LvdH

Technic 2021 Set Discussion

Just now, sm1995 said:

I don’t get this. This forum is not associate with TLG in a legal footing as far as I’m aware. So why aren’t we allowed to share leaked images? 

There's a thing called good will. And let's not turn this thread into a place to question or protest rules.

3 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

There's a thing called good will. And let's not turn this thread into a place to question or protest rules.

I don’t want to either, so I won’t. 

But it’s an interesting rule that I’ve always questioned. In my opinion, forums are supposed to be an open arena for the expression of free will, as long as the intent isn’t malicious. And I don’t think sharing leaked photos that anyone could access with a little bit of detective work is malicious in intent.

Thats my last post on this. I apologize for detailing the thread. Let’s get back on topic :)

27 minutes ago, sm1995 said:

I don’t get this. This forum is not associate with TLG in a legal footing as far as I’m aware. So why aren’t we allowed to share leaked images? 

This forum is a Recognized community by TLG, and agreed to follow the rules so no obviously confidential images are allowed. 

15 hours ago, sm1995 said:

But it’s an interesting rule that I’ve always questioned. In my opinion, forums are supposed to be an open arena for the expression of free will, as long as the intent isn’t malicious. And I don’t think sharing leaked photos that anyone could access with a little bit of detective work is malicious in intent.

Thats my last post on this. I apologize for detailing the thread. Let’s get back on topic :)

I will chime in before we go on topic again; Like other states we are part of the  recognized fan media. This means we play by the rules and get benefits in return. That's why we get review sets, that's why we have prizes for contest, that's we will be offered opportunities to ask questions to designers, that's why we (we is me as an Ambassador) have access to the LAN (LEGO Ambassador Network) to be able to communicate with TLG and other fan media, and then some. So yeah, this is a public forum where you can discuss leaked sets, but we have agreed not to share leaked photos. Usually there is no need for it either, because they are all over the Internet anyway.

And I thought LAN is abbreviation for Local Area Network... Silly me :innocent:

16 hours ago, LvdH said:

Fine, no more info from me. :hmpf:

Information is okay, but no leaked photos.

There is a new type of technic panel in the recently revealed creator Space Shuttle set:

q8jRhqa.jpg

pk5UWog.jpg

Maybe we can find it in some of the upcoming technic sets too?

55 minutes ago, Frequenzberater said:

There is a new type of technic panel in the recently revealed creator Space Shuttle set:

Maybe we can find it in some of the upcoming technic sets too?

Perhaps you could put the same post in General parts discussion topic also. Nice find :thumbup:

(When I saw price - 180€ first thing Crossed my mind is "Houston we have a problem" (again))

Edited by I_Igor

This is more like crossover panel, as it have on the other end also studs

I made a comment on the shuttle cargo bay door panel in its thread. I don’t see this as a Technic panel because of the studs and anti studs on the non hinge end. I think this is more likely to end up in future system sets than Technic ones

So far among the sets with available candies I'm only interested in the Tow Truck. The 42070 clone and 8275 clone are a bit underwhelming. We still have two candies to wait for: one is a 99.99$ IP Vehicle, and the other one is a 139.99$ IP Vehicle.

Isn't it quite sad when the set that got the most hype (at least in this community) is a plain old manual Technic-ish common vehicle and not some branded RC electronics flagship?

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

10 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

So far among the sets with available candies I'm only interested in the Tow Truck. The 42070 clone and 8275 clone are a bit underwhelming. We still have two candies to wait for: one is a 99.99$ IP Vehicle, and the other one is a 139.99$ IP Vehicle.

Isn't it quite sad when the set that got the most hype (at least in this community) is the plain old manual Technic-ish common vehicle and not some branded RC electronics flagship?

"Sad" is one way to put it, but to me this tells that what most people actually want is something smaller and more affordable but still functional. Of course we here at Eurobricks are just a small bunch of enthusiasts, and probably only a small sidenote on TLG's marketing focus. Still, I don't think they can keep up this Liebherr-level price of flagships for very long, at some point they'll have to downsize a bit. If the D11T is really smaller/cheaper than the first rumours said, maybe we're seeing this downsizing happening now?

The problem is that the prices don´t downsize  now it seems you MUST have an official licence for everything (tow truck the exception that confirms the rule). This is also due to the massive  price tag they put on the sub standard control plus items - remember we lemmings have to provide the control device too!

11 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

The problem is that the prices don´t downsize

But remember. Everything is still rumor and nothing officially confirmed.

55 minutes ago, howitzer said:

"Sad" is one way to put it, but to me this tells that what most people actually want is something smaller and more affordable but still functional. Of course we here at Eurobricks are just a small bunch of enthusiasts, and probably only a small sidenote on TLG's marketing focus. Still, I don't think they can keep up this Liebherr-level price of flagships for very long, at some point they'll have to downsize a bit. If the D11T is really smaller/cheaper than the first rumours said, maybe we're seeing this downsizing happening now?

I'm not sure that it's downsizing that's what's needed. If the flagship is too big and expensive, it doesn't matter as there are also smaller sets available. Sets can be as big and expensive as they like so long as there's a reason behind it, like it might need to be that big to fit in all the functions, like 42055 for example.  I think this is saying that IPs and RC is not AS desirable as mechanical authenticity. Both would be great (like an RC pneumatic Arocs) but for a few years in a row now the flagship has sacrificed mechanical novelty and realism for the sake of RC and control+, it's as if RC/control+ can't coexist with mechanical novelty and realism, only with IPs and high prices, but I still don't see why this has to be the case. I think reading the results of my recent poll in the "technic is for kids" thread would allow most people to both predict and explain the reactions that these sets are getting.

I think we could be starting to look at an increase in the what I'll call "medium" sized sets or smaller sets with RC/control+. I think this kind of services a lot of current technic fans, you have one group that prefer mechanical playability and another group that prefer "remote" playability.

I'm ok with the current releases of the "ultimate" sets, for me I know there's one every two years as I'm only really interested in the cars, not so much the construction sets. As I'm sure there is the opposite to me who prefer the construction sets and don't give a shit about the cars.

I'm in no way saying that there isn't a crossover between the two of course.

One thing I'd like to see more of though, whether the set is branded or not, is more official B models

22 minutes ago, MarkyMark42 said:

One thing I'd like to see more of though, whether the set is branded or not, is more official B models

It is concerning that TLG have phased out alternate models for the larger sets.

21 minutes ago, MarkyMark42 said:

I think we could be starting to look at an increase in the what I'll call "medium" sized sets or smaller sets with RC/control+. I think this kind of services a lot of current technic fans, you have one group that prefer mechanical playability and another group that prefer "remote" playability.

I'm ok with the current releases of the "ultimate" sets, for me I know there's one every two years as I'm only really interested in the cars, not so much the construction sets. As I'm sure there is the opposite to me who prefer the construction sets and don't give a shit about the cars.

I'm in no way saying that there isn't a crossover between the two of course.

Your not wrong mate, but we can all agree on that the old construction style (more functional) LEGO technic sets earlier than this Powered up era was soooo much better. E.g Mercedes Arocs, Unimog and the Crane truck.

On 3/28/2021 at 2:54 PM, allanp said:

I'm not sure that it's downsizing that's what's needed. If the flagship is too big and expensive, it doesn't matter as there are also smaller sets available. Sets can be as big and expensive as they like so long as there's a reason behind it, like it might need to be that big to fit in all the functions, like 42055 for example.  I think this is saying that IPs and RC is not AS desirable as mechanical authenticity. Both would be great (like an RC pneumatic Arocs) but for a few years in a row now the flagship has sacrificed mechanical novelty and realism for the sake of RC and control+, it's as if RC/control+ can't coexist with mechanical novelty and realism, only with IPs and high prices, but I still don't see why this has to be the case. I think reading the results of my recent poll in the "technic is for kids" thread would allow most people to both predict and explain the reactions that these sets are getting.

Maybe I should've been talking about price rather than size, as sets like 42055 and 42082 were enormous but still very affordable. On the other hand, supercars and large C+ sets like 42100 and 42114 are pretty expensive. Supercars have their audience, the premium branding and packaging are clearly an important value for some people and they don't even try to be playable models so I see no problem with them (quality issues notwithstanding). Large C+ models are made to be played with, but they seem to be too large to comfortably play with and being expensive, I imagine that there's not that many people who are willing to buy even one, and of those who do buy one, might not be that interested in getting a second one. So producing them year after year will wear the interested audience thin and the sales plummet. At least that's what I'm guessing will happen.

Mid-size sets seem to be the place where Technic excels at, something like 1000-2000 parts. Lots of possibilities for functionality and looks, while still being affordable enough that there's a lot of prospective buyers. Smaller than that, and sacrifices have to be made so they are more like entry-level sets, and larger ones get really expensive if there's a lot of electronics involved.

9 minutes ago, -_-Husky-_- said:

Leaked images:

Welcome to Eurobricks, the forum where we don't post leaked images. I'd suggest to remove them asap.

5 minutes ago, kbalage said:

Welcome to Eurobricks, the forum where we don't post leaked images. I'd suggest to remove them asap.

Why? I don't get it.This is about the upcoming sets. So why can't we post leaked images?

Just now, -_-Husky-_- said:

Why? I don't get it.This is about the upcoming sets. So why can't we post leaked images?

The answer is in your question - because they are leaked images, not shared officially. Eurobricks is a Recognized LEGO community, and the status comes with certain rules. It is fine to talk about the upcoming sets but it is not ok to share leaked images.

Just now, kbalage said:

The answer is in your question - because they are leaked images, not shared officially. Eurobricks is a Recognized LEGO community, and the status comes with certain rules. It is fine to talk about the upcoming sets but it is not ok to share leaked images.

Okay, that makes sense. I'm sorry, didn't know that. Thanks for explaining.