Sign in to follow this  
Vdog

[MOC] Rosefinch Keep

Welcome to Rosefinch Keep the northern stronghold of the Wolfpack kingdom.

*Edit changed the name from Wolfpack Keep, to Rosefinch Keep after the knight of the keep, to avoid confusion with another moc. 

PrN9OOp.png

Mr6l5Jm.png

RqADvII.png

aQgFGRR.png

qd0bGea.png

wI4MgQ3.png

58nFwUT.png

MGjVRx5.png

pOJEktP.png

xSHxn6F.png

MPhtO9u.png

YnbYuZp.jpg

Part count 1275

6 Minifigures (1x Sir Rosefinch knight, 2x Wolfpack guards, 1x Lady Astrid, 1x Squire, 1x Ghost)
5 Animals (1x dog, 1x horse, 1x goat, 2x seagulls)
4 Rooms (1x bedroom, 1x armory, 1x kitchen, 1x secret vault)
1 Tree minifigure scale
Building was built using Stud.io
Minifigures were built using Mecabricks
Edited by Vdog
name change of moc to avoid confusion

Looks good
nice colorscheme too. Also like those slope on the edge of the rooftop, nice details

Very nice build.  I like the bridge and the towers.  The Interiors look nice.  I like the landscape on the path side of the build the green slope pieces give a nice contrast of color.  The figs look great, I like the old school wolfpack and the white fig at the end is excellent.  

Appropriately grim looking.

That's a nice effect with the corner 2 grey, 1 black plate approach. Much better to the eye then the typical 1x2 bricks crossed on top of each other.

Ooh I'm a sucker for these lake builds. The water and the vegetation give it a whole extra dimension.

23 hours ago, Merlo said:

Ooh I'm a sucker for these lake builds. The water and the vegetation give it a whole extra dimension.

I agree, builds with lakes and other natural features, bring life to displays.

23 hours ago, GeoBrick said:

Appropriately grim looking.

That's a nice effect with the corner 2 grey, 1 black plate approach. Much better to the eye then the typical 1x2 bricks crossed on top of each other.

Using the 1x2 plate makes a better scale visually than 1x2 bricks. I was inspired by the old castle sets that had walls and corners pieces with grey bricks printed on black. 

On 9/10/2020 at 7:30 PM, zoth33 said:

Very nice build.  I like the bridge and the towers.  The Interiors look nice.  I like the landscape on the path side of the build the green slope pieces give a nice contrast of color.  The figs look great, I like the old school wolfpack and the white fig at the end is excellent.  

Thanks, I kept the Wolfpack torso and legs original but used the modern cloth cape and hood to update them. The new ghost leg piece is great and it was fun to design the white ghost. 

On 9/10/2020 at 5:17 PM, JintaiZ said:

Great build!

Thank you,

On 9/10/2020 at 3:28 PM, neonic said:

Looks good
nice colorscheme too. Also like those slope on the edge of the rooftop, nice details

Thanks, Black and medium stone grey is a classic, the slope was to give the roof a little Nordic feel.

This MOC has been generating positive reviews on my Instagram @bonobobricks so I entered it on Lego Ideas under the name "Rosefinch Keep". 

IO6Al76.jpeg

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/98293548-02a7-4898-b333-db3d17f8271e

Welcome to Rosefinch Keep the northern stronghold of Sir Rosefinch noble knight of the Wolfpack kingdom. While the Wolfpack was originally advertised as a small faction of rogues, renegades, and bandits; to me growing up they were knights from a distant northern kingdom. The Keep is home to Lady Astrid, Squire Hans and Sir Rosefinch, who is instantly recognizable by the red bird he wears atop his helmet. The Keep is guarded by two strong Wolfpack warriors, and like every good old building is home to a ghost.

I designed the Keep out of Black and Medium Stone Grey bricks, reminiscent of classic castle sets. The Keep is located in the northern frontier of the Wolfpack kingdom, and is built upon rocky islands off the shores of a lake, for protection from rival Kingdoms and roaming monsters. The buildings that make up the Keep are connected via stone bridges over the cold water below. The Keep is not just a decorative structure; it is functional too with all rooms accessible for play through moving walls and floors.  

Reasons why the Rosefinch Keep would make a great LEGO set:

1st The kids who grew up playing with the classic black and grey castle sets, are now Adults with children, and money to spend reliving childhood memories.

2nd The bricks and pieces used to build this set are universally applicable to build multiple alternative MOC’s with for extended play by children and AFOL’s alike.
3rd The size of Rosefinch Keep is just right for a set. It is large enough to fit in among modular buildings. Yet has a small enough part count that keeps the price affordable for regular people not just AFOL’s.
4th Lastly the Wolfpack kingdom deserves to have its story told with their very own full size castle set.

Details:

Part count 1275
6 Minifigures (1x Sir Rosefinch knight, 2x Wolfpack guards, 1x Lady Astrid, 1x Squire Hans, 1x Ghost)
5 Animals (1x dog, 1x horse, 1x goat, 2x seagulls)
4 Rooms (1x bedroom, 1x armory, 1x kitchen, 1x secret vault)
1 Tree minifigure scale
Building was built using Stud.io
Minifigures were built using Mecabricks

Thank you:

Thanks for your support and comments. If you would like to see the Rosefinch Keep become a LEGO set please share with friends and family.

I really like this build. It has great classic castle vibes and reminds me of the old wolfpack fortress from the 90s. As a kid i loved that little wolfpack set. 

wolfpack and forestmen are favorites of mine.

18 hours ago, PirateRoberts said:

I really like this build. It has great classic castle vibes and reminds me of the old wolfpack fortress from the 90s. As a kid i loved that little wolfpack set. 

wolfpack and forestmen are favorites of mine.

Thanks,  Wolfpack and forestmen are also favorites of mine.

21 hours ago, goceltic67 said:

Great build mate

Well done 

Thanks

On 9/12/2020 at 11:34 AM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

I've never had castles in my collection, but I'm learning to appreciate them ... beautiful work! :thumbup:

Thanks, Castles can sometimes fit a train layout