LvdH

Technic 2021 Set Discussion

Just now, Cardboy said:

As I cant see a manual pneumatic pump and its called power tow on the 42128 I think it might have a compressor which possibly means the new dumb battery box may be in it finger crossed.

I am doubtful. Unbrickme in a video said he saw a wire in it but he pointed to a pin hole on one of the seats. Would be nice but I don't see PU advertised anywhere. But I am interested to know what the grey box in the fuel tank is. Could it be an air tank?

12 minutes ago, Cardboy said:

As I cant see a manual pneumatic pump and its called power tow on the 42128 I think it might have a compressor which possibly means the new dumb battery box may be in it finger crossed.

If you look at the photo from the side (posted in the 42128 topic) you can see the manual pump

1 minute ago, allanp said:

I am doubtful. Unbrickme in a video said he saw a wire in it but he pointed to a pin hole on one of the seats. Would be nice but I don't see PU advertised anywhere. But I am interested to know what the grey box in the fuel tank is. Could it be an air tank?

Yes probably wishful thinking or maybe like the Volvo 42053 they will included a compressor so you can motorise yourself. seems to be plenty of space to put one in.

13 minutes ago, Cardboy said:

Yes probably wishful thinking or maybe like the Volvo 42053 they will included a compressor so you can motorise yourself. seems to be plenty of space to put one in.

There's no supplementary set for that, so that's doubtful as well.

6 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

There's no supplementary set for that, so that's doubtful as well.

This is a weird oddity. They have a "dumb" battery box, probably boxes full from not releasing the v22. So why no supplementary set? Maybe they are waiting for some new piece of PU hardware to be released, like a mega buggy power motor or a mini motor or lights?

27 minutes ago, allanp said:

This is a weird oddity. They have a "dumb" battery box, probably boxes full from not releasing the v22. So why no supplementary set? Maybe they are waiting for some new piece of PU hardware to be released, like a mega buggy power motor or a mini motor or lights?

The battery box is being sold as a separate set, so that may count as supplementary.

1 hour ago, Cardboy said:

How about this? More wishful thinking than genuine expectation...
Wheels are connected to a compressor pump. So you push it back & forth a few times, and pressure builds up in twin air tanks (one each side, like ancient studded rescue truck). Then the trick is to be accurate enough operating it that you can do a rescue without needing to repressurise the tanks. ?

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

The battery box is being sold as a separate set, so that may count as supplementary.

So if this were to have supplementary motorization capabilities, prepare to pay through the nose...

Well, IMHO it looks like TLG built and released some "fake" leaks to protect the actual products since none of those look like as presented now. Lets hope that the CAT model is much complex that the previous leak sugested.

4 hours ago, kuja2015 said:

none of those look like as presented now

The Tow Truck looks the same. Only the stickers change.

On 6/4/2021 at 12:11 PM, J159753 said:

Wheels are connected to a compressor pump. So you push it back & forth a few times, and pressure builds up in twin air tanks (one each side, like ancient studded rescue truck). Then the trick is to be accurate enough operating it that you can do a rescue without needing to repressurise the tanks. ?

I don't think this is correct but if it indeed do have that option it would be very smart to use only the liftable axle :wink:

Well it has a manual pump (right behind the cabin) so this scheme could be as a secondary one. However, due to its bug size I don't think that it tis supposed for such active rolling to recharge the tanks.

On 6/4/2021 at 6:11 AM, J159753 said:

On 6/6/2021 at 6:46 AM, Void_S said:

Well it has a manual pump (right behind the cabin) so this scheme could be as a secondary one. However, due to its bug size I don't think that it tis supposed for such active rolling to recharge the tanks.

Another problem I see with this is that the torque needed to rotate the axle on which the compressor is attached varies through a rotation, i.e. more torque to push it down than to pull it back up. Notice how on pretty much every motorized compressor setup, the motor sounds stressed then unstressed repeatedly. It's hard to explain in words, but I'm guessing it's pretty self-explanatory from motorized pneumatics sets like 42043. This would probably make rolling the truck feel bumpy, and the friction from the compressor may be enough to stop the truck right after you push it. Then it won't be as fun rolling it around.

9 hours ago, JLiu15 said:

Another problem I see with this is that the torque needed to rotate the axle on which the compressor is attached varies through a rotation, i.e. more torque to push it down than to pull it back up. Notice how on pretty much every motorized compressor setup, the motor sounds stressed then unstressed repeatedly. It's hard to explain in words, but I'm guessing it's pretty self-explanatory from motorized pneumatics sets like 42043. This would probably make rolling the truck feel bumpy, and the friction from the compressor may be enough to stop the truck right after you push it. Then it won't be as fun rolling it around.

It would be cool if this compressor thing were driven from the raised axle. Then you could raise the axle to disable the compressor.

(whoever wants to use this idea for a mod, go ahead :) )

1 hour ago, 1974 said:

i allready suggested that :wink:

I already did that :wink: ....in a small MOC forklift (used an air tank to look like an LPG tank on the back). Worked ok but I should have included a manual backup pump.

11 hours ago, JLiu15 said:

Utterly in mod/MOC territory now, not original set... Why not have two compressors (or even 4, mounted 90° apart), geared down, to even out the resistance? [this could even be a teaching point for why ICE have multiple cylinders!] [And driving this from the raised axle sounds an elegant implementation.]

Lego announced an event on June 26th . As Lego Technic will also be one centered theme, hopefully we'll get more info on new sets.

Also the Sian has been published as the life size lego version according to Promobricks

Aside from that: Why hadn't the 42126 IP vehicle and the 42131 CAT Dozer be mentioned anywhere in the leaked 2H 2021 catalog? Isn't this meant to represent all models from June to December? And 42127 and 42130 are completely missing...

7 minutes ago, Jundis said:

Why hadn't the 42126 IP vehicle and the 42131 CAT Dozer be mentioned anywhere in the leaked 2H 2021 catalog? Isn't this meant to represent all models from June to December?

Maybe the LEGO regional office for the catalogue's country decided to not sell those sets there. It has happened before: for example, the 8259 was never sold in Portuguese and Spanish shops.

13 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

Maybe the LEGO regional office for the catalogue's country decided to not sell those sets there. It has happened before: for example, the 8259 was never sold in Portuguese and Spanish shops.

Or they simply want to reveal them separately. The Defender was revealed in September 2019, and it had no trace in the 2HY 2019 catalog because of that.

47 minutes ago, kbalage said:

Or they simply want to reveal them separately. The Defender was revealed in September 2019, and it had no trace in the 2HY 2019 catalog because of that.

Wasn't the Defender more of a vague rumour and an actual surprise when it showed up? I mean, right until the photo reveal, wasn't it considered doubtful that it even existed? We know (hope?) that the CAT and 42136 are real.

Speaking of catalog, it seems like there have been too few in the USA this year. I used to get more than three each year, but for 2021 sets I only got one in January.

Guys, don't miss the pandemic - it may affect the shipping time, so some countries may get them even more differently.

18 minutes ago, Void_S said:

Guys, don't miss the pandemic - it may affect the shipping time, so some countries may get them even more differently.

I doubt it. There were no such delays last year, or even earlier this year. My local shops had everything in on time.