Banjo

Has anyone built the new Pirates sets (3-in-1, Barracuda Bay) in LDD?

I'm looking for LDD versions of the newer Pirates sets, mainly the new 3-in-1 Creator ship and the Barracuda Bay (ship and shipwreck versions) to mess around with. They're not in the Official Sets in LDD megathread so thought I'd ask here if anyone's done them and was willing to share?

Been away from Lego for awhile but the Barracuda Bay set totally roped me back in and I have both that and the Creator 3-in-1 sets on the way now... so much nostalgia for the old (I mean old) Pirates set from when I was a kid, I couldn't resist!

Edited by Banjo

6 hours ago, Banjo said:

so much nostalgia for the old (I mean old) Pirates set from when I was a kid, I couldn't resist!

It's almost like the Pirates theme was back!

Thanks everyone! I can't seem to find the LDD files in that "Modding the Barracuda" thread, at least not on the first few pages. Sorry to be a pain, but can anyone point me closer?

1 hour ago, JintaiZ said:

It's almost like the Pirates theme was back!

A few years back when Pirates had its last hurrah, I bought multiples of all the sets (even the chess set) as I was recently out of my dark age (though it was actually Alien Conquest and Heroica that got me back into Lego first) and got the feeling that run of Pirates was a "one and done". Built the chess set during a fairly dark time in my life and still love it. The memories came flooding back, too. I enjoyed those sets so much that I then went and tracked down the previous run of Pirates sets (could only afford one each that time, as I bought them all NIB even though I planned to build them), and a reissue Black Seas Barracuda (had the original as a kid but like the fortress it's disassembled and likely long lost, I fear). Only thing I sadly couldn't afford is my current "holy grail", the Imperial Flagship. :(

A couple of years went by and real life pushed Lego aside again, but despite it's high price I saw the Barracuda Bay set and had to have it! Several family members say they might give it as a birthday gift next month but I don't know if I can wait.:) Tempted though to say yes to mum, as my parents bought me that original BSB back in the 80's and it feels like full circle...

Looking through the forums, I do wish I'd been into Lego when they were making those cool Islander sets (and the western stuff!!!). Wow!

Edited by Banjo

19 hours ago, Banjo said:

Thanks everyone! I can't seem to find the LDD files in that "Modding the Barracuda" thread, at least not on the first few pages. Sorry to be a pain, but can anyone point me closer? 

Found it in another thread, sorry: https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/173544-the-pirate-bay-is-going-to-be-an-official-lego-set/&do=findComment&comment=3216921

However, the file might be reverse-engineered from the pictures alone, before the instructions were availabl. 

In this case, the world might still be waiting for a digital model made from the instructions. If you want to join forces, let me know, I have some time on my hands.

The file I made is reverse-engineered, but when I checked what I did with the LEGO manual that was published a few days after me publishing it on here. It resulted in me only using a couple of different pieces in the bow and in the linking parts used on the yards, but the rest is accurate as in 98%. You can check that by taking apart each section of the model, since I've grouped them, and verify the correctness or adherence to the original model.