LvdH

Technic 2021 Set Discussion

On 2/8/2021 at 2:05 PM, LvdH said:

42127 is like 42126 just called "IP vehicle"

I expect it will be similar to the Dodge Charger we got earlier, looks like there will be a mini series of these smaller cars.

If the price of $349.99 turns out true for the CAT D11T, the set will probably have only 2 or 3 motors and 1 hub. Otherwise, the price just seems too good to be true...

And if the price of $329.99 turns out true for the Mercedes Zetros, the set should have at least 6 motors to justify the price...

Edited by JintaiZ

29 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

If the price of $349.99 turns out true for the CAT D11T, the set will probably have only 2 or 3 motors and 1 hub. Otherwise, the price just seems too good to be true...

And if the price of $329.99 turns out true for the Mercedes Zetros, the set should have at least 6 motors to justify the price...

Not really interested in the CAT D11T, but I'll wait for the reviews.  If they are not "over-the-moon", then the price will make that an easy decision to pass on.  The Mercedes truck I might like;... but I don't need another truck with a crane on the bed.  It would be nice if it was an "off-road" truck;... maybe with different motors powering different axles/wheels ?...  If that was the case I might sign on, even for that price...:classic:

1 hour ago, JintaiZ said:

The Zetros has the same components like the 42099 as the successor of 42099. It is a Trial Truck which means no more then driving and steering (like 42099). The 100+ comes due 1100 extra parts and license

14 minutes ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

The Zetros has the same components like the 42099 as the successor of 42099. It is a Trial Truck which means no more then driving and steering (like 42099). The 100+ comes due 1100 extra parts and license

If it is a trial truck, then...

• 2 motors for driving
  • 1 motor for steering
  • 1 motor for dumping function?
  • working lights?
  • 1 hub?

This is the only possible way to justify their asking price. 42114 also had 3 motors and 1 hub for $80 less...

Edited by JintaiZ

1 minute ago, JintaiZ said:

If it is a trial truck, then...

• 2 motors for driving
  • 1 motor for steering
  • 1 motor for dumping function?
  • working lights?
  • 1 hub?

This is the only possible way to justify their asking price. 42114 also had 3 motors and 1 hub for $80 less...

Three motors, two for driving and one for steering like 42099. It is not a dumper, do not expect too much. Maybe a fourth motor for a winch but not more.

15 minutes ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

Maybe a fourth motor for a winch but not more. 

My guess would be the fourth one for diff lock.

18 minutes ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

Three motors, two for driving and one for steering like 42099. It is not a dumper, do not expect too much. Maybe a fourth motor for a winch but not more.

I would certainly lower my expectations if it was cheaper. But when you are paying a big amount of money for a premium set, it is hard not to expect much from it. So if you are right, I might just end up picking up 42114 instead.

17 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

I would certainly lower my expectations if it was cheaper. But when you are paying a big amount of money for a premium set, it is hard not to expect much from it. So if you are right, I might just end up picking up 42114 instead.

It is not a premium set, just a set inside the summer wave and not 18+. Diff lock is also welcome. Hopefully one hub with 4 motors instead three.

Just now, Timorzelorzworz said:

It is not a premium set, just a set inside the summer wave and not 18+. Diff lock is also welcome. Hopefully one hub with 4 motors instead three.

For me, premium sets don't necessarily to be 18+. I don't know your standards for a premium set but anything above $250 would be considered a premium set for me.

When 42099 with less than 1000 parts costs 229 EUR it is not hard what can be expected for 100 EUR more - the same hardware plus 1000 more parts and license. This is exactly what 42129 is.

Edited by Timorzelorzworz

43 minutes ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

When 42099 with less than 1000 parts costs 229 EUR it is not hard what can be expected for 100 EUR more - the same hardware plus 1000 more parts and license. This is exactly what 42129 is.

And then 42131 uses the same hardware with 1700+ pieces more and only $20 more...

6 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

And then 42131 uses the same hardware with 1700+ pieces more and only $20 more...

It is all question if parts; perhaps new tires will be introduced (if we use 42099 base with 28 studs wheelbase to represent 4 x 4 Zetros which has 4800mm wheelbase and have ~~ 1:21.5 scale, so Xerion tires would look way to big).

Winch is most likely...not diff lock

On 2/23/2021 at 1:11 PM, JintaiZ said:

Just finished 42114. It's a tricky build but I like it. Not very fast obviously, but it all works great... And it goes very well with the PF controlled Volvo Loader from a few years back...  I recommend this one !...:classic:

2 hours ago, Wimmer said:

Just finished 42114. It's a tricky build but I like it. Not very fast obviously, but it all works great... And it goes very well with the PF controlled Volvo Loader from a few years back...  I recommend this one !...:classic:

I agree it's a good set, but I've always regretted picking up technic sets at full price since they are on sale often. This time I'll wait...

5 hours ago, gearsandstuff said:

What I want is another tank like set. But it actually able to do some off roading

What you want has nothing to do with what TLG is actually releasing. Go to the set wishes and speculation topic.

There is news.

People aren't interested so no link... 

Edited by LvdH

why is the part count 1XXX ?
If it's real, looks like a good set, pneumatics (various cylinders) and raisable rear axle at least.

2 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

No sharing images with confidential stamp please. We here are civilized people; we only engage in light-hearted exchange of garish candies.

Fine, no more info from me. :hmpf:

5 minutes ago, LvdH said:

Fine, no more info from me. :hmpf:

I don’t get this. This forum is not associate with TLG in a legal footing as far as I’m aware. So why aren’t we allowed to share leaked images?