LvdH

Technic 2021 Set Discussion

5 hours ago, MarkyMark42 said:

I really liked the Land Rover so I'm not opposed to a successor. Being a car guy the rest of the 2nd half sets don't really interest me at all.

If the timing was better they could have made a new Ford Ranger (ute, pick up, truck, depending on where you're from) and it's a shared platform with the next VW Amarok. Could have killed made something a little different and still appeased the IP :)

I really like the idea of Pick-up Truck.
For example: Chevrolet, Ford, Toyota

Edited by Technicallism

They should finally realease some grader as A-model, with all possible functions etc. Maybe I missed something, but can't find. And, I think grader has been just once as B-model.

1 hour ago, Jurss said:

They should finally realease some grader as A-model, with all possible functions etc. Maybe I missed something, but can't find. And, I think grader has been just once as B-model.

Not even as a B-model but as one model in a universal set, 8074 in 1991.

13 hours ago, I_Igor said:

If IP is concerning with VW and we had a rally car? Hm both Seat and Skoda have front wheel drive and I don't remember if there was a car with only front wheel drive (there are Skoda caravans with all wheel drive)...so I tip on M.A.N. or Scania...

Last year we had Ducati...

Scania?

Maybe my Scania on Lego Ideas will reach 10k supporters and will be produced as an Ideas set :blush:

img_1244.jpg

@Jurss, @Gumalca Oh, I stand corrected. I had no idea about those B-models. Thanks for letting me know, I always thought graders to be completely absent from Technic, except for the universal set I mentioned.

IP means (probably) intellectual property.

I belive IP car will be some kind of mass civil car, like Land Rover. October release can be dedicated to  autumn car show (if it happens). 2 times a year two differnt cars (January - race car Ferrari, October - regular mass car).

6 hours ago, mpj said:

Scania?

Maybe my Scania on Lego Ideas will reach 10k supporters and will be produced as an Ideas set :blush:

Well this one is nice, but I think that TLC prefers tipper, tow...and other "industrial" trucks rather than highway trucks; of course Anthem is a bit of exception...

15 hours ago, Technicallism said:

I really like the idea of Pick-up Truck.
For example: Chevrolet, Ford, Toyota

The biggest issue with making a pick-up truck is that there are few, if any, trucks that are recognizable around the world. Of all the trucks sold in North America, I think the Ford Ranger is probably the only one to be sold in similar form in Europe and Asia, so most of the options would lack appeal in much of the world.

I do think the 2021 Bronco is a good possibility, though.

6 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Well this one is nice, but I think that TLC prefers tipper, tow...and other "industrial" trucks rather than highway trucks; of course Anthem is a bit of exception...

Well, TLC seem to prefer cars these days so I'd say a "highway" truck fits that bill nicely. :)

Simple hub battery boxes confirmed (source: Instagram) to be coming in January! Set number 88015, no confirmed price yet

39 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

Simple hub battery boxes confirmed (source: Instagram) to be coming in January! Set number 88015, no confirmed price yet

And the Osprey shall fly!

So my fellow Aussies out there, do we have a release date for the new sets yet? On the Lego site it says Jan 1 but that doesn't seem right does it?

58 minutes ago, MarkyMark42 said:

So my fellow Aussies out there, do we have a release date for the new sets yet? On the Lego site it says Jan 1 but that doesn't seem right does it?

Don't see why not - i was able to order all the new sets that are marked as 1st Jan here in Norway already.
Those were: 42117; 42118; 42119; 42122; 42123; 42124

Now, whether they'll arrive or not... hmm.

On 12/21/2020 at 1:47 AM, Bartybum said:

no confirmed price yet

29.99 EUR has been the rumored price.

13 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

29.99 EUR has been the rumored price.

Christ I hope not, that’d be like $50AUD... the PF battery box was only like $20AUD

6 hours ago, Bartybum said:

Christ I hope not, that’d be like $50AUD... the PF battery box was only like $20AUD

I guess it's possible, the hub is more sophisticated, I think, and Lego is raising prices right now

1 hour ago, chlego said:

I guess it's possible, the hub is more sophisticated, I think, and Lego is raising prices right now

It's definitely not so sophisticated that it justifies a 150% price increase though. It's literally just a second switch.

15 hours ago, Ragana9289 said:

Is it racing or regular ?

Regular. It is a replica of an Italian showtruck.