Tarix819

[MOC] Lego Technic RC Vickers M1936 Light Tank

For photos, see the Imgur gallery: https://imgur.com/gallery/rBwm0Pi

Hello,

My newest Tank is a model of the British Vickers M1936, a member of a line commercial light Tanks developed by British arms manufacturer Vickers-Armstrongs from 1933-1938, designed for the export market. The Vickers M1936 was sold to the Netherlands, and as such earned its nickname 'Dutchman'. The vehicle also saw service as a training platform for the British Army during the Second World War.

Building Instructions can be found on Rebrickable: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-51517/Tarix819/vickers-m1936-light-tank/#admin

Иллюстрированный сайт военной истории

Now, usually, I include a firing mechanism in my Tanks, as I had done with my A34 Comet back in April and my Vickers Mk. E (B) in August, however this was the first vehicle I intended on designing building instructions for, so I wanted to keep it simple. Whilst the Tank was far easier to build than the Vickers Mk. E (B), the instructions were somewhat challenging to make on Studio 2.0. This one took less than a month to build, compared to the almost four months it took me to complete the Vickers Mk. E (B). This is probably due to the greater simplicity.

Features:

-Weight: 4.9kg

-Scale: 1:8

-Pieces: 4855

-Suspension: Coil-spring bogies, or, the less specific name, Horstmann. The 9.5L soft shock-absorbers give the vehicle a sort of 'hop-along' impression when travelling at full speed, however they are almost at the limit of their strength.

-Two AA battery boxes each with three 3.7v Li-Ions and three dummy batteries, giving an output of 11.1v per track, and ultimately making the vehicle incredibly fast. This is also because the drive wheels have 10-stud diameters.

-Seven motors in total: Two PF XL for each track, and three PF M for turret traverse, gun elevation and the engine.

-The engine is a realistic model of the Meadows ESTE 6-Cylinder engine used on the real Vickers M1936 and many of the interwar British Light Tanks.

-The vehicle has functional Headlights and Rearlights.

-The turret can traverse 360 degrees, although rather slowly, as it is a one-man crank-operated turret.

-The main .303 Vickers Machine Gun can be elevated and depressed.

-On each side of the Tank there are track tensioners for tensing each track.

-Detailing; exhaust, fire extinguisher, periscopes, vision slits and covers, handles, doors, vents, etc.

Edited by Tarix819

I'm new here and I really love tanks and tracked vehicles, I have to say this along with the comet are some of the best MOCs I've ever come across.
I'm missing about 50% of the parts so I wont be building it soon but this is amazing.

Please keep making these wonders!

On 12/29/2020 at 1:53 AM, Brickado said:

I'm new here and I really love tanks and tracked vehicles, I have to say this along with the comet are some of the best MOCs I've ever come across.
I'm missing about 50% of the parts so I wont be building it soon but this is amazing.

Thank you for your kind words!

I have a new Tank model which I should be releasing in the next week or two, so stay tuned!