LvdH

Technic 2021 Set Discussion

2 hours ago, Bartybum said:

Someone should really append "No we don't know when photos are coming" to the topic title :look:

Gotta admit, it's getting really annoying. Constantly getting baited into opening the thread expecting photos or discussion, only to find yet another person asking the same old thing

You are right but that's the same also when opening the thread only to find another person answering that is annoying that people is asking for photos :grin:

It is a public forum and it is legit for people to ask or comment even without any new relevant information...

But, if there are no pictures in the topic, then why ask for them? If I will see, that topic ih HOT, then I know, that there are new pics.

6 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

Someone should really append "No we don't know when photos are coming" to the topic title

Done. :laugh:

3 hours ago, mpj said:

It is a public forum and it is legit for people to ask or comment even without any new relevant information...

Oh nah I know it's legit and agree with you. I don't want to discourage people from participating in the forum. That's why I suggested a preventative approach by modifying the title, instead of something more reactionary/radical like blaming people for asking.

17 hours ago, Aris said:

Hello mates.

Any official photos from new June sets?

Hi Aris. I know you are as excited as us for the new upcoming sets, but please refrain from asking for new information or pictures. When there is new information, it will be posted here instantly. We don't have a secret forum/topic where we discuss new info.

---

I will change the title of this topic.

1 hour ago, Jim said:

---

I think this should be new standard

8 hours ago, Jurss said:

But, if there are no pictures in the topic, then why ask for them? If I will see, that topic ih HOT, then I know, that there are new pics.

5 hours ago, Bartybum said:

Oh nah I know it's legit and agree with you. I don't want to discourage people from participating in the forum. That's why I suggested a preventative approach by modifying the title, instead of something more reactionary/radical like blaming people for asking.

Both are good points! :wink:

8 hours ago, Jim said:

Hi Aris. I know you are as excited as us for the new upcoming sets, but please refrain from asking for new information or pictures. When there is new information, it will be posted here instantly. We don't have a secret forum/topic where we discuss new info.

---

Hello Jim.

I haven't posted for months... I first checked if someone asked my question of course, then I posted... Maybe didn't check well enough!

Yes, change the title, we would appreciate it and please make a list of "annoying" questions. :wink:

Regards!

JG3BovL.jpg

New Technic part in 2 upcoming Friends set... That's a first.

Mmmm... It looks tasty! I think it may work as a wheel-bucket for a smaller version of 42055 excavator.

The size is approximate 11x11 studs (~86mm), so it may greatly fit a midscale trencher:

etr141sxema.jpg

37 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

JG3BovL.jpg

New Technic part in 2 upcoming Friends set... That's a first.

On 4/30/2021 at 2:38 PM, AVCampos said:

The 41685 introduces what appears to be a large Technic ring, with 6 pinholes 4 pinholes and 2 axleholes distributed around its edges. Brickset's image shows two of them in yellow, on the right:

https://brickset.com/sets/41685-1/Magical-Funfair-Rollercoaster

I wonder what uses they can have for Technic models.

On 3/20/2021 at 1:35 PM, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Please disregard quote box, I cannot seem to get rid of it.

Anyway, put a bunch of those rings together for the front of a steamroller/pavement roller machine. Stack them for barrels or other sorts of containers, definitely will try to think up some use, not many though right off the top of my head, I'm aftaid.

How are those 2 parts joined together?  It looks there are half pins on the front side, and they it looks there is 1 stud distance between them.

Edit: Maybe it's better to move the discussion of those new parts in the Technic general parts discussion.

Edited by mpj

2 hours ago, mpj said:

How are those 2 parts joined together?  It looks there are half pins on the front side, and they it looks there is 1 stud distance between them.

Edit: Maybe it's better to move the discussion of those new parts in the Technic general parts discussion.

I think it is pin 3L because there is a plate between them...

The rings are one brick thick and there's an 1L liftarm in between. Interesting with the crossholes (?) between the pinholes

This does not look it has been created for those two sets, that's just NPU. Must be in an upcomming Technics .. or SW set :wink:

51 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

I think it is pin 3L because there is a plate between them...

Ah OK, I thought they were half thick.

4 minutes ago, mpj said:

Ah OK, I thought they were half thick.

Yeah, it looks so thin but still having the same thickness as 1L-tick plate and 1L "beams" in-between them...

Maybe can use like some kind of rimless wheel?(even it doesn't have tire)

On 5/4/2021 at 7:51 AM, vectormatic said:

If you think this is bad, try following the yearly speed champions threads over in the town section, not only is it "any pics yet?", but prior to sets being announced ~70% of posts is pointless pie-in-the-sky wishlisting "oh, i'd really like it if they went all out JDM this year, and got me an R32 skyline, B22 subaru and maybe a comboset with a 260z" ad nauseam...

Amen!

The sets being release in June have been added on the Lego website but there is nothing in the Technic theme.

I guess that will have to wait a few more months before seeing the Technic sets. :sceptic:

Yes, I noticed too, that lego presenting a lot of themes, but not technic. But it's okay, for technic is a good advice to wait for better prices. So it's not that important if you wait 1-2 months more. Or was there some exclusive bigger technic set in the last years?

Technic is usually released in August, and only very recently, sometimes there's something else released in October, not June, so expect to wait a couple more months.

9 hours ago, allanp said:

Technic is usually released in August, and only very recently, sometimes there's something else released in October, not June, so expect to wait a couple more months.

The Ducati was released in EU in June 2020 :wink:

I've seen what looks to be some new pics of the new Mercedes Truck and heavy duty tow truck. They look pretty decent, not for me though. 

The pics have confidential stamped on the so I'm thinking I can't post it