggs done in a microwave, and wonders why Charlotte seems to think that this particular one would be delivering perfect meals every time.  Does she know more about this patent than she is letting on?  Turns to Charlotte and says, "You're welcome to take your chances on a food replicator.  I'm sticking to the real thing."

"Well, that would depend on how faithfully the food replicator would be able to replicate one of your fine dishes, for instance. If I could dine on your repertoire at home, I need not spend money at your restaurant, for instance. Anyway, it's just something to bear in mind." Charlotte trails off, more talking to herself "I suppose it's also possible that someone might want such a device, if it exists, for altruistic reasons; to feed a large group of hungry people perhaps. Hmmm."

Charlotte moves with the others to Ezra's room.

10 hours ago, jimmynick said:

Emily makes a shocked face *oh2* at the lack of Ezra in the stateroom. "No wonder I didn't get that martini I wanted if he's just upped sticks!"

Emily POKE the tablet/computer thingy on the desk, hoping she can get in without a password. If she is prompted for a password, she chooses to enter 'EZ24'

"Emily, Mr Parry is a fellow passenger, he doesn't work here! :hmpf: "

Charlotte moves to search the rest of the desk, simultaneously keeping a close eye on Emily to make sure she doesn't smash anything or delete anything. :hmpf_bad:

"We are all here aren't we? Nobody has tried to slope off somewhere have they?"

13 hours ago, Tariq j said:

Seymour enter the room. 

"Good lord, what's happened in here? I'd like to check the inside the drawers for any evidence"

Yes. I think so. Though Colin is a he. At least I think he is or she :oh:

The bedside table drawers are mostly empty save for a few sponsored pamphlets on Alpha Centauri leisure activities. 

13 hours ago, jimmynick said:

It is password protected. It's also got a fingerprint and retinal scanner features as well. The password that Emily uses is not successful.

12 hours ago, Trekkie99 said:

I'd like to open the bathroom door and enter to see if Ezra is in there, as well as see what else might be in there

The bathroom is completely barren except for a few Blue Star toiletries that come with the room. Like all bathrooms on the ship, there's the toilet, shower, cabinet, etc. Ezra is not in the bathroom.

12 hours ago, Shadows said:

"I'll pop open the closet."

It doesn't appear that Ezra is in the closet either. It also seems that he hasn't started to unpack his suitcases. There's two of them on the floor that are unopened.

10 hours ago, Hinckley said:

I'd like to search the drawers.

Gabriella searches the desk drawers. She doesn't find anything too revealing except for a crumpled up piece of paper. 

9 hours ago, Fugazi said:

I would like to inspect the fallen floor lamp. Looking for anything out of the ordinary. Fingerprints, blood?

The floor lamp doesn't seem to have anything out of the ordinary on it. It's likely that it fell during the power outage in which a lot of the ship's furniture shifted around the room and was not picked back up again.

7 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Arthur checks the bed to see if it had been disturbed yet.

"I don't know whether to be worried or relieved there isn't another body."

The bed is mostly undisturbed, apart from the area where the lamp had fallen upon it.

2 hours ago, Pandora said:

Charlotte moves to search the rest of the desk, simultaneously keeping a close eye on Emily to make sure she doesn't smash anything or delete anything. :hmpf_bad:

Charlotte keeps a close eye on Emily while inspecting the lamp. The top of the desk has the tablet and the lamp on it, along with a small travel bag. There's also an unused notepad. 

2 minutes ago, Bob said:

The bathroom is completely barren except for a few Blue Star toiletries that come with the room. Like all bathrooms on the ship, there's the toilet, shower, cabinet, etc. Ezra is not in the bathroom.

"Wat we got in dese cabinets ere aye mate?"

I'd like to open the bathroom cabinet(s) and check the contents inside. I'd also like to quickly open the shower curtain and scream while making a scary face in a attempt to scare a possibly hiding Ezra lol

32 minutes ago, Bob said:

Gabriella searches the desk drawers. She doesn't find anything too revealing except for a crumpled up piece of paper.

Emily picks up & unfolds the paper, reading the contents aloud for the benefit of those present.

46 minutes ago, Trekkie99 said:

"Wat we got in dese cabinets ere aye mate?"

I'd like to open the bathroom cabinet(s) and check the contents inside. I'd also like to quickly open the shower curtain and scream while making a scary face in a attempt to scare a possibly hiding Ezra lol

The bathroom medicine cabinet is empty except for a toothbrush. Ezra is also not behind the shower curtain.

19 minutes ago, jimmynick said:

Emily picks up & unfolds the paper, reading the contents aloud for the benefit of those present.

The paper is a series of numbers. It would appear to be a banking sort code. 

57 minutes ago, Bob said:

along with a small travel bag.

I'd like to open and check the contents of the travel bag

"Someone check the two suitcases and under the lamp."

I would like to check the first page of the unused notepad for pen pressure marks from a previous note.

57 minutes ago, Trekkie99 said:

I'd like to open and check the contents of the travel bag

"Someone check the two suitcases and under the lamp."

The travel bag has some pain reliever medicine in it, as well as what appear to be some toiletries and a few writing implements. 

16 minutes ago, jimmynick said:

Emily opens Ezra’s suitcases and pokes around in them.

The suitcases mostly contain clothes and other vacation-related items. There's a brochure inside for a hotel on Alpha Centauri as well as a return ticket back to Earth on the Blue Star Line, scheduled for a few weeks from now. By the amount of clothing inside the bag, it would confirm that Ezra was not intending on staying on Alpha Centauri for a long time. There's also some books as well as an e-reader that does not have a passcode. He's also got his United Earth Passport. 

10 minutes ago, Fugazi said:

I would like to check the first page of the unused notepad for pen pressure marks from a previous note.

Years of being old fashioned and writing prescriptions by hand help Dr. Frost determine that there are indeed pen pressure marks from a previous note. 

38 minutes ago, Bob said:

There's also some books as well as an e-reader that does not have a passcode. He's also got his United Earth Passport. 

"So what's this guy read? Manga?"

I'd like to read out loud the names of the books, as well as any noteworthy titles downloaded on his e-reader

Interesting, so Ezra appears to have left the room. I presume before the power outage? 

I'd like to check Ezra's United Earth passport for any clues. Stamps from different planets. Maybe previous places he has been. 

3 hours ago, Bob said:

Years of being old fashioned and writing prescriptions by hand help Dr. Frost determine that there are indeed pen pressure marks from a previous note. 

I’d like to grab a piece of paper, either one close at hand or one from the very back of the notepad. Then I would like to lay it on top of these pressure marks and take a rubbing with the pencil I keep in my jacket pocket.

4 hours ago, Bob said:

By the amount of clothing inside the bag, it would confirm that Ezra was not intending on staying on Alpha Centauri for a long time.

"Was not or is not? Is he dead?"

I'd like to flip up the mattress to see if there's anything underneath it.

35 minutes ago, jimmynick said:

I’d like to grab a piece of paper, either one close at hand or one from the very back of the notepad. Then I would like to lay it on top of these pressure marks and take a rubbing with the pencil I keep in my jacket pocket.

Or just hold it up to the light.

"If he's not dead, we're just poking around his room. He seemed like a pretty grump fellow, so I'm sure he won't appreciate this if he's alive and discovers it."

“Agreed, while his absence is unsettling, this is no crime scene and I must ask that you all respect the privacy of Mr. Parry. The question does remain however, as to his whereabouts.”

Arthur tries you recall if either Peck or Parry had anything brought into the storage hold.

6 hours ago, Hinckley said:

"If he's not dead, we're just poking around his room. He seemed like a pretty grump fellow, so I'm sure he won't appreciate this if he's alive and discovers it." 

Maybe we should trying calling him on the intercom or whatever this ship is equipped with.

3 minutes ago, Fugazi said:

Maybe we should trying calling him on the intercom or whatever this ship is equipped with.

"OI EZRA!!! WHERE ARE YA YA WANKER?! DERE"S BEEN A F*CKING MURDER!! BET YA CUT YER HANDS ON THE TEA POT DIDN"T YA MATE?"