LvdH

Technic 2021 Set Discussion

9 minutes ago, Frequenzberater said:

Just for my curiosity (haha), what kind of mechanism comes the space shuttle with? 

Judging the official lifestyle pics I can find nothing besides simple hinges. 

Very easy to find on YouTube

37 minutes ago, Frequenzberater said:

what kind of mechanism comes the space shuttle with?

The landing gear is spring-loaded and pops out, but retracting it is manual. Also, rotating the central engine nozzle turns the ailerons.

Yeah the way they used only the bottom half of those technic hinge plates on the shuttle but with an axle going through instead of a typical pin connection is genius.

As is the landing gear mechanism though it would have been nice to add steering for the nose landing gear somehow

Edited by SNIPE

I just saw this on Facebook...

1280x1772.JPG

The link refers to: https://www.renaultgroup.com/en/news-on-air/top-stories-2/victory-in-alpines-dna/?fbclid=IwAR0CfuktiHF1stB5OrXt8k-bWYQE0ysig4Oa-Dq0qQjPHxS455fegjyjA1Q  

not sure why the person in the image is building Lego... Maybe a new set in the making? Seems like a teaser for a marketing campaign... and talking with "co-branding experience" - just to be allowed to show products of another brand, you need to do "a lot of talking"... mostly signing contracts before doing so. 

any thoughts? :)

11 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

seriously, another sodding car, TLG? 

If it has as many gears as are in front of that guy l wouldn't mind another car 😁

Given that there's also a PF train remote in the image, I would take the rest of what's in it with a grain of salt.

1 minute ago, AVCampos said:

Given that there's also a PF train remote in the image, I would take the rest of what's in it with a grain of salt.

Not to mention the classic foam tyres.

Teaser if upcoming 42130 set? If rumors have any meaning; 42127 that will cost about 100€ highly unlikely is a set without gearbox.

Yes, but I suspect more advanced than 2 speed when major manufacturer is involved, specially with their racing brand Alpine, so perhaps some endurance model or 410? (Just pure speculation)

10 hours ago, AVCampos said:

Is that even a PF train remote? It does look like one, but it has much more black on the front than is normal. Perhaps it is some chinese remote, or it simply has stickers or parts on top of it.

There’s also no blue to be found either.  Seems like a stock photo.

4 hours ago, KevinMD said:

There’s also no blue to be found either.  Seems like a stock photo.

As @R4ph mentioned the guy on the photo works for Renault, and it's a screenshot from the story where he explains how he used LEGO to model and develop a hybrid powertrain. An interesting story but has nothing to do with any new sets.

The 41685 introduces what appears to be a large Technic ring, with 6 pinholes 4 pinholes and 2 axleholes distributed around its edges. Brickset's image shows two of them in yellow, on the right:

https://brickset.com/sets/41685-1/Magical-Funfair-Rollercoaster

I wonder what uses they can have for Technic models.

Edited by AVCampos
Looked better at the image and corrected hole type

52 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

Miniature fun-size compact portable le petite 42055, 42082, and 42100

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

3 hours ago, AVCampos said:

I'm sure GBC builders will think of something.

11 hours ago, AVCampos said:

Since they're yellow, I'd assume that we'll see them more in some sort of City construction set

There are many sets being officially announced in other themes for releases in june. Will the technic sets be announced too or will they come later?

17 minutes ago, Akbalder said:

There are many sets being officially announced in other themes for releases in june. Will the technic sets be announced too or will they come later?

Nobody knows, but from memory it's often been the case that everything drops more or less at once

Hello mates.

Any official photos from new June sets?

23 minutes ago, Aris said:

Any official photos from new June sets?

You can find leaks online. No official ones yet.
If there were new pictures, they would be posted.

Someone should really append "No we don't know when photos are coming" to the topic title :look:

Gotta admit, it's getting really annoying. Constantly getting baited into opening the thread expecting photos or discussion, only to find yet another person asking the same old thing

Edited by Bartybum