Bob

Mystery on the Excelsior - Chapter Two

22 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

"What things? By the time you arrived in Engineering, the FTL drive had been fixed."

"You'd have to ask the narrator that, I didn't actually touch anything." :laugh:

24 minutes ago, Trekkie99 said:

"What you mean like my tab that I never payed?" Laughs

"We have your financial information on file, you'll pay."

"While I'm checking out that frog, someone should definitely look into what that white tile is under the drawer."

2 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

"While I'm checking out that frog, someone should definitely look into what that white tile is under the drawer."

I got you fam.

20 minutes ago, Trekkie99 said:

I'd like to inspect the contents of the two nightstand drawers.

Unless it's not included since it's not in the drawer anymore lol.

4 minutes ago, Shadows said:

"We have your financial information"

"That's my dad's."

I will head over to inspect the overturned drawer near the foot of the bed.

"There seems to be a lot of blood over here, maybe we should clear a path back before trampling all over any evidence."

19 minutes ago, jimmynick said:

Emily smashes the teapot she noticed was missing from the lounge.

*oh2* "Why would you do such a thing!?"

Arthur prepares to offer to open the door as Oliver rams into it. "Mr. Hudson, if you could please refrain from damaging the ship, that would be appreciated." As Gabriella opens the door, the smell of blood enters the hall. Arthur's eyes widen slightly at the grizzly scene, "Gods!" The steward's shock lasts only for a minute as passengers start stuffing into the rooms to examine things. "Please ladies and gentlemen, I really must ask you to take care not to disturb anything."

35 minutes ago, jimmynick said:

"Mrs. Dawson, please!"

46 minutes ago, Bob said:

4HM4d8q.jpg

"Someone call the Space Police!" 

"Indeed." Arthur turns to Bennett, "Captain, are we able to get a message to the authorities?"

Arthur nudges open the closet door to inspect inside and intending to see if Mr. Peck was still in the same clothes as last night or had changed. 

17 minutes ago, Darkdragon said:

"There seems to be a lot of blood over here, maybe we should clear a path back before trampling all over any evidence."

"Speaking of trampling evidence, if the teapot was used to kill Alfie, then Emily has just destroyed it. I thought she was being clever and continuing her earlier habit of breaking the lamps, but now I'm not so sure. I hope the remaining shards are big enough to search for fingerprints, if we ever end up with the capability to do so. I highly recommend the Captain place Mrs. Dawson under arrest."

23 minutes ago, Darkdragon said:

"Yeah someone grab it before she breaks it."

(That woks right?)

Just now, Trekkie99 said:

"Yeah someone grab it before she breaks it."

(That woks right?)

Worth a shot.

I'd like to don gloves and grab the teapot from the crazed Emily before she smashes it.

Just now, Hinckley said:

"Speaking of trampling evidence, if the teapot was used to kill Alfie, then Emily has just destroyed it. I thought she was being clever and continuing her earlier habit of breaking the lamps, but now I'm not so sure. I hope the remaining shards are big enough to search for fingerprints, if we ever end up with the capability to do so. I highly recommend the Captain place Mrs. Dawson under arrest."

"I'm pretty sure that if the teapot could do that much damage to Alfie, it would have broken before now. No one is being arrested. Yet."

*inhales deeply before continuing*

"HOWEVER, the lack of respect for Blue Star property about this ship is disgraceful. I would ask if you all were raised in a zoo, but thus far, Colin has been better behaved than anyone. Until he eats someone, at least, and at this point, some of you might not be missed. Just know that every last thing you needlessly break, every stolen bottle of wine, every mess you make, I'll be watching you. And billing you. Or your daddy, for the brats amongst you. I don't care, someone will pay!"

*mutters to her self* "About? Aboard."

Just now, Shadows said:

"HOWEVER, the lack of respect for Blue Star property about this ship is disgraceful. I would ask if you all were raised in a zoo, but thus far, Colin has been better behaved than anyone. Until he eats someone, at least, and at this point, some of you might not be missed. Just know that every last thing you needlessly break, every stolen bottle of wine, every mess you make, I'll be watching you. And billing you. Or your daddy, for the brats amongst you. I don't care, someone will pay!"

"Good thinking, Captain!"

"Dr. Dawson, @Tariq j would Colin be able to help us sniff out clues?"

52 minutes ago, Trekkie99 said:

"Holy F*CK!!!" *oh2*

"This guy's gotta major strawberry jelly fetish."

I'd like to inspect the contents of the two nightstand drawers.

The two nightstand drawers seem to have been ripped out of their holders, as though whoever was going through them was doing so in a hurry. There's a large chipped off piece of the pot inside one of the drawers with some blood on it and some blood near it. The other one is overtuirned against the wall.

46 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

I'd like to inspect the dark bley frog.

It's a little statue of a frog that's likely used as a paper weight, or a decorative feature.

45 minutes ago, jimmynick said:

Emily smashes the teapot into several different pieces, see below.

34 minutes ago, Shadows said:

"You'd have to ask the narrator that, I didn't actually touch anything." :laugh:

"We have your financial information on file, you'll pay."

Captain Bennett's hands are greasy because she helped you with the FTL drive and with restoring main power.

23 minutes ago, Darkdragon said:

I will head over to inspect the overturned drawer near the foot of the bed.

The overturned drawer is covering up an opened envelope. The letter is still inside it. It's very old-fashioned, perhaps someone didn't want what's on it to be electronically recorded?

2 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Arthur nudges open the closet door to inspect inside and intending to see if Mr. Peck was still in the same clothes as last night or had changed. 

It seems that Alfie had barely been on the ship long enough to fully unpack. There's some clothes on the hangers and in the shelves, but his suitcases are still largely unpacked. He is indeed still in the clothes he was wearing that night.

1 minute ago, Hinckley said:

Worth a shot.

I'd like to don gloves and grab the teapot from the crazed Emily before she smashes it.

Unfortunately, you're unable to stop the crazed Emily before she smashes the teapot, however you are able to stop her before she can completely destroy it. The teapot is now in about a dozen or more different pieces on the floor.

6 minutes ago, Bob said:

The overturned drawer is covering up an opened envelope. The letter is still inside it. It's very old-fashioned, perhaps someone didn't want what's on it to be electronically recorded?

I'd like to read the letter, as well as anything that may be written on the envelope.

6 minutes ago, Bob said:

I will carefully pull the letter out and open it and read it.

"Hey everyone, I found a letter here. It's written on paper and a paper envelope and everything. How romantic, the past is never really gone if we keep it going."

7 minutes ago, Bob said:

Unfortunately, you're unable to stop the crazed Emily before she smashes the teapot, however you are able to stop her before she can completely destroy it. The teapot is now in about a dozen or more different pieces on the floor.

@Hinckley "Probably best to use one of the nightstand drawers as a container to put the pieces in using your gloved hands Gabby."

8 minutes ago, Bob said:

It seems that Alfie had barely been on the ship long enough to fully unpack. There's some clothes on the hangers and in the shelves, but his suitcases are still largely unpacked. He is indeed still in the clothes he was wearing that night.

"Either Mr. Peck was up late, or preferred to sleep in his day clothes, which means he passed early in the night..."

Just now, Darkdragon said:

"Hey everyone, I found a letter here. It's written on paper and a paper envelope and everything. How romantic, the past is never really gone if we keep it going."

"Perhaps out of courtesy for the dead, you should read it Ms. Young before elaborating."

Suspecting the same, Arthur looks into the bathroom expecting it to be similar to the state of the closet.

11 minutes ago, Bob said:

"Someone check the pockets of the clothes hanging up and the contents of the suitcase. Best to wait on the body though IMO."

13 minutes ago, Bob said:

There's a large chipped off piece of the pot inside one of the drawers with some blood on it and some blood near it.

"Murder weapon? Grab that one too Gabby."

Just now, Waterbrick Down said:

"Perhaps out of courtesy for the dead, you should read it Ms. Young before elaborating."

"He's not coming back and he clearly wasn't the easily embarrassed sort, look at what he was wearing. I vote for reading it out loud, I'm curious."

17 minutes ago, Bob said:

Captain Bennett's hands are greasy because she helped you with the FTL drive and with restoring main power.

@Bob "Odd, because I checked with the sensor logs (AKA Bob) and they show that I was alone in Engineering until the systems were restored, which was I told I did on my own, and that Captain Bennett joined me after that. Weird, really weird."

2 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Suspecting the same, Arthur looks into the bathroom expecting it to be similar to the state of the closet.

"Probably best to go together to the bathroom. Stranger danger am I right? We should check it after we've checked everything in this room first IMO."

3 minutes ago, Trekkie99 said:

I'd like to read the letter, as well as anything that may be written on the envelope.

2 minutes ago, Darkdragon said:

The envelope is unmarked, with nothing discernable written on it. The letter, however, was written using a computer and not by hand. It reads as follows:

"Alfie - 

We urge you not to ignore us anymore and to reconsider our very generous offer. We could combine our research together and create an even better product. Please reconsider before you make any rash decisions. 

- Your Friends" 

Just now, Waterbrick Down said:

"Either Mr. Peck was up late, or preferred to sleep in his day clothes, which means he passed early in the night..."

The bathroom also appears to be barren. The bathroom itself is the standard one in all rooms. There's a toilet, a large bath/shower, a sink with a medicine cabinet, and a mirror. There's also space to keep towels and other toiletries. It appears that Alfie was in the process of unpacking for this room as well.

I'd like to put the remaining pieces of the teapot into a bag (which I always carry, in case I need to transport a greasy part from Engineering and don't dare risk getting oil on the guest's clothes, and of course I'm still wearing my gloves) and keep them on my person so that nobody will take them, because I will kick their ass if they try.

I'd like to search Alfie's suitcases, please.

I'd like to inspect the pockets of the clothes on hangars and in the shelves for any contents inside them, and the contents of the suitcase.

1 minute ago, Hinckley said:

I'd like to put the remaining pieces of the teapot into a bag (which I always carry, in case I need to transport a greasy part from Engineering and don't dare risk getting oil on the guest's clothes

Why do we even have grease now? There are only like 12 moving parts on the whole ship that aren't based on electromagnetism and energy fields. Oh well, I'm glad I thought that and didn't say it.

"Good job, Gabby."

On 9/7/2020 at 2:33 PM, Bob said:

dWj3VGR.jpg

"Well, I can't really reveal what I'm about to invent lately! It's top secret! That sounds dangerous as well! Will the conduit explode or something? As for Oliver Hudson, I've heard of one of his paintings before."

On 9/7/2020 at 5:54 PM, Bob said:

dWj3VGR.jpg

"Oh, sorry! I have experience in holographic technology! I don't think it's anything that you've heard of as an FTL engineer, though. And what do you mean? I am in the lounge. We all are."

"So someone was trying to get Alfie to combine forces, something to do with holographic technology. Maybe an artist? Maybe a zoologist? Maybe a bitch lawyer?"

"Why was I the only person who questioned the NPCs??? I was too busy to follow up. :facepalm: Yes, I spoke facepalm."

Just now, Shadows said:

Why do we even have grease now? There are only like 12 moving parts on the whole ship that aren't based on electromagnetism and energy fields. Oh well, I'm glad I thought that and didn't say it.

"Good job, Gabby."

"I know, right? Thank you, Captain! :blush: "

12 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

5 minutes ago, Bob said:

The bathroom also appears to be barren. The bathroom itself is the standard one in all rooms. There's a toilet, a large bath/shower, a sink with a medicine cabinet, and a mirror. There's also space to keep towels and other toiletries. It appears that Alfie was in the process of unpacking for this room as well.

"Well best to check everything while you're in there Artie boy. Any unpacked luggage in there as well?"