LvdH

Technic 2021 Set Discussion

1 hour ago, vectormatic said:

No new since the leaked catalog pics on the entire lineup AFAIK, so no clue.

Might be an F1 car even, and all this colour-discussion is moot :P

Well 18th November is not so far away, so we should be more clever by then...

7 minutes ago, konryd said:

Sorry if it's been written earlier in the thread, but what happens on November 18? 

Sariel has apparently said he will post a review on nov 19th, so that means that by nov 18th, lego themselves would have probably announced them officially.

On 11/6/2020 at 3:41 PM, vectormatic said:

Sariel has apparently said he will post a review on nov 19th, so that means that by nov 18th, lego themselves would have probably announced them officially.

In the comments on Facebook he said that the embargo date for the review has been postponed to 1st January.

3 minutes ago, mpj said:

In the comments on Facebook he said that the embargo date for the review has been postponed to 1st January.

That is not good news at all...but what I wait for are official images

Just now, I_Igor said:

That is not good news at all...but what I wait for are official images

Enjoy the waiting.

Because waiting is enjoyable anyway,

however the final result can be either enjoyable or disappointing.

Therefore, waiting is better ))))))

4 minutes ago, Parazels said:

Enjoy the waiting.

:laugh:

12 minutes ago, Parazels said:

Enjoy the waiting.

Wise words :laugh:

8 hours ago, Jim said:

Wise words :laugh:

Yes, there are much worse things... :sceptic:

20 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Yes, there are much worse things... :sceptic:

Like what...?

On 11/8/2020 at 5:28 AM, Parazels said:

Enjoy the waiting.

Well, i never expect review will come so early like in November.

But it’s doesn’t means official image from official announcement won’t, where probably suggest that this month will announce.

1 hour ago, Technicallism said:

Like what...?

Well pandemic will be gone, but economy will need years to get back on feet...and I'm afraid this could influence on TLC...

3 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Well pandemic will be gone, but economy will need years to get back on feet...and I'm afraid this could influence on TLC...

No worries. If TLC really affected, it means lesser good set to produce, then it best to convince you spend lesser, better right? ?

4 minutes ago, Technicallism said:

No worries. If TLC really affected, it means lesser good set to produce, then it best to convince you spend lesser, better right? ?

yes, something like it, it could be even to spent nothing :wink: but I really hope that I'll be able to purchase Jeep Rubicon at least, and I'm a bit curious what awaits us in 2nd wave (but it is to soon for that)...

On 11/6/2020 at 8:16 PM, vectormatic said:

No new since the leaked catalog pics on the entire lineup AFAIK, so no clue.

Might be an F1 car even, and all this colour-discussion is moot :P

So it would still be red :laugh:

On 11/8/2020 at 11:41 PM, I_Igor said:

If the economy does get back on its feet...

Cannot wait to see new Lego Technic sets! I hope the "knobby" tractor tires for the buggy are more like A/T tires instead of tractor tires :sceptic:

Thanks @I_Igor for showing me the photos! 

That is interesting how they put "tractor-like" tires on the jeep set, I wonder why? The buggy looks pretty cool, the tires are perfect. I wonder if they are introducing a new wheel with the buggy…   …although they might be the wheel 56904. I could not tell from photos. 

I cannot wait to see the official release!

On 10/30/2020 at 1:56 AM, Kaanere said:

TLG doesn't need to justify Price per Part since that's a metric used solely by AFOLs. And like @Gumalca said, this particular set has electronic parts which cost more to produce than normal parts

Yes, I'm aware that TLG doesn't literally need to "justify" PpP in sets that they produce for retail sale, but it certainly is to their benefit and to the obvious detriment of their critics if they stick within the generally accepted margins of what consumers - not just AFOLs, but any customers - are willing to pay for their core offerings each HY. It's not a matter of pandering to AFOLs; it's a matter of keeping their products palatable enough to ward off most of the typical incessant detractors.

Irrespective of that, I appreciate you folks clarifying that their are electronic elements in 42124, as that wraps up the question pretty neatly. Thanks!

8 hours ago, Azani said:

the generally accepted margins of what consumers - not just AFOLs, but any customers - are willing to pay

Last weekend in supermarket: a woman had a Lego set at the checkout, asks about the price. Was 12 Euro. She said no, she's not gonna buy. Well, little did she know that was actually 40% off comparing to normal price...

This just shows, many people don't have the slightest idea what the general accepted margins for Lego sets are.

1 minute ago, Gumalca said:

Last weekend in supermarket: a woman had a Lego set at the checkout, asks about the price. Was 12 Euro. She said no, she's not gonna buy. Well, little did she know that was actually 40% off comparing to normal price...

This just shows, many people don't have the slightest idea what the general accepted margins for Lego sets are.

...but we can not judge someone; perhaps she had only 10€ at disposal...I know from my experience when I had on my credit cad half an euro less that one set (42009) on huge discount and never got it because I needed to wait for my payment two weeks and set was sold few hours later... :hmpf_bad:

I don't know, but are there really people who by lego with last money? Especially set for 12EUR.

17 minutes ago, Jurss said:

I don't know, but are there really people who by lego with last money? Especially set for 12EUR.

You should never underestimate side-effects of this pandemic; panic everywhere, uncertainty, etc, so it is possible that this influenced lady mentioned in @Gumalca's post...but look at the bright side; today is the 12th and very soon we will have more info about 2021 1H sets...

...and there are also people who buy LEGO sets because they are (a kind of) addicted to their hobby...I think this kind of "addiction" is welcomed by TLC

51 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

...and there are also people who buy LEGO sets because they are (a kind of) addicted to their hobby...I think this kind of "addiction" is welcomed by TLC

Welcomed? Cultivated! I think their business model kinda depends on people buying more sets even when they have tens of thousands of bricks already...

20 minutes ago, astyanax said:

Welcomed? Cultivated! I think their business model kinda depends on people buying more sets even when they have tens of thousands of bricks already...

Well, you can look that way, that is why I use ""

Nevertheless, lets concentrate on 2021 info we have...

1 hour ago, astyanax said:

Best way to do that is with new parts of course!

3 hours ago, allanp said:

Best way to do that is with new parts of course!

Yep! I doubt I would buy anything new from Lego if they didn't keep making new parts. As it is, my new Lego consumption amounts to about a $100 Bricks & Pieces order each year to pick up new parts.