Bob

Mystery on the Excelsior - Chapter Two

8 minutes ago, Bob said:

"Alfie - 

We urge you not to ignore us anymore and to reconsider our very generous offer. We could combine our research together and create an even better product. Please reconsider before you make any rash decisions. 

- Your Friends" 

I read allowed the letter for everyone to hear.

"I wonder who his friends are. They don't sound very friendly. I was hoping this might be a handwritten love letter but it seems to be more like a threat."

After folding the letter back into the envelope, I turn the drawer upright and set the envelope inside.

"Is this where we want to collect evidence? Seems like a good enough place as any."

3 minutes ago, Shadows said:

Why do we even have grease now?

Yeah did you ever see Laforge going around with a can of grease painting the warp core? No, of course not."

13 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

@Bob "Odd, because I checked with the sensor logs (AKA Bob) and they show that I was alone in Engineering until the systems were restored, which was I told I did on my own, and that Captain Bennett joined me after that. Weird, really weird."

Modnote: I doublechecked what you'd said and what I'd said in response. I had replied that you were the only one in engineering initially before being joined by Bennett and the bridge crew. Bennett and the bridge crew joined you as you were finishing restoring main power, which is why they were able to help you with the FTL drive and with ensuring main power was properly restored. Or something. It might've been an oversight. :blush:

10 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

I'd like to put the remaining pieces of the teapot into a bag (which I always carry, in case I need to transport a greasy part from Engineering and don't dare risk getting oil on the guest's clothes, and of course I'm still wearing my gloves) and keep them on my person so that nobody will take them, because I will kick their ass if they try.

I'd like to search Alfie's suitcases, please.

Gabriella keeps the teapot pieces nice and safe.

Alfie has several suitcases in his closet. They contain normal vacation objects such as clothes, toiletries, leisure equipment, and various unimportant items. There's also a briefcase that appears to be locked with a combination or a fingerprint unlock feature.

8 minutes ago, Trekkie99 said:

I'd like to inspect the pockets of the clothes on hangars and in the shelves for any contents inside them, and the contents of the suitcase.

There's nothing too much inside the pockets of the clothes on the hangers except for some loose scrap papers with nothing on them, a few tissues, and some old fashioned coins. 

6 minutes ago, Shadows said:

Why do we even have grease now? There are only like 12 moving parts on the whole ship that aren't based on electromagnetism and energy fields. Oh well, I'm glad I thought that and didn't say it.

"Good job, Gabby."

Shush, you.

49 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

"Speaking of trampling evidence, if the teapot was used to kill Alfie, then Emily has just destroyed it. 

I'd like to have a closer look at the body to confirm cause of death.

2 minutes ago, Kristel said:

I'd like to have a closer look at the body to confirm cause of death.

It would appear that the cause of death was a mixture of blunt-force trauma and a stabbing. 

Just now, Bob said:

and some old fashioned coins. 

"Holy sh*t he's a time traveler."

AlienatedCloudyEquestrian-size_restricte

4 minutes ago, Bob said:

There's also a briefcase that appears to be locked with a combination or a fingerprint unlock feature.

I'd like to bring the locked suitcase to Alfie and use his cold dead finger on the fingerprint scanner to unlock the suitcase.

"Sorry kids, we gotta do this while there's still some warmth in the body."

Starting with the thumb of Alfie's right hand, I'd like to try all of his fingers and thumbs on the lock for the briefcase. I'm not forgetting about that frog either, but since we can only do one at a time...

Thinks out aloud "Teapot explains the blunt force trauma, but w appear to be missing a knife."

I'd like to see what is under the bed.

*we

Just now, Hinckley said:

I'm not forgetting about that frog either

"Oh yeah, I'm sus it's a spycam."

Just now, Kristel said:

but w appear to be missing a knife."

"Teapot shard?"

1 minute ago, Trekkie99 said:

"Teapot shard?"

"Since I'm still inspecting under the bed and can't multi-task, maybe you can have a closer look at the stab wound to see if we can tell whether it is likely from a sharp blade or something more like the shard?"

3 minutes ago, Trekkie99 said:

"Well then, inspect it while I'm busy with the briefcase!!! :wall::wall::wall: "

"Or fucking paint something if you're just going to be worthless."

Gabriella remembers that other humans have feelings and feels terrible about yelling at Oliver.

"I'm sorry, dipshit. Will you please look at the fucking frog already? Thank you."

1 minute ago, Kristel said:

maybe you can have a closer look at the stab wound to see if we can tell whether it is likely from a sharp blade or something more like the shard?"

Just now, Hinckley said:

"Well then, inspect it while I'm busy with the briefcase!!! :wall::wall::wall: "

"Or megablocking paint something if you're just going to be worthless."

Gabriella remembers that other humans have feelings and feels terrible about yelling at Oliver.

"I'm sorry, dipshit. Will you please look at the megablocking frog already? Thank you."

10 minutes ago, Trekkie99 said:

I'd like to bring the locked suitcase to Alfie and use his cold dead finger on the fingerprint scanner to unlock the suitcase.

:grin:

2 minutes ago, Trekkie99 said:

:grin:

"Oh fine, make me look like the asshole. :blush: "

"Don't make me like you. Nobody's my friend when my ship has been sabotaged."

I'd like to further inspect this stupid frog as I only got a generic description the first freakin' time.

1 minute ago, Trekkie99 said:

"Oi not in fronta da cap ya bloomin mad is ya?

"The Excelsior is my baby and the Captain's wife. So I'm the Captain's mother-in-law. And I 100% approve of their lesbian union."

Just now, Hinckley said:

"The Excelsior is my baby and the Captain's wife. So I'm the Captain's mother-in-law. And I 100% approve of their lesbian union."

Aye lassie. You done taken good care of her. And you still is to make sure she and the Cap have a happy life together. It bout bring a man to tears. I'll have to paint a pic of you walking the Exselsior down the aisle to her beloved wife.

4 minutes ago, Trekkie99 said:

Aye lassie. You done taken good care of her. And you still is to make sure she and the Cap have a happy life together. It bout bring a man to tears. I'll have to paint a pic of you walking the Exselsior down the aisle to her beloved wife.

" :wub: "

Gabriella is speechless with emotion. She suddenly experiences the severe medical condition of having hearts sprout out of her head.

WTF?? :wub:

Just now, Hinckley said:

She suddenly experiences the severe medical condition of having hearts sprout out of her head.

WTF?? :wub:

The doctors head jerks upwards in alertness. His head whips in the direction of Gabby, and bolts towards her mowing down everything & everyone in his path

"Would you like some PIIIIILLS??????!!!!!!"

44 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

"Now you've just gone and made it weird."

1 hour ago, Darkdragon said:

I read allowed the letter for everyone to hear.

"I wonder who his friends are. They don't sound very friendly. I was hoping this might be a handwritten love letter but it seems to be more like a threat."

After folding the letter back into the envelope, I turn the drawer upright and set the envelope inside.

"Is this where we want to collect evidence? Seems like a good enough place as any."

"Perhaps it might make sense at some point to transport the body to the kitchen, the cold storage should keep it from smelling too bad."

Arthur inspects the body as to whether the stab was to the corpse's front or back.

1 hour ago, Trekkie99 said:

"Do you have any exsperience inspecting frog paper weights for hidden cameras Cap?"

"That particular skill has never come up before. I suppose we could simply scan it for electronics and potentially identify the type fairly easily."

*wipes some grease off the handheld scanner before trying to use it on the frog*

Well, though I haven't stitched a wound in 40 years, I'm still a doctor.

I would like to examine the body in order to fill out the death certificate. Surely there's a medical kit with some rubber gloves on the ship? If I can fetch my stethoscope and penlight from my room, we would be all set.

Unless you have more advanced tech on this ship, that is.

8 minutes ago, Shadows said:

*wipes some grease off the handheld scanner before trying to use it on the frog*

:rofl:

"That shit gets everywhere. Like sand for a Jedi."