Sign in to follow this  
PirateRoberts

(MOC) Castle on the Rock

Hello @PirateRoberts and welcome to Eurobricks! Thanks for bringing your best game with this castle! It's got a great classic feel with the rectilinear lines and the open back that I absolutely love, and you've paid enough attention to the walls to liven up the texture. I really like that you've recessed some of the windows and built arrow loops into the gate house and keep, and the hammerbeam roof in the great hall is a simple yet wonderful architectural feature.

Again, welcome to the board, and with this MOC you're really making an entrance. Congratulations!

Very nice castle.  I like all the interior rooms, very detailed.  I like the red roofs, but if you had enough slopes in dark blue or regular blue that would nicely match the figs coloring.  

10 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Very nice castle.  I like all the interior rooms, very detailed.  I like the red roofs, but if you had enough slopes in dark blue or regular blue that would nicely match the figs coloring.  

I agree, a different color roof scheme would have matched the figs much better. 

I need to buy a bunch of roof bricks in other colors. 

Very nice classic-style build with a little bit of more modern technique sprinkled in.  Nice (and fun) interiors as well.  :classic:

8 hours ago, PirateRoberts said:

I need to buy a bunch of roof bricks in other colors. 

So do I.  I have some red, blue, black and grey.  But I need a wider variety and more probably going to need a B&P order soon.  I really like the dark blue for roof colors on the light or dark grey.  

On 9/13/2020 at 12:48 PM, PirateRoberts said:

Not that you were asking for my opinion, but I think the red roofs make the castle just a little bit livelier than it could be otherwise, and gives it an especially classic feel that works well with the rectangular proportions.

On 9/13/2020 at 1:23 AM, PirateRoberts said:

Thank you, I have a Forestmen MOC that ill be uploading soon as well as some pirate stuff. 

Looking forward to seeing these!