ARKUM ELO

[K12 - Kalist VI - TT] Discovery on Kalist VI

*Your entry has earned 11 XP*

Discovery on Kalist VI

log = tt.entry([DT-R&%]);

run(log);

output:;

[DT-R65-BRAVURA SQUAD-MISSION STATUS]:;

--Our mission on Fondor was a success. The sector is under control. Our next goal is to explore surrounding worlds for possible resources and supplies for the cause. Our next mission is on Kalist VI. According to old mission logs an imperial station was placed here during the galactic civil war. It remains to be seen if they have survived on their own for all these years…

[end_transmission];

run(log);

We’ve arrived on Kalist. The station seems abandoned, largely barron, desert landscape surrounding it. Something has been here though… The supplies here are fresh. The base hasn’t been abandoned for long. Storage crates are covered in sand, some are not. We will search for more evidence as to what happened here, but there is nothing to report yet.

[end_transmission];

“This planet is indeed barron sir.” said Coda. DT-R65 stared ahead, observing the station. “What is that over there?!” Coda exclaims. The wind is blowing up the sand, but a settlement within the base itself can be seen. “Nottero, flank the right side of that building”, commands DT-R65. The team approaches the building. Silhouettes of stormtrooper helmets can be seen through the dusty wind. Can it be? Is there still hope for the forces stationed here? No… No. The dust settles. Stormtrooper helmets have been pierced and placed on pikes.

Discovery on Kalist VI...[SW Factions RPG]

This place is indeed inhabited, but not by stormtroopers… Notturo comes around from the right flank. “Nothing here sir.” “Activate that generator.” DT-R65 replies. The generator flickers with light, and makes a high pitch humming sound. An awful racket stirs from within the house. A mechanical sound approaches the closed blast door. “At the ready troopers!” The blast door opens, and a cloud of dust emerges. the mechanical sound is louder, and the blast door closes. Now it is silent. Coda runs a thermal scan, but finds nothing, except the generator… The dust blows away to reveal a metal figure standing before them. A droid, a large droid wielding 2 WESTAR-35 blaster pistols. Could it be reasoned with? not likely, but worth a try. It had after all decimated the imperials stationed here.

Discovery on Kalist VI...[SW Factions RPG]Discovery on Kalist VI...[SW Factions RPG]

“((What is your purpose here))” says the droid in a low, muffled and gritty manner. Its sensors are pale, as if it was blind, but one can’t know for sure. DT-R65 turns off his voice scrambler. 

“We seek to recruit the troopers stationed here, although it seems you made quick work of them.” “((They left me no choice))” says the droid. “((I am IG-828))” It seems to be friendly, despite its menacing appearance. “My name is DT-R65. This is my squad.” “((Please exit the premises.))” says the droid. “Why did you do this?” asks Coda. The droid replies; “((PLEASE EXIT THE PREMISES!))” IG-828 raises his blasters, targeting both Coda and Notturo standing behind him.  “Wait! we have something to offer” says DT-R65. IG-828 turns one of his sensors towards DT-R65. “ You are activated thanks to us. Had we not turned on the generator, you would still be here, corroding. We have a ship, we have… opportunity.”

IG-828 stands still, computing this proposition. Quite odd that a droid can be conscious in this manner, but this consciousness was also what made it so effective. The droid lowers his blasters… BRAVURA squad has gained a new member!

Discovery on Kalist VI...[SW Factions RPG]Discovery on Kalist VI...[SW Factions RPG]

run(status);

Mission on Kalist VI:;

[end_transmission];

Edited by goatman461

1 minute ago, Darth Bjorn said:

That droid is seriously terrifying! A perfect addition to Bravura Squad! Looking forward to see him in action...

Thanks a lot! He will indeed be force to be reckoned with. His datafiles could possibly aid BRAVURA squad in there search for allies!

Excellent writing. You do the military/squad/action stuff in such an enjoyable way. Naturally the build is great! Why the purple background though? Looks kind of whack.

12 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

He does look spot-on. Maybe it's the lighting. The head is good, too. 

Thanks a lot! :-)

11 hours ago, marvelBoy123 said:

Love that, droid, very original!

Thank you!

11 hours ago, Simulterious said:

Great to see the story of Bravura squad continuing. I might have to build some stuff too... 

Yes, the show must go on... :-D 

3 hours ago, RocketBoy said:

Excellent writing. You do the military/squad/action stuff in such an enjoyable way. Naturally the build is great! Why the purple background though? Looks kind of whack.

Thank you so much! I do enjoy a whack background every once in a while, depending on the build. I think it makes it pop a bit more, although these pictures had a bit poor lighting. Here's an example of a picture of the same build with some better lighting: https://flic.kr/p/2jBJBUR

Very nice work and writing. I love the base on this build - makes the build feel more natural. Droid looks very good as well.

On 9/9/2020 at 8:52 PM, Tariq j said:

Very nice work and writing. I love the base on this build - makes the build feel more natural. Droid looks very good as well.

Thank you very much! I'm glad you like the story! :-)

Great build! I like a lot the atmosphere of the build, very SWish. The droid build is very creative. Nice story as well. That skeleton piece is new to me, from what set is it?

Edited by dvogon