LM71Blackbird

[COR - FB] Miller, Port Raleigh

Miller

On the outskirts of one of the local farms in Port Raleigh, a miller is hard at work producing cornmeal.

50310100756_6a962bc46d_c.jpgMiller 1 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

First the corn is harvested and dried.

50309432043_645d78b538_c.jpgMiller 2 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

Then the miller grinds the dried corn using the water driven mill.

50309432003_c9240aa86c_c.jpgMiller 3 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

--------------------------------------------

A simple build for the settlement of Port Raleigh. I'm not really happy with how the border turned out, but I committed to the design early on in the build so I just went with it. To be licensed as a Medium Artisan. @Ayrlego. C&C are welcome and appreciated and thanks for looking. More pics under the spoiler.

Spoiler

50309431948_98049c49f4_c.jpgMiller 4 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

50309431883_a905467f14_c.jpgMiller 5 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

Very nice mill LM71! The landscaping looks great and I really like the way that the stream is built into the ground and varies levels in the middle. It really gives a flowing water feel. The vegetation is quite colourful and helps make this build pop. I really like this one - great work!

With the licensing, did you want me to take care of it using the Port Raleigh account? Previously I think we've always seen mills licensed as factories, but an artisan may also fit?

2 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

Very nice mill LM71! The landscaping looks great and I really like the way that the stream is built into the ground and varies levels in the middle. It really gives a flowing water feel. The vegetation is quite colourful and helps make this build pop. I really like this one - great work!

With the licensing, did you want me to take care of it using the Port Raleigh account? Previously I think we've always seen mills licensed as factories, but an artisan may also fit?

Thanks! I worked hard on the terrain, so I'm glad you like it!

I can handle the licensing with the PR account. Now that you mention it, a factory would probably be a better fit for this particular build.

7 hours ago, Count Vroskri said:

Awesome, love the plants and the building. 

Thank you!

I like that. So many beautiful details in the landscape and the mill. Really well done.

16 hours ago, Fraunces said:

Very nice mill with a lot of details!

15 hours ago, Count Vroskri said:

I'm sorry @LM71Blackbird, I didn't realise that the mill wheel was made of a ships wheel. This is awesome and very very clever. 

10 hours ago, NOD said:

I like that. So many beautiful details in the landscape and the mill. Really well done.

Thank you all!

I like how this build turned out, the brook looks great, and I like the variation of scatter. 

Great addition to the settlement!