LvdH

Technic 2021 Set Discussion

2 hours ago, Jim said:

Just finished the Trial Truck, after building the Tow Truck last week. Without giving away any information I am probably allowed to say that I really enjoyed both builds!

Nice to hear! I'm really looking forward the reviews, the Tow Truck appears to be pure greatness and even the Zetros has piqued my interest, even if it's probably too expensive for me.

The tow truck and Zetros are on TLG Shop(TM) and listed as Coming Soon - with lots of pics and info, natch.

Raptor's listed as well for preorder and shipping on 1 Oct. It won't be available for some more months yet, so I wonder why it's available for preorder now, whereas you could just order one for shipping a few days after the release date. Are TLG really expecting high demand for that shitbox?

Still no sign of the CAT, either. I wonder why - probably TLG trying to maximize the mystique. :hmpf:

57 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Still no sign of the CAT, either. I wonder why - probably TLG trying to maximize the mystique. :hmpf:

Maybe to avoid cannibalising the Zetros? TLG did the same in 2019, with the 42100 being delayed in favour of the 42099.

Still we also have no clue about 42127 and 42130.... even when are they being released? I mean the first 2022 wave should be january, right?

On 7/12/2021 at 10:23 PM, AVCampos said:

Maybe to avoid cannibalising the Zetros? TLG did the same in 2019, with the 42100 being delayed in favour of the 42099.

Didn't TLC delay 42100 because there were app issues?

On 2/8/2021 at 11:05 PM, LvdH said:

42127 and 42130 just got listed on Stonewars.de website: https://www.stonewars.de/news/lego-technic-sommer-2021/

42127 is like 42126 just called "IP vehicle", but interestingly enough this one is not marked 18+. The American RRP is $99.99 USD. The only info is that it's from a movie. Coming fall 2021.

42130 has absolutely no info besides that it exists.

@Jundis I have no idea. This is what I posted way back in February and nothing has been leaked or revealed since then. Maybe they’re delayed?

@Jim I hope this post fits here.

According to Promobricks, the EOL list is out. Again surprisingly, the 42124 will be gone, just introduced this year... bad sales?

Edited by Jundis

19 minutes ago, Jundis said:

@Jim I hope this post fits here.

According to Promobricks, the EOL list is out. Again surprisingly, the 42124 will be gone, just introduced this year... bad sales?

Let's discuss this further in the 42124 topic.

Even though loads of good Technic sets will be gone, maybe that paves way for more new Technic sets? One other thing that I noticed was that no technic "18+" sets are reaching their end of shelf life...

Edited by Scoar Sonander

18 hours ago, Scoar Sonander said:

One other thing that I noticed was that no technic "18+" sets are reaching their end of shelf life...

The 18+ concept has been introduced recently, which means that these sets aren't due to retire. Probably next year.

18 hours ago, Scoar Sonander said:

Even though loads of good Technic sets will be gone, maybe that paves way for more new Technic sets?

We will probably get new Technic sets like most other years. With the minor change that the 2H seems to be getting split up more often.

I wonder if some of the control plus sets may be discontinued rather than producing new sets and instructions for the new battery boxes

Just now, Bricktrain said:

I wonder if some of the control plus sets may be discontinued rather than producing new sets and instructions for the new battery boxes

That'd make sense, or even a re-release of the more recent ones like 42114 & 42124 with new set numbers, but the fact that 42129 is (at least initially) released with the old hub design contradicts to this theory. 

44 minutes ago, Teo LEGO Technic said:

Do you guys think there'll ever be some properly fast motors available from LEGO, maybe as part of Control+? Like the old buggy motors, now redesigned by BuWizz?

The buggy motor was originally designed for a very specific kind of application (=RC buggy), even though it was used elsewhere too and became very popular among MOC makers. I don't think anything like that is on the works, as the buggy motor pushes other parts (gears, axles) to their limits and sometimes beyond. Of course there's no telling what the future holds but if you want more power than the current ones can deliver, I can only suggest using the Buwizz motor or some other third party solution.

It would be great, but I expect they would need a new battery as well to supply enough current for a significant performance increase.

TLG clearly went away from anything that has a higher performance or have the possibility to break or stress plastic components out of the box. That's not a feature for the masses as it has way to many potential issues, but we don't really need TLG to produce these. If someone wants high performance motors or power sources then 3rd parties like BuWizz are there to provide the components.

Were the three new sets (Zetros, Tow truck, Raptor) supposed to be released at the same time? For some reason Raptor can be ordered right now at lego.com while the other two have "coming soon" labels on them...

3 hours ago, howitzer said:

Were the three new sets (Zetros, Tow truck, Raptor) supposed to be released at the same time? For some reason Raptor can be ordered right now at lego.com while the other two have "coming soon" labels on them...

The Zetros and the Tow Truck will be available from August 1st. The Raptor can be already preordered for some curious reason, but it will be only shipped after October 1st.

On 7/24/2021 at 3:36 AM, kbalage said:

TLG clearly went away from anything that has a higher performance or have the possibility to break or stress plastic components out of the box. That's not a feature for the masses as it has way to many potential issues, but we don't really need TLG to produce these. If someone wants high performance motors or power sources then 3rd parties like BuWizz are there to provide the components.

That makes sense. Your average customer is probably more interested in builds that won't wear the parts, than in maximizing performance. 

While everyone focusing on discussion about this set, PROMOBRICKS said this will be the last Technic set in 2021… which means 42127 & 42130 will be kept vacant…… right?

Edited by Technicallism

6 hours ago, Technicallism said:

While everyone focusing on discussion about this set, PROMOBRICKS said this will be the last Technic set in 2021… which means 42127 & 42130 will be kept vacant…… right?

Assuming their info is correct.

6 hours ago, Technicallism said:

18 minutes ago, howitzer said:

I don’t see why there would be any more sets in this year. The “reveal” of the CAT aligns to all the expectations for sets this year so I’d assume they’re just vacant numbers.

6 minutes ago, Seasider said:

I don’t see why there would be any more sets in this year. The “reveal” of the CAT aligns to all the expectations for sets this year so I’d assume they’re just vacant numbers.

Yeah, but TLG doesn't have to follow those expectations. I'm not saying there will be more sets, but leaving numbers vacant is a strange choice and there's always room for surprises.

17 minutes ago, howitzer said:

I don't know what the 42130 will be, but the price (99$) and the nametag [IP-vehicle] of the 42127 pointed to another vehicle from the F&F-Universe, maybe a japanese supercar like the green Supra as a companion for the 42111 Charger. If F&F9 maybe dropped such a vehicle Lego already designed, then they won't release it this way.

If I remembered correctly, a few years ago TLG also published a StarWars model which has been cut out in the final cut of a StarWars spinoff (Solo?).

21 hours ago, Technicallism said:

I think 42130 just never existed. Actually I saw some eumors about 42127. It was set to be $100 set (it means around 1100 pieces) based on film license, but it was pushed to be realesed sometime in 2022 with other set number. I think it may be a Dodge Charger succesor, maybe a Toyota Supra or Mazda RX7 from Fast and Furious

Edited by Dami