LvdH

Technic 2021 Set Discussion

17 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

Well, actually, the 8448 came with instructions to integrate an RCX for "autonomous" driving, years before Tesla started massifying it. :wink:

Haha, your absolutely right. Lego has a way of surprising us with models so I won't be surprised if this soo called "EV3 Porsche" will actually be released. 

Highly unlikely it’s real. Set number 51513 belongs to some pens:

https://www.amazon.nl/Lego-51513-gelpen-zwart-blauw/dp/B015FM2GWW

1 hour ago, Technicallism said:

I think the Mindstorm Porsche might be real.

It posted thru Lego official IG in 5 pages of advertisement.

In one of those photos you see the wheels with the printed Porsche tiles from 42056 and in the rest you see the same “caps” as the 42096.

Edited by LvdH

47 minutes ago, LvdH said:

Highly unlikely it’s real. Set number 51513 belongs to some pens

51515 also used to belong to a set of LEGO branded pencils, and now it became the new Mindstorms set :) But the Porsche is still 100% fake. 

Where the hell did you find these Porche+mind storm photos?

May someone share the link (via private message)?

Thanks

11 minutes ago, Parazels said:

Thanks

I also just noticed the blue of the blue pins is totally wrong. It’s more dark grey ish. Clearly a result of photoshopping the red to turquoise. 

120370877_2694361634136963_5280521951879727525_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-syd2-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=103&_nc_ohc=k48AY61YFPMAX9cZtgv&_nc_tp=19&oh=0ae217e712512a69aa487df889d32afb&oe=5FA28BF6
19 minutes ago, Parazels said:

Thanks

Wow, I wish it were a real set!

Thank you guys, for the link and screenshots!

Few things bother me with that "leak"

• How are lights shining if none are included? Even if they used the sensor bricks, it means they have to use 2 and they need 7 ports in total.
  • How is Porsche logo printed on wheel nuts, when they are rounded?
  • What are 4 motor used for? For drive and steering 2 or 3 are enough.

On the other hand the graphics behind the model do look quite accurate and well designed... either it's a real concept, hastly desigend together like they did with those LED add-ons, or someone trying really hard to make a fake model.

EDIT: on second inspection, the graphics are from the original set, they were NOT updated to include the ultrasound sensor. I'm leaning more towards fake.

Edited by Zerobricks

There's also the totally pointless plain black stickers on the black panels at the front, and the fact that all the pins are greyed out

2 hours ago, LvdH said:

I also just noticed the blue of the blue pins is totally wrong. It’s more dark grey ish. Clearly a result of photoshopping the red to turquoise. 

Yeah, well, that's it....

42096-1.jpg?201812041022

First I thought the person who did this actually had the model and only the colors were photo shopped, but no it's done completely from the official 42096 image

rKznM2p.png

I think always cool to see what kind of stuff people come up with, but of course the downside is that they give false hope :sad: 

I think what seals it for me is the teal pin with pin holes above the windshield with the white pins. If you're gonna photoshop, at least be consistent!

13 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

Few things bother me with that "leak"

• How are lights shining if none are included? Even if they used the sensor bricks, it means they have to use 2 and they need 7 ports in total.
  • How is Porsche logo printed on wheel nuts, when they are rounded?
  • What is 4 motors used for? For drive and steering, 2 or 3 are enough.

On the other hand, the graphics behind the model do look quite accurate and well designed... either it's a real concept, hastily designed together as they did with those LED add-ons, or someone trying really hard to make a fake model.

EDIT: on the second inspection, the graphics are from the original set, they were NOT updated to include the ultrasound sensor. I'm leaning more towards fake.

Your right, It does look way too fake to be real. I mean besides the points @Zerobricks said there are obviously other things that make this unbelievable and unrealistic:

• Lego has turned down countless lego idea submissions that have reached 10,000 followers because of them colliding with other themes
  • Lego Mindstorms may use a lot of technic elements but a whole car just with mind-storm motors and sensors is a bit too much
  • What is the point using the bulky mind-storm control box and motors to power a sports car? (maybe for autonomous driving... but why) It seems a bit unnecessary.
  • No interior! :cry_sad:

51 minutes ago, Eaglefan344 said:

Are we expecting the new cars to fit on the car transporter? I'm torn on getting it and I believe it retires this year. 

It seems that Jeep and McLaren will fit transporter.

...and I believe that images will be sooner than transporter retires...

The English names in this thread's first post says "off-road vehicle" while the German name is listed as "geländewagen".

Now, I'm neither native English not German speaker, but AFAIK, in the English-speaking world, the word "geländewagen" is typically associated with a specific brand & model.

So, before I start a gossip, a question to German-speakers out there: how generic is that term? Simple googling appears equally biased towards that brand...

31 minutes ago, konryd said:

So, before I start a gossip, a question to German-speakers out there: how generic is that term? Simple googling appears equally biased towards that brand...

I’m not German either, but it seems quite generic. They have named unlicensed sets “geländewagen” before (or with that word in the name):

https://www.idealo.de/preisvergleich/OffersOfProduct/1055603_-technic-grosser-gelaendewagen-8297-lego.html

https://www.lego.com/de-de/product/4x4-x-treme-off-roader-42099

https://www.decotoys.ch/de/product_info.php?info=p2286_lego-technic--8066---gelaendewagen.html

Last link is Swiss, but you get the idea...

32 minutes ago, Frequenzberater said:

Yes, "Geländewagen" is not specific to any brand/model. Can be everything. 

I thought it was a Mercedes-Benz vehicle.

The excavator is apparently yellow with a black boom - sounds like a Volvo without the Volvo. Black chains as well; not sure if a Technic model has ever featured these before. And it even has a load, this time consisting of 2L beams. Cool. :thumbup: Shame we have to wait 'til March, though.

Ah well, at least there's the skidsteer. Blue seat means it'll probably be the same scale as 42032 but with wheels this time, so more parts have likely been used for the cab. Wonder what colour the hubs are - white would look good next to 8283! :moar: