LvdH

Technic 2021 Set Discussion

2 hours ago, mpj said:

Front wheels of the loader with a brown axle with stop? :wacko:

Looks like 3L axle with stop, pushed from the outside through the wheel to the axle hole at the end of the 2x4 L-shaped liftarm.

2 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Looks like 3L axle with stop, pushed from the outside through the wheel to the axle hole at the end of the 2x4 L-shaped liftarm.

Interesting that they didn't just use a tan 2L pin

Maybe the need the 3L axle somewhere in the B model. I'd actually prefer the 3L axle, those are still on the uncommon side.

46 minutes ago, Saberwing40k said:

I'd actually prefer the 3L axle, those are still on the uncommon side.

That's a fair point, completely agree

9 hours ago, Homersapien said:

you can see that DBG pin on the white tail of the plane

That is

27940.png

16 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

lego-tecnic-42116-skid-steer-loader.jpg

Squee!

I see 3x2 red L beam on the rear. Unfortunatly without cross hole

Edited by Bluehose
Oh my it's a T beam

15 minutes ago, Bluehose said:

I see 3x2 red L beam on the rear. Unfortunatly without cross hole

Hi there! Remember not to quote whole pictures. Anyway, that's a T-beam. Not sure if we've seen it in red before.

We still haven't seen the pullbacks yet. Wonder if they'll have the new tyres...?

Edited by Maaboo35

15 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Not sure if we've seen it in red before.

Yeah in a few sets already (RTC, car transporter amongst others). Still not as common as black or bley though, good to see (again) a rarish part appear in the smallest set of the line-up.

lego-technic-1hy2021-42117-0002.jpg

Well, that's.... I'm not really sure what to make of this. This looks like some kind of weird NASA testbed, to be honest. It's kind of ugly, but if those white panels were adding some shaping to the nosecone instead of being canards, I think it would look way better.

Looks kind of like this, I think.

jqo21st0x8x31.jpg

Edited by Saberwing40k

23 minutes ago, Saberwing40k said:

Well, that's.... I'm not really sure what to make of this. This looks like some kind of weird NASA testbed, to be honest. It's kind of ugly, but if those white panels were adding some shaping to the nosecone instead of being canards, I think it would look way better.

What makes it weird (to me) is the combination of delta wing and a prop. There may be exceptions, but you rarely if ever see delta wings on subsonic aircraft, while propellers don't work on supersonic ones.

11 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

Looks kind of like this, I think.

Looks better than 42116's B-model.

So we have only the hovercraft (small model) and digger (medium model) left as sets with a possible B-model (assuming the Ferrari has none). I doubt that the (licensed) pullbacks will have a B-model this time.

Which totals the number of B-models to 4 (smallish), compared to 6 (larger) sets without... All hopes on Milan (Grohl) again...:laugh:

But seriously, as longtime, oldskool Lego builder it saddens me a bit to see the current demand is no longer asking for creativity... It is no surprise looking at the current state of the world around us, but still... I miss the old days: universal sets, ideas books, hints to multiple alternates on the backs of the boxes... -sigh-:cry_sad:

2 minutes ago, Rudivdk said:

universal sets, ideas books, hints to multiple alternates on the backs of the boxes

I am afraid that this is the result of doing successful business... For company is better if you will buy 3 differents sets (without B-models) rather than one set with many alternative models.

5 minutes ago, keymaker said:

I am afraid that this is the result of doing successful business... For company is better if you will buy 3 differents sets (without B-models) rather than one set with many alternative models.

...which is part of the general conception of the current world we live in. I understand and applaud the current market approach of TLG (they are doing a great job servicing the demand, we are getting loads of new sets and new pieces every year), but when I look at my kids for instance I see them approaching their Lego differently than I did when I was their age. They just want to build what's on the box and when they want something else they ask for a new set instead of rebuilding. And believe me I tried to make them use their existing parts for something new, but they don't have the patience for it it seems...

Anyway, we're drifting off topic... back to 2021 sets...

12 minutes ago, Rudivdk said:

So we have only the hovercraft (small model) and digger (medium model) left as sets with a possible B-model (assuming the Ferrari has none). I doubt that the (licensed) pullbacks will have a B-model this time.

Which totals the number of B-models to 4 (smallish), compared to 6 (larger) sets without... All hopes on Milan (Grohl) again...:laugh:

But seriously, as longtime, oldskool Lego builder it saddens me a bit to see the current demand is no longer asking for creativity... It is no surprise looking at the current state of the world around us, but still... I miss the old days: universal sets, ideas books, hints to multiple alternates on the backs of the boxes... -sigh-:cry_sad:

The pullbacks, excavator and totally-not-military-honest hovercraft all had 2-in-1 logos in the prelim catalogue, and I don't see why that would change. Plus one of the sites (Zusammengebaut, I think) mentioned that these sets have alternates.

@Maaboo35 that's good, but interesting at the same time. I'm curious what those pullbacks will have as B-model then... Did the monster trucks had their appearance changed over the years? A different detailing (perhaps stuff like bullbars etc.) is what comes to mind first. It would be weird to build an alternate with licensed stickers, or even weirder to have you remove the stickers for a B-model...

For many years, B-models expected you to remove the A-model's stickers. Thankfully this has been abandoned in modern times; most likely the pullbacks' B-models will be made-up monster trucks with the A-models' identifying stickers hidden.

Perhaps there will be a model that can be made "merging" two pullbacks is it was before, but IMHO pullbacks are only interesting when needed some parts and this set is cheaper than bricklink order for that...

Cool! That one is red in real life, although a slightly darker red. That makes me wonder...

So it looks like we have an endurance racing series here.

I bet in 2023 January we will get a Aston Martin Vantage GTE.