Winter Garden

This diorama was on my wishlist since a long time. My goal was to recreate a welcoming room full of plants and flowers while using many pieces from the Scala, Fabuland and Belville series.
I have been collecting these kind of pieces in the past few months, and have finally placed them in my Winter Garden.
If you look carefully you'll notice many Scala pieces like the award ribbon, the watering cans, the cloth rug, the chairs, the wicker baskets and the suitcase. Even the white cat waiting for the mouse on the chair.
The coffee-table legs are  linked via the Scala towel bar, a piece I had never heard of, but very interesting.

50311414217_49a2fe271e_b.jpg

I also added a couple of Fabuland utensils: the camera on the cabinet and the jerry can. There are many plants and flowers and I used different kind of utensil to create the plants supports (hockey sticks for the cactus, brooms for the ficus).

IMG_3629_2500.jpg

There are many others details and NPU, have fun spotting them!
It was very funny building it and it's something different from my usual comfort zone. Hope you like it!

I like it very much and every time I look at it, I find new details, elements or techniques of construction, interesting, bravo 

This is a masterpiece ...but I'm not surprised since we're talking about @Norton74 ! :laugh:
I really like the design of the objects,
especially the cabinet door with the wicker finish ...that piece of furniture reminds me of the hotel room from the first 007 movie License to Kill ...great work! :wub:

This is fantastic. It looks so life like. Even knowing it’s not, it’s hard to tell. Those cabinet doors are especially noteworthy, the detailing is impressive. And I love all the plant life. And the staring contest happening.  :tongue:

On 9/9/2020 at 11:44 PM, JintaiZ said:

Great build!

On 9/10/2020 at 1:32 AM, ExeSandbox said:

Gorgeous, love the vibes and the use of textiles! :thumbup:

Thank you very much!

On 9/10/2020 at 8:39 AM, 1963maniac said:

Clever use of gator tail and green spikes. Love the radio, table cupboard design!! Well done!!

Thank you!

19 hours ago, Curbthetide said:

Love the build, it looks so real!  I especially like the 'picture' of the ship on the wall.  Well done!

Thank you, very appreciated:classic:

17 hours ago, Antha said:

I like it very much and every time I look at it, I find new details, elements or techniques of construction, interesting, bravo 

Thanks a bunch!

11 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

This is a masterpiece ...but I'm not surprised since we're talking about @Norton74 ! :laugh:
I really like the design of the objects,
especially the cabinet door with the wicker finish ...that piece of furniture reminds me of the hotel room from the first 007 movie License to Kill ...great work! :wub:

Thank you for your kind words, very very appreciated! I've to watch again the 007 movie to understand what you mean, I'm very curious... ;)

3 hours ago, Vindicare said:

This is fantastic. It looks so life like. Even knowing it’s not, it’s hard to tell. Those cabinet doors are especially noteworthy, the detailing is impressive. And I love all the plant life. And the staring contest happening.  :tongue:

Thank you, glad it looks life-like :)

9 hours ago, Henning M. said:

Absolutely  fabulous.

Have you submitted it to LEGO Ideas?

Thanks!
No I haven't submitted it to LEGO Ideas...

27 minutes ago, Vdog said:

I like builds in this scale, and you have done a great job here!

Thanks @Vdog???

Edited by Norton74

On 9/12/2020 at 1:07 PM, Shiva said:

Well done build :)

Thank you:classic:!

20 hours ago, carebear said:

So Amazing!

You Rule!

I so adore Your Builds!

Greetings!

Thanks a bunch for your kind words @carebear :classic:

This is incredible.  I've never had a green thumb, but this not only inspires one to build an interior scene, but also create a winter garden.  Unique and most creative!  

On 9/14/2020 at 3:40 PM, WesternOutlaw said:

This is incredible.  I've never had a green thumb, but this not only inspires one to build an interior scene, but also create a winter garden.  Unique and most creative!  

That's funny! then I hope to see your real winter garden soon ;)

On 9/14/2020 at 5:49 PM, Actionfigure said:

Very cosy! The lemon tree is spot on!

Thank you very much @Actionfigure :classic: