Episode 5 ~ Captive of the Mardierians  < you are here
Episode 6 ~ The temple

Main characters:

• The Fraunces' family, Sea Rats
  • Captain Le Faou & his comrades
  • Corrington naturalist turned privateer, Victoria Elsa
  • The Mardierians

EPISODE 5
The last time Captain LeFaou was heard of, he stole the Naturalist lady Elsa's silver treasure on the Rock. Luckily, an informer of the Fraunces' crime-family send a dove to the Sereen Cay with the message LeFeau has been captured by the Mardierian navy! A mighty adversary indeed, although some think they are an empire which is doomed not to last for much longer. The last months however, they have avoided confrontation with the other emerging Halosian powers. The Mardierians have not been idle in the meantime, and did rebuild their navy while keeping their exploits and new settlements secret. Many an adventurer has been captured chasing the Mardierian fleets, or while stumbling on one of these secret hideouts.

Now, Lothario Fraunces, Victoria must travel to one of these hidden colonies to recapture LeFeau, and find out where he hid the silver before he was caught by the imperials!

Fight

But before we look any further, let me introduce you: the Mardierian Mariachi's practising upstairs in one of the buildings :head_back: :

( Play this to get the mood right, while reading this post)

Practising

"You might have found us, but you'll never part from this island Fraunces!" the Mardierian Captain shouted.

"All we want is LeFaou, he is useless to you! Calm down and we'll negotiate!"  Fraunces said.

"Let us fight first, and talk later!"

Le Faou, happy to see a fellow-privateer after many days: "Get me out of here Fraunces, I'll tell you where the silver is!"

The Cage

Mardierian Outpost

After some fighting, shouting and cursing, the Mardierian Colonel of the fort calmed the two swordsman down, and spoke with Fraunces seperately. The Sea Rats vowed to keep the fort a secret, in return for a welcome port, free passage and trade in the Sereen Cay for all Mardian traders and ships. On top, the Sea Rats bought LeFaou back for 50 bottles of rum, 100 Lemons, 100 liter of sparkling water, 20 KG of Mint stems and 50 KG cane sugar (everyone likes a good mojito).

Mardierian Colonel

Why fight the Mardierians if you can trade? Take notes, Eslandolians!

Spoiler

two more pictures I didn't use in this post, I also forgot to add the assassin on the leftside of the poles in the water to the story :innocent:

Mardierian Outpost

LeFeau in the Cage

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wanted to build something for Mardier! I was inspired by previous Mardierian minifigs but created my own style. Let me know what you think!

Edited by Fraunces

@Fraunces

This is an excellent 5th part, just had an enjoyable read through your stories. I love the Fort, and especially the Lefauou's Cage. 

Good story. I really like the Mardierian Outpost and minifigures. The photos are really great. There are many interesting things to see.

Loved the whole build! Especially the first photo is excellent. I also enjoyed the story and the inventive "mojitos for everyone vs a scallywag pirate" trade off (which I admit, I had to re-read it before I had a good laugh :pir-huzzah1:)

Really great scene Fraunces. The buildings are a great mixture of textures and styles that all mesh really well together. I especially like the use of the grey minifig legs above the archway. The Mardierian minifigs are also a hit! Great work!

On 9/9/2020 at 7:43 PM, Count Vroskri said:

This is an excellent 5th part, just had an enjoyable read through your stories. I love the Fort, and especially the Lefauou's Cage. 

Many thanks @Count Vroskri. The cage took some tries and retries to make it work well. The story is honestly kind of adjusted to a build I just wanted to make :pir-classic:.

On 9/9/2020 at 7:43 PM, NOD said:

Good story. I really like the Mardierian Outpost and minifigures. The photos are really great. There are many interesting things to see.

Many thanks @NOD good to hear the pictures work, always hard to get the quality and angle right...

On 9/11/2020 at 10:45 PM, blackdeathgr said:

Loved the whole build! Especially the first photo is excellent. I also enjoyed the story and the inventive "mojitos for everyone vs a scallywag pirate" trade off (which I admit, I had to re-read it before I had a good laugh :pir-huzzah1:)

Thank @blackdeathgr . The first photo was my favorite too, that's why I put that one first: I always struggle with angles and lighting to make the perfect composition to tell the story. My writing which is sometimes maybe a little to follow because I basically translate my Dutch-thoughts to English sentences :parrot:

On 9/11/2020 at 11:35 PM, Ayrlego said:

Really great scene Fraunces. The buildings are a great mixture of textures and styles that all mesh really well together. I especially like the use of the grey minifig legs above the archway. The Mardierian minifigs are also a hit! Great work!

Very good to hear @Ayrlego especially from you, I always take inspiration from your builds before I begin building and I try to enhance my own style by stealing ideas from your (among other great builders on this forum) MOCs :pir-thumb:

Excellent Techniques, and great scene. I really like how you did the stone work, while keeping true to Classic Pirates style. Great Job!