Cherry-Rose

[MOC/IDEAS] Concession Corner Modular

Concession Corner Lego ModularConcession Corner Lego Modular

Concession Corner Lego Modular

The Concession Corner is a high-profile modular building that is perfect for a bustling downtown scene! I made it to be compatible with existing modular buildings. To make the project unique, I decided to make this an end piece inspired by the likes of the Flatiron building. The sidewalk wraps around the entire perimeter, so it can connect both forwards and backwards. I made it on a 32x32 baseplate for the bulk of the set and a 16x32 baseplate for the tall bay window, which wraps around the two sides and gives a great view. This set works well standalone on all sides. 

It consists of about 2900 pieces and features two tall stories. It features a Fast-Casual restaurant on the first floor, and a loft office space on the second floor. I went through a lot of iterations to pack in building techniques that I'll let you discover. 

Ground Floor: 
On the first floor, there is a lot of space outside to pose minifigures. There is a velvet rope line leading into the restaurant, a bus stop with a wrought-iron bench, and two cherry blossom trees on either corner. In the back, there is an entrance to the kitchen and stairs to the second story. 

When you first enter, you can pick up a menu under a cool burger sign, or pick from the chalkboard above. The employees would be glad to help prepare food at the counter, either to stay or to go. There is substantial dine-in seating, a fountain soda machine, a condiment table, and a handicapped exit. The kitchen has an industrial fridge, a wide grill for searing fresh patties, a sink, and a cutting board. 

Concession Corner Lego Modular

Second Story
Once you go up the stairs through the back of the building, you can enter a classy lobby to be greeted by a professional to help you with any studio needs: drafting, interiors, graphics, even contemporary paintings. There's a futon, a runner and two desks, plus a balcony to view the outside. 

I included six different minifigures representing children, cashiers, managers, patrons, or anything you want them to be. 

Thank you very much for taking the time to check this out!
Edited by Cherry-Rose

1 hour ago, Shiva said:

Nice! But? Ladder to the 2nd floor?

Might not be immediately obvious what I did here, here's a pic of the stairs separated out. It uses the ladders as a base with plates clipped on, to make the stairs narrower. 

https://postimg.cc/wRpqtmFP

Hey everyone! Thanks to you it reached over 400 supporters in the first week. As a reward for getting this far, I’m giving away PDF instructions for a 400-piece Mini-Modular of this MOC. Check it out! 

Mini Concession Corner Modular

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-52085/CherryRose/concession-corner-mini-modular/#info

Edited by Cherry-Rose

LEGO Concession Corner hits 1000 Supporters

Thanks everybody for the help! Today, after only five weeks, the project reached the second milestone of 1,000 Supporters! I am very grateful. Onwards to 5000!