Sooo it's been a while since i've posted here.. reason being that life happened :laugh:

Anyway also been a while since i've looked at my lego but recently i've gotten the itch to build a thing or two. Most of them are not complete and maybe never will be but I like building and it's a stress relief so why not?

Pictures? Sure! Without many words. Just wanted to share them because in my opinion there are way to little tractors being built in lego form and even less tractor pullers. So here goes..

Ford County 754

IMG_20200908_213859_8IMG_20200908_213914_1IMG_20200908_213929_9

Mini puller or 'mini rod' as i believe they call them in the USA..

IMG_20200908_213809_7IMG_20200908_213820_5

Unlimited tractor puller with three turbine engines 

IMG_20200908_213726_8IMG_20200908_213753_3

And last but not least, unlimited tractor puller with 16 cylinder radial engine WIP

IMG_20200908_213218_1IMG_20200908_213235_8IMG_20200908_213258_1

Edited by Sjoemie himself
Added description

I really like that first one, the blue old-school tractor. Reminds me of wat Technic once was before all the studs disappeared :sweet:

13 hours ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

@I_IgorThank you! Weird, I’ve seen the sets that contain it but never actually noticed the tire.

No problem at all :sweet:

Wow so many positive comments. Thank you all!

@MinusAndy Do you have any more pics of it?

I'm working on all of the tractors at once so progress on one particular tractor can be slow. I'll work on one until i get stuck or run out of parts and move on to the next. When i have progress i will post some new pictures.

@Maaboo35 thank you. Glad you like the County. I had it in my head for a little while and decided to build it simple to get it out of my system :laugh:

County could be interesting with CLASS tires and lots of functionalities, perhaps even PF of C+ MOC...

Thought about it.. i'll maybe try that later. As of now I could'nt think of a mechanism to drive the front wheels realistically. The original tractor has two seperate driveshafts, one to each wheel, to power the front axle. With the Claas wheel size you would have some more room but still it would be difficult to make it look and function like the real thing.

Perhaps some ideas for tatra suspension with one shaft driving left wheel and one driving right wheel could give you idea for solution...(and two 4L differentials in length position; one for front and one for rear).

I have 12 pullers in my inventory but tire is simply way to wide for my perception on models...

1 hour ago, Sjoemie himself said:

12 pullers, really? Do you have pictures of them? Would be cool to see some pictures of pullers created by others.

Which tires do you use on your pulling tractors?

I have 12 tires (tractor puller tires) in my inventory...

On 9/13/2020 at 10:30 AM, I_Igor said:

(tractor puller tires

Interesting. Are you planning on building tractor pullers?

Been working on getting something out of my head again. This time it is a Versatile 936 tractor. No functions to speak of. I just wanted to build a tractor like this in a small(ish) scale. And lets be honest,  that colour combination is just awesome on a tractor.

IMG_20200921_180458_5IMG_20200921_180509_0IMG_20200921_180547_2IMG_20200921_180736_6IMG_20200921_180723_7IMG_20200921_180642_7

Hm I had images if Buhler Versatile with white roof, but imagine how cool it would be with LEGO tractor tires. Last tractor that I made (some 7 years ago) with powepullers was Deere 7230R; here is a gallery 

https://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=535335

I do not like tread pattern on balloon (and powepullers), so I try to use other tires on my creations

You are right, newer Versatile tractors have a dark brownish red and white paint sceme. I would like to build this with Claas tires someday but I will have to gather some parts first and make somekind of blueprint. This I just built off of pictures so the scale and dimensions might be a little off.

I also agree with you on the ballon tires, they look like garbadge on a tractor. That is why I used third party tires for the pullers. For these smaller tractors I like the old technic tire, they are 'close enough' to true agricultural tires.

By the way, I do like your John Deere technic model. You've captured the lines and overall shape very well 

Thanks, bonnet lines are the most complicated to replicate (I have my issues with Fastrac bonnet :laugh: )

1 hour ago, Sjoemie himself said:

That is why I chose the Versatile. Nice and square :laugh:

Well one of my project is Syn-trac (no bonnet at all) :wink:

91-SYNTRAC-TIPPER.jpg-nggid0221-ngg0dyn-