LM71Blackbird

[COR - Troop Raising] Royal Marines of Quinnsville

Royal Marines of Quinnsville

Once the news that Oleon had led an all out assault on Terraversa, Major Nathaniel Brickford was called back from active duty on Brickford Landing to bolster the defenses of Quinnsville.

50254871713_fef7b4b857_c.jpgTroop Inspection 1 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

Shortly after arriving back the Mayor and the Major were both present for the first inspection of Her Majesty's new battalion Royal Marines to be stationed in Quinnsville.

50254871623_a8726e82d0_c.jpgTroop Inspection 2 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

And a fine looking unit they are at that! Surely they will strike fear in the hearts of Her Majesty's enemies both far and near.

50254871563_a9556cfe1e_c.jpgTroop Inspection 3 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

-------------------------------------------

With Quinnsville reaching Large City Status, it raises my troop raising capacity to 90 men per MRCA. Here a small portion of the new battalion joining the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Quinnsville Fusiliers companies. C&C are welcome and appreciated. Thanks for looking! 

Wow, this is absolutely awesome. All aspects are perfect, that wall, the trees, the minifigs. 

Well done. 

Nice use of the BrickWarriors shakos. I'm not sure about them in brown, but I have been considering getting some of the black ones. Maybe when/if shipping from the US doesn't take three months...! Is the torso on the officer custom? I can't get a good look at it but from what I can see it looks impressive. The base is nicely done with enough detail to be interesting but not detract from the troops. The fence is especially nice.

I think Quinnsville may just have the most redcoats of all our settlements soon (although I can hear @Mesabiand @Darnoknow both saying 'challenge accepted'!!) :pir_laugh2:

7 minutes ago, Ayrlego said:

I think Quinnsville may just have the most redcoats of all our settlements soon (although I can hear @Mesabiand @Darnoknow both saying 'challenge accepted'!!) :pir_laugh2:

The WTC troops sure could use some company. For... fun and stuff. :devil:

8 hours ago, Count Vroskri said:

Wow, this is absolutely awesome. All aspects are perfect, that wall, the trees, the minifigs. 

Well done. 

Thank you!

2 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

Nice use of the BrickWarriors shakos. I'm not sure about them in brown, but I have been considering getting some of the black ones. Maybe when/if shipping from the US doesn't take three months...! Is the torso on the officer custom? I can't get a good look at it but from what I can see it looks impressive. The base is nicely done with enough detail to be interesting but not detract from the troops. The fence is especially nice.

Thank you! Yes, I would have preferred them in black, but they were 55 cent verses $1.50, so i went with the cheaper option. I am working on getting myself some bearskin caps though... :head_back:

Yes, since my sigfig was promoted to Major, I thought a change of uniform was in order. While he holds this rank that will be his new look.

My goal has always been to one day raise at least 1 Division of troops to protect the settlement. So more troop raising builds will be coming the future!

2 hours ago, Darnok said:

The WTC troops sure could use some company. For... fun and stuff. :devil:

With the saltpeter on Quinnsville, we should have plenty of gunpowder! :cannon:

Great Build @LM71Blackbird! I really like how this one turned out. The landscaping and the wall make give it the extra character I like to see in a build.

On 9/11/2020 at 4:40 PM, Ayrlego said:

It is Always a good idea to give us a challenge... :pir-wink:

Edited by Mesabi

As others have said here, black shakos might have looked somewhat better. It's understandable however that'd you'd choose brown ones if the black ones are 3 times as expensive. I'd do the same :grin:.

I like the fence/wall. Simple, yet very effective and it adds a nice extra touch to the build.

15 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Great Build @LM71Blackbird! I really like how this one turned out. The landscaping and the wall make give it the extra character I like to see in a build.

It is Always a good idea to give us a challenge... :pir-wink:

Thank you!

Quinnsville will be the second Grand City for Corrington if I have my way!

13 hours ago, Khorne said:

As others have said here, black shakos might have looked somewhat better. It's understandable however that'd you'd choose brown ones if the black ones are 3 times as expensive. I'd do the same :grin:.

I like the fence/wall. Simple, yet very effective and it adds a nice extra touch to the build.

Thanks!