LvdH

Technic 2021 Set Discussion [don't ask for new info or pics]

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

It is concerning that TLG have phased out alternate models for the larger sets.

 

21 hours ago, MarkyMark42 said:

One thing I'd like to see more of though, whether the set is branded or not, is more official B models

Considering C+ need individual profile for each model not like PF, B model is discontinued because of this.

Of course still possable make totally different model which use same profile like my 3 of 42114 hauler alternative model but it is very harder than make A model.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, -_-Husky-_- said:

Why? I don't get it.This is about the upcoming sets. So why can't we post leaked images?

Thanks for trying to help, but please read the site rules. There is a section about leaked images. 
As explained, we do not post leaked images with the confidential mark on them, but please do discuss them here :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Milan said:

As explained, we do not post leaked images with the confidential mark on them, but please do discuss them here :thumbup:

Discussing impressions taken from pictures without being allowed even to refer (link) to them - that does not appear to be reasonable to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, anyUser said:

Discussing impressions taken from pictures without being allowed even to refer (link) to them - that does not appear to be reasonable to me.

Let's not turn this thread into a place to express opinions about rules.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, anyUser said:

that does not appear to be reasonable to me. 

I cannot add anything more that has already been said, both in this topic and in the site guidelines.
I will quote Jim from one page before:

Quote

we are part of the  recognized fan media. This means we play by the rules and get benefits in return. That's why we get review sets, that's why we have prizes for contest, that's we will be offered opportunities to ask questions to designers, that's why we (we is me as an Ambassador) have access to the LAN (LEGO Ambassador Network) to be able to communicate with TLG and other fan media, and then some. So yeah, this is a public forum where you can discuss leaked sets, but we have agreed not to share leaked photos. Usually there is no need for it either, because they are all over the Internet anyway.

That being said, I see no point discussing it any further. If you have any more questions or remarks, you can send me, or any moderator, a PM.

Back to topic, guys! :excited:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, sawyer klegr said:

That Ferrari looks great! Hopefully will be more affordable than the Lambo and Bugatti...

What Ferrari?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sm1995 said:

What Ferrari?

He probably means that thing only recognisable by the stickers :wink: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LvdH said:

He probably means that thing only recognisable by the stickers :wink: 

Ooh, burn on Lars Krogh Jensen!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Ooh, burn on Lars Krogh Jensen!

And 100% wrong if it is about 42125, you can complain about its technic functions and the ride height, but the shape is bang on, especially for the budget

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

And 100% wrong if it is about 42125, you can complain about its technic functions and the ride height, but the shape is bang on, especially for the budget

The overal proportions, maybe. But the actual bodywork is very messy, especially the rear half. I bought it to build once and then use the pieces in something else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, LvdH said:

The overal proportions, maybe. But the actual bodywork is very messy, especially the rear half. I bought it to build once and then use the pieces in something else. 

100% agreed.

Technic isn’t really a great platform to focus on bodywork anyway, given its inherent limitations in creating smooth gap-less surfaces. I’ll take functions any day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sm1995 said:

I’ll take functions any day.

Amen, but they totally failed to deliver on that front with the 488

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bartybum said:

Amen, but they totally failed to deliver on that front with the 488

Agreed, and from that perspective i dont like it.

 

From the perspective of someone who had the Racers Enzo and 599 from a decade ago, and desperately wanted an improved version with suspension, and a fan of GTE racing, im absolutely overjoyed with my 488GTE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, vectormatic said:

From the perspective of someone who had the Racers Enzo and 599 from a decade ago, and desperately wanted an improved version with suspension, and a fan of GTE racing, im absolutely overjoyed with my 488GTE

Even with the price in mind?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bartybum said:

Even with the price in mind?

MSRP, no obviously, lego MSRP is too high imho, and i (almost) never buy without at least a 20% discount. For the ~€130 i paid for the 488GTE, i am more then satisfied.

It replaced my creator expert F40 as a showpiece in the living room, and as such it looks very good. I still think it is pretty light on features as a technic set (just like 42096, it should have a 4 spd gearbox, or at least a 2 spd, those are easy as can be with the modern 20z clutchgear, and dont need a complex shifter mechanism), but as a Ferrari, GTE and just allround car-fan, it is an excellent set if you can find a reasonable discount.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vectormatic said:

For the ~€130 i paid for the 488GTE, i am more then satisfied.

Hell yeah, nice find

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bartybum said:

Hell yeah, nice find 

Thanks, as i said, i hardly ever buy lego at MSRP these days, if you are willing to wait a bit, a 20% discount is pretty much guaranteed to show up, with more being very possible. I paid €300 for the Chiron (Vs a €400 msrp here), €110 for the 911RSR (€150 MSRP), €80 for the charger (€100 MSRP) and the Sian is available at €290 (€370 MSRP).

The last set i bought at MSRP was the Ducati, which at €55 wasnt pricey enough that i was willing to wait for a discount, it looked good enough to suffer paying the extra €10 to have it right then and there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bartybum said:

Hell yeah, nice find

That's not even a "nice find". That's more or less the regular price in The Netherlands. Lucky us :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vectormatic said:

Thanks, as i said, i hardly ever buy lego at MSRP these days, if you are willing to wait a bit, a 20% discount is pretty much guaranteed to show up, with more being very possible. I paid €300 for the Chiron (Vs a €400 msrp here), €110 for the 911RSR (€150 MSRP), €80 for the charger (€100 MSRP) and the Sian is available at €290 (€370 MSRP).

The last set i bought at MSRP was the Ducati, which at €55 wasnt pricey enough that i was willing to wait for a discount, it looked good enough to suffer paying the extra €10 to have it right then and there.

I think I won: I got the 42055 BWE for 160€ :wink:

I'm not sure if I should go for the Ferrari, even for 140 something.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you’re just looking for red parts the Ferrari is an excellent parts kit. It’s just not worth €180. €150 is also too much I think. At €120 would be the price I would consider buying it for parts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chlego said:

I think I won: I got the 42055 BWE for 160€ :wink:

I'm not sure if I should go for the Ferrari, even for 140 something.

 

How about the defender for €110?  (oh, and i can pull an ace, i once found a near complete 8880 in box at a thriftstore for €25)

And to each his own, i wouldnt pay €160 for a BWE, im much more of a car guy then a construction guy

 

2 hours ago, LvdH said:

If you’re just looking for red parts the Ferrari is an excellent parts kit. It’s just not worth €180. €150 is also too much I think. At €120 would be the price I would consider buying it for parts.  

Yeah, there are a few interesting parts in there, especially in red, but also a lot of basic generic stuff, as a parts kit id say it is worth even less then €120, depending on where your preferences lie (i already have a TON of engine bits, the tires are also a dime a dozen, the wheels are nice though)

 

2 hours ago, Jim said:

That's not even a "nice find". That's more or less the regular price in The Netherlands. Lucky us :laugh:

Yup, this was from Bol.com, im sure it will be available for an even lower price at some point in the future. We might get screwed by lego on the MSRP compared to other EU countries, but at least we get decent deals if you're patient

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2021 at 2:08 AM, Bartybum said:

Amen, but they totally failed to deliver on that front with the 488

This just became that much more evident after building the 10283 Space Shuttle. I didn’t want to be one of those naysayers, but it’s a sad day when a system set has cleverer and more intricate mechanisms than most technic sets. What happened?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just for my curiosity (haha), what kind of mechanism comes the space shuttle with? 

Judging the official lifestyle pics I can find nothing besides simple hinges. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.