Legofan29

LNUR TFOLS -- A New Group for Teenage LEGO Train Fans in the U.K.

Hi everyone. 

My name is Levi, I'm 16 years old, and have been a fan of Lego and trains my entire life, and even volunteer at the Spa Valley Railway in Sussex (and Kent).

I recently agreed to be the chair for a TFOL (Teenage Fan Of LEGO) group of LNUR, LEGO Northern UK Railway, it's a new group set up for LEGO train fan members aged 14 years to 18 years. Despite the name, we are open to members all over the U.K. (I myself am based in the south of England).

Thanks to the main LNUR group, who have agreed to give support to help us run the group while giving us the freedom to run as I see fit.

I'm hoping we can get a small group of active members who will display at shows, once they reopen while supporting each other online too. 

If you are interested or know someone who could be interested head to lnurailway.co.uk/tfols, including membership benefits. In the first few months, we're free for TFOL members to help us get the group off the ground, after which we will start charging a small fee to help cover membership bricks and a few other costs.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and I hope to see some of you there!

I would love to participate, but I don't live in the UK...

I would have loved to be a part of this - it sounds like an excellent idea, and and I can't wait to see what you will do.

It's a shame I'm 3 years too old!

Merde, even worse here:

Not living in the UK and 40 years too old. But the idea is really brilliant. Maybe rising the bar to 21 or even 25 years could be still rounding up more folks with the same "focus"?

Best
Thorsten

Used to live in the UK, but was never young enough.... Great idea, I’ve seen some great stuff from teenage British builders. There’s also an active LUG in Ireland with probably a number of TFOLs but not enough for a viable standalone group, it might be worth reaching out to brick.ie to see if there is a way to partner. 

Edited by Andy Glascott

On 9/10/2020 at 9:48 PM, Toastie said:

Merde, even worse here:

Not living in the UK and 40 years too old. But the idea is really brilliant. Maybe rising the bar to 21 or even 25 years could be still rounding up more folks with the same "focus"?

Best
Thorsten

In the U.K., our main LNUR group covers LEGO train fans over 18. Under 18, there doesn’t seem to be a group that exists. We will be having a think about what the next step is, as the LEGO train hobby is a  great hobby and we’d like to support people entering it as much as we can. 

Few other good Facebook groups for LEGO train fans - LEGO RAIL (created by a member before we started), LEGO Train Fan Club, Amazing LEGO Trains and a few others. 

On 9/10/2020 at 1:14 PM, ColletArrow said:

I would have loved to be a part of this - it sounds like an excellent idea, and and I can't wait to see what you will do.

It's a shame I'm 3 years too old!

If you’re in the U.K., you’re eligible for membership of the main club! LNURailway.co.uk/membership