Ami Tavory

Uses for the 7X11 Liftarm Frame

Hello,

A couple of uses for 7X11 liftarm frames. Any other uses, or comments and improvements on these, would be appreciated. (Please note the pictures are all of generic Chinese cloned parts.)

1. A compact subtractor

I learned about this topic from Sariel's excellent book, but nearly all the examples used older-style differentials. The 7X11 frame (which came out after it was written, probably) seems to fit this mechanism very compactly:

WhatsApp%20Image%202020-09-12%20at%2015. 

2. A battery box casing

A 2-stud axle connector with two axle-pin connectors keep the two-frames 2 studs appart, and a 4 stud L beam is a filler at the end, as well as another 2-stud spacer. The plug itself, which is 2-studs wide, keeps the box centered between the two frames. (This isn't the most robust construction, probably, but it might be useful for some cases.)

WhatsApp%20Image%202020-09-12%20at%2015.

Edited by Ami Tavory

Are you sure those are genuine LEGO? Your pieces look like a clone brand from the colors and mold spots.

Edited by Horologist

1 minute ago, Horologist said:

Are you sure those are genuine LEGO? Your peices look like a clone brand from the colors and mold spots.

No, they are generic parts from AliExpress. Is that an issue? From browsing around the internet (including this site), I understood that only copied design sets were an issue, but perhaps I'm mistaken. 

27 minutes ago, Ami Tavory said:

No, they are generic parts from AliExpress. Is that an issue? From browsing around the internet (including this site), I understood that only copied design sets were an issue, but perhaps I'm mistaken. 

No. Those are fake lego made by lepin. I hate fake Lego so much that I looked up all the relevant information and now I can tell most of the fake ones. That is from lepin.

1 hour ago, msk6003 said:

No. Those are fake lego made by lepin. I hate fake Lego so much that I looked up all the relevant information and now I can tell most of the fake ones. That is from lepin.

Yet you were willing to buy some MouldKing motors?

The first thing I'd like to say is that what you're doing here is the same as dismissing a post because it has bad grammar. Maybe try getting some perspective?

If you're such an expert on Chinabricks, you'll know that Lepin was killed before the 7*11 frame existed, so I am pretty sure the pieces are not from Lepin.

Brands King, Queen and King all sprung up not so long after Lepin died, but those companies copy Lego exactly 1:1 including colour, so I doubt the parts are from them either.

I'd say the parts here from GoBricks . GoBricks make parts which are as near to Lego quality as you can get without being Lego, but way cheaper. They supply MouldKing pieces, among other Chinabrick companies (but not King,Queen,Jack who still use crappy Lepin pieces) . They also don't care about colours, so you can make white models with white pins, etc.

Edited by amorti

1 minute ago, nerdsforprez said:

All due respect, I am not sure Lepin died.  They did, but at least their site is back up and running.  Has been for a long time. 

LepinWorld? Not a site of the company, just a dealer using the name to get Google hits.

King, Queen, and Jack rose from the ashes. But you can tell their kits because they use Lego colours and really crappy quality Technic pieces.

31 minutes ago, Touc4nx said:

Number two might be useful, I have to see if placing a Buwizz unit here is possible.

Buwizz is much smaller than a pf battery box. Now I'm wondering if it'll take a control+ hub. You could really use that as a solid centre of your chassis if so.

1 hour ago, amorti said:

Buwizz is much smaller than a pf battery box. Now I'm wondering if it'll take a control+ hub. You could really use that as a solid centre of your chassis if so.

And the Buwizz has integrated pinholes, so it doesn't really need a bracing like that.

The subtractor setup looks impressively compact, though high torque would probably skip the bevel gears.

1 hour ago, SNIPE said:

I used this part to have gears for a diff lock:

Ooof, you can make a much nicer diff lock directly on the differential, just turn the frame 90 degrees. The way you built the axle now leave the differential poorly supported at the side - it has no support from 24 tooth gear and can slip under high torque.

On 9/13/2020 at 1:42 AM, Zerobricks said:

Ooof, you can make a much nicer diff lock directly on the differential, just turn the frame 90 degrees. The way you built the axle now leave the differential poorly supported at the side - it has no support from 24 tooth gear and can slip under high torque.

Yes this was a cutaway from a model and will of course be braced more.

You could use a drive ring and rotate the frame longways but that looked crazy for a 42054 mod :P

On 9/14/2020 at 10:19 PM, jaegerroughton said:

@snipe please sent me a link to your lego worlds models that were from bricksafe can you post them the file does not exist can you fix it

They are gone, however please see my PM.

Regards, Snipe.

Edited by SNIPE