LvdH

Technic 2021 Set Discussion

Why are people talking of a Ultimate Supercar, surely that’s 2022 if they’re following the usual pattern 

Just now, Seasider said:

Why are people talking of a Ultimate Supercar, surely that’s 2022 if they’re following the usual pattern  

My opinion too. They probably have started with development already, but I don't think they have made a definite colour choice already, or know which panels exactly are needed. So to speculate that the leaked sets, that were designed more than half a year ago, were influenced by what panels the 2022 super car needs, is pretty far fetched.

9 hours ago, I_Igor said:

some 80mm could be good for rear tire if front is about 56...just like 8455 set

The new tires are too small to be used with Claas 107mm tires. This gives hope that something between these diameters will appear, i.e. around 80mm

I wonder what rear tires the buggy has...

Edited by eric trax

The black blank box 42125 is definitely Ferrari

I have another photo of all the box and I saw there was a Ferrari icon on the top right corner of the box

But sorry i can’t share the photo here

5 hours ago, Gumalca said:

They probably have started with development already, but I don't think they have made a definite colour choice already, or know which panels exactly are needed.

Agreed. The behind the scenes footage of the Sian's development showed the car in multiple colours

Sorry if I'm a bit late, a lot of replies to the topic to read. It looks like there is a 3x7 flat panel in yellow on the Jeep and in whatever blue the buggy is. There might be 2 in black on the McLaren at the doors, I can't tell. It also looks like there is a 3 wide straight micro panel that pairs with the existing micro panels. I see 2 in yellow on the front of the jeep, 2 in blue on the McLaren, and 2 in LBG on the front of the McLaren.

1 hour ago, Technicallism said:

The black blank box 42125 is definitely Ferrari

I have another photo of all the box and I saw there was a Ferrari icon on the top right corner of the box

But sorry i can’t share the photo here

Are you have more detailed picture of offroader and plane?

1 hour ago, mahjqa said:

"Because he wasn't the one leaking the pictures"

Yes he was.

Bloody hell I know right lol. Imagine leaking and not covering up watermarks.

I have to wonder if the retailer in question deliberately gave the catalog to wrong person for viewing or if it was an honest mistake, like maybe there was a dishonest employee who saw a chance and grabbed it? I'm sure the retailer knows the repercussions of this kind of leak so it's hard to believe they would willingly give the catalog to anyone unless it's absolutely necessary.

No way to know for sure though, and while it's a shitty thing to happen for the retailer, I guess we're the benefactors here, getting early info for the discussion.

51 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

Bloody hell I know right lol. Imagine leaking and not covering up watermarks.

You seem to have lost the point somewhere. It was never the intention of the retailer that these pictures got out to the public. He trusted someone who betrayed that trust. If we can go by the instagram story, of course. 

However, even in the instagram story the retailer knowingly and willingly shared the pictures with someone who shouldn't have had them. 

Also, I want to bet that the watermarks aren't the only thing that can identify the source of a leak to Lego. There are an infinite number of tiny variations or discolorations they could have put into the catalogues so that each is unique and identifiable in some way. just covering up watermarks is not going to cut it. 

8 hours ago, eric trax said:

The new tires are too small to be used with Claas 107mm tires. This gives hope that something between these diameters will appear, i.e. around 80mm

I wonder what rear tires the buggy has...

Agree on both, but I'm not good commentator on details, since I got only one link and due not to have account for specific society network I can not see them

@Jim please delete this message if I wrote something that I'm not allowed in this early  stage of 2021 sets philosophing round...

I feel interesting about the angled panel 5x11 color on the C+ buggy.

Is that dark red? Dark magenta? Dark Pink?

Any idea what’s the color call

1 hour ago, mahjqa said:

It was never the intention of the retailer that these pictures got out to the public. He trusted someone who betrayed that trust. If we can go by the instagram story, of course.

I know that, but even as a retailer if I had intentions to share a picture with anyone I'd remove any evidence of watermarks. It's totally on the shop owner though. NDA includes everyone, so I have nothing but big lols for the dude.

That being said I think Lego needs to pull the cactus out of their hole and chill out about leaks. Year after year we're reminded that every single attempt they make is always thwarted.

Edited by Bartybum

3 hours ago, angelool said:

It seems like there are leaked images for most of 2021 technic sets. Just ran into this video:

Hi. Welcome to EB.

I removed your video because it contained images with the confidential stamp on. Since we are recocognized fan media, we don't post images/videos with confidential stamps.

1 minute ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

Rumors say Ferrari 488 GTE for 42125. If so, maybe tons of stickers.

BTW there is a new 7x3 flat panel in this wave 

Oof, that will have a LOT of stickers, those GTE cars have a sick livery, but that is not going to be a lot of panels left unstickered

Still, i'd absolutely love a #51 AF Corse Le-mans GTE-pro car, i just hope they do a slightly better job on the proportions then with the 911 RSR

The new tires on both the Jeep and the Buggy are really welcomed indeed!

Also the new 3x7 panels are nicely spread on the models (at least what I spotted):
- 2x black as doors on the Grave Digger
- 2x DBG as doors on D-Max
- 2x yellow as hood and roof on Jeep
- 1x medium blue on hood of Buggy

Edit: Concerning the McLaren: Does each sticker count as a piece? I counted at least 20 per side... 

Edited by Jundis

Apparently there are no Speed Champion sets in the leaked catalog. Could it be that miniature cars will be in Technic from now on?

5 hours ago, mahjqa said:

You seem to have lost the point somewhere. It was never the intention of the retailer that these pictures got out to the public. He trusted someone who betrayed that trust.

A retailer must know the repercussions for leaking images and if the consequences are that severe why would someone even risk it. He may not of intended for the pictures to go public but giving them to just one person is still a member of the "public". I agree with Bartybum, he stuffed up.

Anyway back on topic, lets hope we get some more info on that Ferrari soon. Even if there are a lot of stickers like the Porsche I'd be more than happy if they put out a series of the GT3 race cars. 488 GT3 anyone?