LvdH

Technic 2021 Set Discussion

8 hours ago, mortenm said:

8862 in '89 :classic:

Yeah, it’s been 31 years ago, and 32 if appear next year. Do we need wait that long? Or even never?

Some of the repeat vehicle previously:

Mobile Crane:
2005, 2013

Excavator:
2010, 2019

Tow Truck:
2005, 2017

6 hours ago, Technicallism said:

Yeah, it’s been 31 years ago, and 32 if appear next year. Do we need wait that long? Or even never?

There was also 8455 in 2003, which was that year's flagship and probably the most thoroughly pneumatic set ever with 10 pneumatic cylinders, though no motorized compressor.

2 hours ago, howitzer said:

There was also 8455 in 2003, which was that year's flagship and probably the most thoroughly pneumatic set ever with 10 pneumatic cylinders, though no motorized compressor.

yes and it is stil IMHO one of greatest sets ever :thumbup: 

I understand that someone out there already get the catalogue and most of the 1HY sets appeared, except the Ferrari which is in black blank image....

9 minutes ago, Technicallism said:

I understand that someone out there already get the catalogue and most of the 1HY sets appeared, except the Ferrari which is in black blank image....

we will find out in a few weeks perhaps...

I’m most excited for the Ferrari but also can’t wait to see the rest. Ferrari will probably be kept secret until end of February though. 

11 minutes ago, LvdH said:

I’m most excited for the Ferrari but also can’t wait to see the rest. Ferrari will probably be kept secret until end of February though. 

Why February? It’s official release January 2021

5 minutes ago, Technicallism said:

Why February? It’s official release January 2021

Thought it said March in the Stonewars.de article. Oops. I’ll edit the main post. 

I'm qurious to see what colours the sets are. Hopefully the jeep has some on the new yellow panels... Assuming that it will be yellow 

Edited by nahpets

10 minutes ago, nahpets said:

I'm qurious to see what colours the sets are. Hopefully the jeep has some on the new yellow panels... Assuming that it will be yellow 

Perhaps 42117 Racing plane would have small yellow panels...

4 hours ago, I_Igor said:

we will find out in a few weeks perhaps...

Ferrari will probably be revealed late...

10 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

Ferrari will probably be revealed late...

Agree 

1 hour ago, nahpets said:

I wish we got more "cool yellow" sets!

This is a new and still rare color (look Fiat 500 Creator).

Just now, Akbalder said:

A leak of a Mindstorm Porsche appeared. It's very close to what we see in technic sets.

That's an awfully bad photoshop work and makes no sense at all. 

Same, I find it like @kblalage said, a really bad photoshop. Plus Mindstorms has been more on the educational and programming side of things. I could possibly believe that instead of being a Porsche car it could be a robotic factory that makes lego Porsche's... I mean it sounds more believable than an EV3 Porsche! :def_shrug:

There's just so much wrong with it...

1. The obviously shitty photoshop of an ultrasonic sensor on the front bumper
  2. Skid steering with one motor per wheel, and no steering motor...
  3. No light piece behind the headlights, only a round 2x2 brick (you can even see the cross axle holding it in place)

I don't buy for a second that it's real

Just now, Bartybum said:

There's just so much wrong with it...

1. The obviously shitty photoshop of an ultrasonic sensor on the front bumper
  2. Skid steering with one motor per wheel, and no steering motor...
  3.  No light piece behind the headlights, only a round 2x2 brick (you can even see the cross axle holding it in place)

I don't buy for a second that it's real

Your right, but how cool would it be if there could be an official Lego Technic Ripsaw

One that is heaps better than the RC tracked race, and stunt racer. Something with suspension in the tracks and a nice interior with power functions... wait control plus, I forgot that they made the change to control plus this year.

4 hours ago, CrazyKreations said:

Your right, but how cool would it be if there could be an official Lego Technic Ripsaw

One that is heaps better than the RC tracked race, and stunt racer. Something with suspension in the tracks and a nice interior with power functions... wait control plus, I forgot that they made the change to control plus this year. 

How cool would it be if you posted that in the future set wishes and speculations thread :tongue:

7 hours ago, CrazyKreations said:

Plus Mindstorms has been more on the educational and programming side of things. I could possibly believe that instead of being a Porsche car it could be a robotic factory that makes lego Porsche's... I mean it sounds more believable than an EV3 Porsche! :def_shrug:

Well, actually, the 8448 came with instructions to integrate an RCX for "autonomous" driving, years before Tesla started massifying it. :wink: