LvdH

Technic 2021 Set Discussion

3 hours ago, Bartybum said:

How do you know that 42128 will have pneumatics?

Don't expect me to disclose or discuss sources here. Sorry!

42126 - Undisclosed IP Vehicle
October
1379 elements
Targets adult builders

42128 - American Tow Truck
Heavy Duty Tow Truck (American Style)
August
2017 elements
11+
Rainbow color schema... Orange, White, Blue, LBG with yellow on the pneumatic elements... / Horrible IMHO
Includes outriggers apparently with mini linear actuators; Triple rear axis 

42129 - Mercedes-Benz Zetros 4x4 Trial Truck
August
2108 elements
Control+
Color schema: White, Green / Horrible IMHO
Double rear axis; Apparently same tires as 42099

42131 - CAT D11T Bulldozer
October
Targets adult builders
Control+
Color schema: Obviously yellow with black accents
Yellow threads (a first) and sprockets; Front shovel moves with linear actuators

7 minutes ago, Conchas said:

August
2108 elements
582 x 480 x 91 mm
 Control+

Wouldn't it be 6x4 or 6x6 then?

Also, does it have a box of some kind in the back?

23 minutes ago, Conchas said:

October
582 x 480 x 124 mm
Targets adult builders
Control+
Yellow threads (a first) and sprockets; Front shovel moves with linear actuators

Does it have two axis of movement in the blade and ripper? Does it have a ripper at all?

23 minutes ago, Conchas said:

480 x 282 x 118 mm

582 x 378 x 118 mm

582 x 480 x 91 mm

582 x 480 x 124 mm

Some dimensions are not correct in my opinion. If the third dimension is the width, then the tow truck should be in the 15 studs wide trucks range. But the 91mm in the Zetros can't be correct.

Just now, mpj said:

Some dimensions are not correct in my opinion. If the third dimension is the width, then the tow truck should be in the 15 studs wide trucks range. But the 91mm in the Zetros can't be correct.

It’s most likely the dimensions of the boxes. 

Yes, they're likely the dimensions of the boxes... will remove from my original post as this is not relevant here.

9 minutes ago, Kaanere said:

Wouldn't it be 6x4 or 6x6 then?

Also, does it have a box of some kind in the back?

Does it have two axis of movement in the blade and ripper? Does it have a ripper at all?

There is a two beam height box... :pir_tong2:
Yes, bulldozer seems to have a ripper. Not clearly visible but it looks like!

42 minutes ago, Conchas said:

August
2108 elements
582 x 480 x 91 mm
Control+

Double rear axis or double rear wheels? One is a 4x4, other a 6x6.

Edited by Zerobricks

6 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

Double rear axis. Likely 6x6!

1 hour ago, Conchas said:

October
1379 elements
Targets adult builders

Heavy Duty Tow Truck (American Style)
August
2017 elements
11+
Rainbow color schema... Orange, White, Blue, LBG with yellow on the pneumatic elements... / Horrible IMHO
Includes outriggers apparently with mini linear actuators; Triple rear axis 

August
2108 elements
Control+

October
Targets adult builders
Control+

So, apart from a parts recolour do you see anything new at all, any interesting new parts, anything I couldn't build already?

At least there's one pneumatic set (pneumatics live one... YAAAAAAY!!!) but it seems they stuffed LAs in that one also, and no motor? And like 42080 they made it an ugly colour scheme to put people off buying a pneumatic set!

Is the bulldozer really just another Control+/LA powered combo....again?! Did they really just make it three or four times more expensive than 8275 just to make it bigger and put control+ (removing the physical remote and a bore to MOC with) in it?! If so that's another flagship I won't be getting. Seriously what's the point of it? How can it be for adult builders when adult builders can already build this with the parts they have, only better because most adults will probably have a physical remote and buggy motors to play with. Oh, let me guess, the front blade automatically stays level when you tilt the model. Oh well that's worth the extra 300 quid isn't it! :sarcasm_hmpf:

Edited by allanp

2 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

If set is 42129 - Mercedes-Benz Zetros 4x4 Trial Truck then only 2 axle model is possible 

32 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

If set is 42129 - Mercedes-Benz Zetros 4x4 Trial Truck then only 2 axle model is possible 

Or maybe this set is yet another example of marketingspeak at work.

1 minute ago, Conchas said:

If it is marketing speak. Then they should have used 6x6 in the name instead!... :pirate:

6x6 sounds good. Can you tell us what is at the back of the Zetros truck? Hope it is not an empty box.

Green or bright green empty box, two beams height!...

Really ugly... good for mod. Hopefully not impacting too much on performance due to the extra weight...

Just now, Conchas said:

Green or bright green empty box, two beams height!...

Really ugly... good for mod. Hopefully not impacting too much on performance due to the extra weight...

Thanks for the info, agree that it can be a good model to mod, although I would have preferred some interesting mechanism at the back.

No special functionalities for the Zetros? What could explain that it is more expensive than the Volvo truck?

Edited by Akbalder

Well I sure as hell hope that info for the Zetros is incorrect, because $570AUD for 42070 (even presumably with suspension) is just a flat out scam unless there’s a pneumatic crane on the back.

45 minutes ago, Akbalder said:

No special functionalities for the Zetros? What could explain that it is more expensive than the Volvo truck?

I expect the Zetros as C+ for successor of 42099 and not for 42043 in terms of playability. This is a Trial Truck with the main purpose to drive (outdoor). A 6x6 with planetary hubs 6 times is very likely. At this price point there is maybe another motor to lock differentials. Maybe the first time to get such a RC Model. A fourth motor and some more expensive parts could explain the price compared to the Volvo. But I guess locking diffs are wishfull thinking. It is just a 42099 with one more axle, license and double parts. All in all 2021 ist very similar to 2019

Edited by Timorzelorzworz

I think more like 42099 (two axles), winch and (big) maybe diff lock...

I guess I was expecting something with tyres halfway between the scale of 42099 and 42043. Would’ve made for something way cooler

4 hours ago, Bartybum said:

I guess I was expecting something with tyres halfway between the scale of 42099 and 42043. Would’ve made for something way cooler

That was my hope to, but we'll see...

16 hours ago, JURE 75 said:

At least this link suggests there may be 6 sets in the 2h unlike the 4 mentioned previously. Hope this is correct

16 hours ago, allanp said:

At least there's one pneumatic set (pneumatics live one... YAAAAAAY!!!) but it seems they stuffed LAs in that one also, and no motor? And like 42080 they made it an ugly colour scheme to put people off buying a pneumatic set!

I know what is it with the pneumatics and horrid colour schemes i need some of those new switches.

Volvo 42053 was so good, reasonable price great functions even had a compressor and easy to motorise

17 hours ago, allanp said:

Did they really just make it three or four times more expensive than 8275 just to make it bigger and put control+ (removing the physical remote and a bore to MOC with) in it?! If so that's another flagship I won't be getting. Seriously what's the point of it? How can it be for adult builders when adult builders can already build this with the parts they have, only better because most adults will probably have a physical remote and buggy motors to play with.

(emphasis mine). You're confusing thet terms "adult" and "AFOL". Adult builders probably referse to an audience not previously used to Lego, but with more cash to spend on toys than the average kid. Similar to the 21323 ideas piano targets adults.

That said, I'm really happy that (if?) pneumatics would make an appearance again. It's a much underused part of Technic.

1 hour ago, Cardboy said:

I know what is it with the pneumatics and horrid colour schemes i need some of those new switches.

Volvo 42053 was so good, reasonable price great functions even had a compressor and easy to motorise

I don't know if I'm just over thinking it but it is quite annoying that they put pneumatics in ugly looking sets, then when they don't sell they'll say "Oh we would do more pneumatic sets but they don't sell that well!". I don't know if that's true at all, but as someone who really wants to see more pneumatic sets I do wish they would include them into more appealing sets.

42080 is actually a very good set despite it's ugly façade. It really deserved to look and sell a lot better than it did. Good fun build with a cool steering mechanism and very playable. But now the new valves are available on Lego bricks and pieces for 2 quid each. So of course I bought 10! Delivery is slow right now though.