LvdH

Technic 2021 Set Discussion

30 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

here are also some newer or much more modern Farrari cars in (as you said) dark red

https://rossoautomobili.com/blogs/magazine/15-shades-of-ferrari-red

I see your points, and they look awesome, but from a certain point of view, a striking red color is what most people imagine when they hear 'Ferrari'. So any other color but red could put them off of it.

And speaking of colors, I wasn't specific enough, sorry, I was thinkink in Lego's palette. As you said wine red, it still would be dark red :sceptic:

Edited by Jockos

8 minutes ago, Jockos said:

And speaking of colors, I wasn't specific enough, sorry, I was thinkink in Lego's palette. As you said wine red, it still would be dark red :sceptic:

It's OK; from economic point of view your suggestion is the most plausible, but there is also a possibility that TLC surprises us with some unique colour or shade; just remember 2017 with number of blue shades...

30 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

there is also a possibility that TLC surprises us with some unique colour or shade; just remember 2017 with number of blue shades...

Yes, not all surprises are good surprises.

I’m wondering if it could be blue. Doubtful but with 42123 having lots of blue panels + soft axle maybe it’s a possibility. I’ve seen a few blue Ferraris around my city.

Edited by TechnicRCRacer

I meant the standard Lego Red as opposed to Dark Red. This is closet to the classic Ferrari Red, which there have been various shades of over the years.

I’d be surprised to see a Lego Technic Ferrari model being any colour apart from that.

How about a yellow ferrari. That will allow TLC to reuse the yellow that has been used for the Volvo 42114 and the 42108 crane.

Edited by arijitdas

59 minutes ago, arijitdas said:

How about a yellow ferrari. That will allow TLC to reuse the yellow that has been used for the Volvo 42114 and the 42108 crane.

Like this one; not my favourite design, but it is yellow...honestly somehow I agree with @Seasider (he is in car industry if I remembered correctly); most logical choice is red, since from 80s (when popularisation of Cavalino Rampante started in movies) mostly they were red and red colour for Ferrari is something that has rooted in our subconscious as time goes by...  

On 11/4/2020 at 4:16 AM, Seasider said:

Im most looking forward to seeing what the buggy looks like, and also the new tyres with the ‘knobbly’ tread

Me too:)

10 minutes ago, Evan-Eleven the Engineer said:

Me too:)

and of course it's size :wink:

@I_Igor yes I work in the car industry but not for Ferrari. I’m still hoping one day Lego will make an official model of the cars I work on.

I just think the bright red is pure iconic Ferrari. Think of an F40, or Magnums 308 or even a modern F8 and bright red is what most people think of. It’s the iconic colour for the brand and for a non car person if they saw a bright red sportscar from a distance they may guess it was a Ferrari.

Just now, Seasider said:

@I_Igor yes I work in the car industry but not for Ferrari. I’m still hoping one day Lego will make an official model of the cars I work on.

I just think the bright red is pure iconic Ferrari. Think of an F40, or Magnums 308 or even a modern F8 and bright red is what most people think of. It’s the iconic colour for the brand and for a non car person if they saw a bright red sportscar from a distance they may guess it was a Ferrari.

I understand that you don not work for Ferrari since you are on the British Islands. About red colour Ferrari (Rosso corsa is the most famous if I remember) agree F40. Magnums 308 GTS and specially (for me) 288 GTO are the ones that caused WOW effect when I was young, but mostly based on design I'm a bit old-fashioned (including Ferrari cars)

Just one funny thing about red colour and Maranello...

1 hour ago, I_Igor said:

most logical choice is red, since from 80s (when popularisation of Cavalino Rampante started in movies) mostly they were red and red colour for Ferrari is something that has rooted in our subconscious as time goes by...

BUT, the very very original Ferrari color is actually yellow!

6 minutes ago, chlego said:

BUT, the very very original Ferrari color is actually yellow!

And now I'm colour blind :laugh:

Ferrari_125_S.jpg

Just now, chlego said:

Well...

But I agree it should be red

BTW, 125 S is the first Ferrari (if we neglect Auto Avio Costruzioni 815), and Dino 246 GTS is from 1960s :wink: but it is a legend despite (only V) 6 cylinder engine

Edited by I_Igor
misssing one big S ...

3 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

BTW, 125 S is the first Ferrari (if we neglect Auto Avio Costruzioni 815), and Dino 246 GTS is from 1960s :wink: but it is a legend despite (only V) 6 cylinder engine

Yeah but I just wanna show that Ferrari were not only yellow since 2000 but also before.

Unknown.jpeg

Just now, chlego said:

Yeah but I just wanna show that Ferrari were not only yellow since 2000 but also before.

Yes; 250 GT SWB was also in yellow, and 500TRC etc...there is a list

Regards

Yellow is acceptable too and I believe the history of yellow ferraris is linked to it being on the flag/crest of Modena. But most people think of a red Ferrari

32 minutes ago, Seasider said:

Yellow is acceptable too and I believe the history of yellow ferraris is linked to it being on the flag/crest of Modena. But most people think of a red Ferrari

Yes, and since we will have yellow Jeep, blue McLaren (based on description that was on stonewars or similar site) we need only one base colour - red and red is mostly suited for Ferrari between above mentioned brands...

BTW we are phylosophing about colour, but has anyone an even glimpse of idea which model will it be?

On 10/28/2020 at 11:17 AM, Jurss said:

Yes, that is what I'm meaning.

As I wrote before, I think there won't be even steering. There could be some suspension, maybe with one shock absrober on each axle. 

Hopefully I'm wrong.

Sorry to reply old post, but I have hypothetical question - is it possible that Jeep has steering gear positioned like Mack, but in tan color so it is not so clear to see (I assume based on what people who saw leaked images wrote)?

12 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

Sorry to reply old post, but I have hypothetical question - is it possible that Jeep has steering gear positioned like Mack, but in tan color so it is not so clear to see (I assume based on what people who saw leaked images wrote)?

We had a small conversation about it back on the end of the 16th page  ;) But yes, it's absolutely possible.

5 hours ago, Jockos said:

We had a small conversation about it back on the end of the 16th page  ;) But yes, it's absolutely possible.

This idea crossed my mind when we were discussing about yellow Ferraris (and I saw 20 tooth double bevel gear on yellow panels in transparent box where I keep some LEGOs)

9 hours ago, I_Igor said:

is it possible that Jeep has steering gear positioned like Mack, but in tan color so it is not so clear to see

Yes, there is something behind cabin, but not clear. That could be also some expedition or similar equipment. But wait should not be long anymore.

14 hours ago, I_Igor said:

BTW we are phylosophing about colour, but has anyone an even glimpse of idea which model will it be? 

No new since the leaked catalog pics on the entire lineup AFAIK, so no clue.

Might be an F1 car even, and all this colour-discussion is moot :P