LvdH

Technic 2021 Set Discussion

35 minutes ago, LvdH said:

I found it highly unlikely that both of those reviews actually bought one. Especially the first one, which was placed on the same day it became available for sale. And did anyone actually read the reviews on the LEGO website before purchasing, instead of reading/watching Sariel, RacingBrick, Jim or whoever reviews sets regularly?

Well, I always watch those video’s before buying a set.

And than the reviews on LEGO.com, LEGO stores in my country, but the reviews of Sariel, RacingBrick, etc., have more value for me.

Let´s take a look in 6 months and see if they have got any real reviews from people that actually did buy it. I am guessing sales will be even worse than for some of the sets from the Solo movie!

55 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

Let´s take a look in 6 months and see if they have got any real reviews from people that actually did buy it. I am guessing sales will be even worse than for some of the sets from the Solo movie!

Not to mention the actual Solo movie... :hmpf:

On 1/27/2021 at 11:00 AM, Bartybum said:

ah, so when they say 'review' (one of the key pillars of which is a commentary on the price), they're actually just lying through their dog teeth.

i see, it all makes sense now

ONLY NICE COMMENTS ALLOWED

we should buy one just to spite them

Umm, it's not a review if the submitter hasn't actually _reviewed_ the product - as in handled and tested it.

While the product is obviously overpriced and has its other issues, I'm not seeing any problem in removing "reviews" which are obviously made by someone who has never seen or actually tested the product. That kind of commentary undermines completely the purpose of the reviews.

To see if TLG allows negative reviews I checked their online store by selecting random item which happened to be the new HP Diagon Alley set. The average rating is heavily on favorable side, but there's still 4 one-star reviews and 3 two-star reviews and 6 three-star reviews. So it's not like TLG is censoring all negative feedback, it's just that they want the reviews to be based on actual purchases.

Promobricks posted all the photos of 42120 and 42121 including the B-models. The tracked tractor looks better than the main model.
lego-42120-technic_10.jpg
lego-42121-technic_10.jpg

2 hours ago, chlego said:

Are these official?

Yes, but they have not been listed at LEGO.com yet.

Nice sets. Finally some proper B models that are different from the A models and nice in their own right.

Also, 2x3 panel extender in yellow :)

1 hour ago, Erik Leppen said:

Nice sets. Finally some proper B models that are different from the A models and nice in their own right.

Also, 2x3 panel extender in yellow :)

New are also 24120 bucket in dbg, 7L soft axle 32580 in orange, 5L ribbed hose 78c05 in orange. Thin Technic lifarms 1x4 in orange haven't been used in almost 20 years and previously in 2 sets only. So lots of cool parts in these 2 sets alone.
And yes, finally some proper B-models.

It's very nice to see some B models. Next step should be to restart putting printed instructions in the box for these B models. :wink:

1 hour ago, Akbalder said:

It's very nice to see some B models. Next step should be to restart putting printed instructions in the box for these B models. :wink:

Yeah, like that's gonna happen. :hmpf:

2 hours ago, Akbalder said:

More like having A model instruction in digital format only.

Hi, I am new in here, and technic 2021 sets really put my attention.

i have lego 42095, and 1 motor servo (88004), and i planning to RC-MOD some of the lego sets, some of which are 42121 excavator (at least fully functional similar lego 8043) and 42122 jeep (move and steer).

I find it someone done it for lego 42122 with 2 large motor from 42095 and servo 88004 (or maybe using 2 medium motor).

my question, do you think the new 42121 excavator will be fully functional with only 2L motor and servo ? I thinking modding similar to 42070 with some switch to change output of motor. What do you guys think? I dont have any constraint, it can be huge difference in size of excavator to put power functions instead of without it. But i just want to have a minimal parts of power functions. 2L motor + servo)

Very nice B-models, now I just might have to buy both sets even though the orange colour scheme in the hovercraft is somewhat unappealing (I don't have much orange parts so it's hard to make use of them in MOCs but that's just my personal problem).

18 minutes ago, LvdH said:

According to Zusammengebaut, the CAT bulldozer has 6898 pieces *huh* Also includes 4 motors and 1 hub.

See? I said it'd only have one hub!

21 minutes ago, LvdH said:

6898 pieces *huh* 

Wow!

Is TLG trying to give people hernia? Also 6898 pieces driven by (probably) only 2 motors is sure going to be sloooooow.