LvdH

Technic 2021 Set Discussion

5 hours ago, Jundis said:

Why hadn't the 42126 IP vehicle and the 42131 CAT Dozer be mentioned anywhere in the leaked 2H 2021 catalog?

Because they are scheduled for the October release.

5 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

I doubt it. There were no such delays last year, or even earlier this year. My local shops had everything in on time.

Forgot the incident with the ship Ever Given in the Suez Canal? Who knows what that will mean for the availability of sets in the world.

Edited by Andman

15 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Wasn't the Defender more of a vague rumour and an actual surprise when it showed up? I mean, right until the photo reveal, wasn't it considered doubtful that it even existed? We know (hope?) that the CAT and 42136 are real.

I don't think leaks/rumors would affect the release schedule and whether TLG would want to reveal a set earlier in their catalogue. There are many rumors about other sets expected later this year that you won't find in the catalogue either, and it doesn't mean they don't exist. 

17 hours ago, kbalage said:

I don't think leaks/rumors would affect the release schedule and whether TLG would want to reveal a set earlier in their catalogue. There are many rumors about other sets expected later this year that you won't find in the catalogue either, and it doesn't mean they don't exist. 

I have seen the price for the new D11t dozer change a few times , is there any conformation on the price ?

5 hours ago, nugnug115 said:

I have seen the price for the new D11t dozer change a few times , is there any conformation on the price ?

There hasn’t been a press yet so no official news.

If the Zetros is any indication, a potentially underwhelming product with a potentially overwhelming price is the most likely end for the CAT.

5 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

If the Zetros is any indication, a potentially underwhelming product with a potentially overwhelming price is the most likely end for the CAT.

Ooh ICE BURN! :oh:

I'm still interested in seeing how the D11T turns out, though. I don't see how it'll differ much from 8275, aside from the app features that add all of ten minutes' worth of play time.

Edited by Maaboo35

Have you driven a Technic Ford... lately?

Oh way out man, it runs on the tyres from 42124! Cool beans. :thumbup:

Edited by Maaboo35

That is an awesome looking set. 

I guess my prediction od using the Ferrari's wheel arches wasn't too far, but I missed the model from Bronco to the Raptor. No matter, seems like a lovely set indeed.

It also explains why the 42124 buggy's tyres are not the usual 68,8 or 81,6 size, but 75,1 - they were probably originally developed for this set.

My observations:

• Smaller (13 stud long) wheel arches in orange
  • Black covelings from the 42125
  • orange 3x7 panels
  • smaller scle than the Denfender, probably around 1:12 (according to the tyre sizse calculations)

Expected functions:

• Independent suspension in the front
  • Solid axle in the back
  • Fake engine
  • 4 speed sequential gearbox
  • Hopefully a 4x4 wheel drive with 3 differentials, though I have doubts for the FWD...
Edited by Zerobricks

That is a surprise, but a very nice one! It looks really good, definitely the best of 2021 so far imo. There is one more set expected this summer. I‘m sure we’ll know what it is soon. 

I did a quick sketch in LDD and there is no space for FWD unless there are new CV joints or hubs used.... Doesn't look that way though, so expect only RWD and hopefully at least a 2 speed gearbox.

10 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

I did a quick sketch in LDD and there is no space for FWD unless there are new CV joints or hubs used.... Doesn't look that way though, so expect only RWD and hopefully at least a 2 speed gearbox.

The Rwd would be a bummer in a set this large!

Just now, 2GodBDGlory said:

The Rwd would be a bummer in a set this large!

It's not really a very large set. It's around 1:12 scale, simillar scale to the 42111 Dodge charger.

1 hour ago, Zerobricks said:

It's not really a very large set. It's around 1:12 scale, simillar scale to the 42111 Dodge charger.

I would add that it also looks similar (in scale, for sure) to 42029 pickup, which had space for FWD (but required a total rebuilt). So I still can't say that FWD here is impossible

Oh my oh my!!!!

I been waiting for a better bulldozer since 2007 & a better pick-up truck since 2012 and both are dream come true this year!

Definitely a buy for this pick-up truck since it’s my favorite pick-up other than Chevrolet.

Still waiting the final design of the bulldozer. Great winter ahead!

Looks like black versions of those Ferrari-mudguard-additions. Definitely independent front suspension. Looks like great value, looking forward to it! 

As much as I like it, I think many are setting themselves up for disappointment already, not expecting much considering the parts count.

2 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

As much as I like it, I think many are setting themselves up for disappointment already, not expecting much considering the parts count.

What is the parts count?

I am hyped and I consider this not as a part pack, but as a set to put on shelf and admire and that means something! :pir-love:

Quite expensive considering the parts count, but otherwise looks nice. Hopefully there'll be also some recolours in orange.

2 hours ago, chlego said:

What is the parts count?

According to the picture above, 1379.